Help my Dh died.(Updated again post #218)

Our family priest told my mother when my father passed away to remember that "Grief is the price we pay for love".

Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. My heart goes out to you all.

:hug: I am so sorry for your loss. He sounds like a wonderful man. :hug:

I can't believe I'm posting this. My soul mate of 25 yrs died without warning yesterday. We have a big family trip with my 77yo parents and my MIL schedulaed for Sept 5th. I do not want to go. My soon to be 6yo who was planning on spending her Bday at WDW is asking if we are going. My 11 and 13yo girls are also ossilating between wanting to go or not to go. I have know idea what the right choice to make is.

God help me.

Oh Honey I am so very sorry. :grouphug: I will be praying for you and your family. :hug: I don't know what to say about your up coming trip. But if it was me I would put it off for a year maybe. Give you and your kids time to heal. God Bless You.

You are in my thoughts and prayers, and my absolute deepest sympathy goes out to you and your family.

Sue~I am terribly sorry for your loss. I pray you and your girls will find strength in Dean's love. It was touching to read the notice. God bless you and your family.:hug:

Sue, you and your family are in my thoughts & prayers. I am so sorry for your loss. :grouphug:

Thank you for sharing the obituary. It sounds like a very nice tribute to your DH.
I think you made the right decision for your family. If you had gone, you would endure the trip and get thru it, but not be able to do much more than that. It sounds like your DH was a big Disney lover and would want you all to go back when you are ready and you will have a chance to make some more happy Disney memories.:grouphug:

Hang in there!!! :hug:

All Is Well
Death is nothing at all...I have only slipped away into the next room...I am I and you are you. Whatever we were to each other, that we are still. Call me by my old familiar name, speak to me in the easy way you always used. Put no difference into your tone, wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow. Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes we enjoyed together. Play, smile, think of me, pray for me. Let my name be ever the household word that it always was. Let it be spoken without effect, without the ghost of a shadow on it.Life means all that it ever meant. It is the same as it ever was, there is absolutly unbroken continuity. Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight ? I am but waiting for you for an internal, somewhere very near; just around the corner. All Is Well.

I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you as you go through this terrible tragedy.

I'm sending support to you and your children. You need to just work on one step at a time right now. My 52 year old uncle just passed away without warning on Aug 1st and I can tell you our family is still in auto pilot right now. I think you've made the right decision to put off the trip. With everything you and your kids are going to be going through in the next few days, weeks, months, ect. just try to remember to put one foot in front of the other, anyone who expects more from you doesn't understand how your lives have been completly rocked. Don't put anymore stress on yourself then you already have. I hope you have family and friends around you who can help support you and your kids in all the ways you will need. Understand you are justified in every emotion you are feeling right now. Just know you aren't alone.

I was so sorry to read about your loss - my thoughts & prayers are with you and your precious family. May God shine His face upon you during these difficult days.

So sorry for your loss. I am keeping you and your family in my prayers.

I read his obituary, he sounds like he was a very special man.:hug:

I am truly sorry for your loss. I cannot even imagine what you all are going through. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

My 1 1/2 yr old niece died 1st week of OCT a few years ago....We kept our quick trip scheduled for Disney at the end of OCT. It was quality family time and definetly helped my sister and the kids.:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter