Heat, Humidity, and Our Favorite Disney Dog Was a Thug! LINK TO NEW PTR!!

So glad you were able to meet the princesses. Willow looks like she really enjoyed that! Love the photos of their entrance on the balcony.

I love the Princess pictures! Seeing The Enchanted Garden makes me want to go on a cruise more and more. Olivia of course wants to do the Alaska cruise but I'd personally would rather go somewhere warm. We shall see next year where we will go. :cool1:

That was quite an awesome Princess Meet!!!
I LOVE Tiana's dress. The color is so pretty. And the dress itself is gorgeous as well.

Willow sure looked to be having a grand time.

Aladdin looked quite regal.

Your meal at Palo looks very nice. But I'm with you - I don't know if I could do Palo & have it feel extraordinary after having done Remy. I had brunch scheduled for us @ Palo this past cruise & ended up canceling. Glad I did because there is no way it could have even come close to the brunch we had at Remy.

Poor Willow being too tired for the pj party. You know, I found on this most recent cruise, that Reid couldn't stay up quite as late as he had in June. I think with getting older & being in school now, he poops out at least a little quicker than he used to.

I always want to do the Fire & Ice pedicure but I can't stand to leave for vacation not already having a pedicure done. :rotfl: Guess I'll be sticking to massages @ Senses. :cloud9:

I love those booths in EG!!! One day I may actually get to eat one.

Love all the princess pics!

It's so funny to see how different a cruise can be for different people, even if they are on the same cruise. :lmao:
Right??? It's kind of fun to compare, isn't it? I'm so sad we didn't meet up though. :(

I am so happy Willow got her booth at EG. They are neat and I don't know why, but we often end up in one and I am always getting tangled in the table cloth. :rotfl2:
She was really thrilled with it! :laughing:

I have seen the princesses coming out and it is impressive to see them arrive, but it never really sunk in that you can actually see them all "in one go" so to speak. And how neat that Miss Snow remembered Miss Willow's name! Sometimes these CMs amaze me at HOW they remember people. When we got on the DREAM this February one of the head servers looked at us, smiled and came up with our first names and said "from Germany?" - well, not quite, but he was close enough for me! ;)
It really is a brilliant princess meet for those with children who are satisfied to meet each princess once. Again, I have no idea what THAT would be like...... :rotfl2:

I was very impressed with Snow - there was no indication at all that she had managed to somehow look closely at Willow's kids' club band or anything. I think she truly remembered her and her name. I can't imagine - I don't even remember my own name some days. I am always blown away by the CM experiences that you and Tom have. I would think that, no matter how manu=y times you cruise, there is no way CMs could remember you with all the folks they see. But they are really something. We actually ran into our server from the Wonder on the Fantasy, and she at least pretended to remember us - I can't imagine she really did, but maybe! :laughing:

That beef tenderloin looks awesome! One of my friends who I went to Italy with can't have gluten, but a lot of places had really good gluten-free pasta! Unfortunately, her experience with gluten-free bread there was the same as your experience with a lot of places...just not good.
The Palo beef tenderloin really is VERY good.

That's amazing that your friend had such options in Italy! I've always been nervous about what it will be like for me when food-wise when we start making international trip. This gives me great hope!

That's such a bummer about the pajama party :( at least she got to experience it before!
Yeah, I felt so bad for leaving her there! I had no idea. She loved it on our last cruise, but I think she was just run down. Poor thing.

The princesses twirling their dresses are absolutely adorable!!
I love that whole procession - it is quite a spectacle!

I don't blame willow for wanting to sit in the booths. Those are so pretty!
Yeah - I wasn't sad to get to sit there myself! :laughing:

That princess m&g looks so fun and fancy! Don't you just love how they always have to go to the bathroom at the most convenient time? :rotfl2: glad you made it back before your turn! And look at Aladdin, all decked out!!
It really is quite a spectacular event. The bathroom thing had me pretty stressed out though. Aladdin was VERY fancy! :laughing:

I love all the porthole pics you've taken! The water looks so pretty--i love the ocean so much!
Thanks! I am forever in search of a truly good porthole picture. GAH!

How wonderful that Snow White remembered Willow's name she must have been so thrilled :)
It was very cool. I think Willow, however, just expected that she would know her! :laughing:

The way the Princesses arrived looked great and although the wait sounded long at least you got to see all of them in one go :thumbsup2
It's truly a great set-up. The arrival is full of royal fanfare, the wait is made as painless as possible with Aladdin working the line, and you get to meet so many princesses at once but with an individual experience with each. They really know what they are doing. :thumbsup2

So glad you were able to meet the princesses. Willow looks like she really enjoyed that! Love the photos of their entrance on the balcony.
The DCL princess meet is really a wonderful spectacle! :thumbsup2

Awww, look how happy Willow looks!!! What a great meet with all the Princesses!! princess:princess:
It was a wonderful time - well worth the wait!

I love the Princess pictures! Seeing The Enchanted Garden makes me want to go on a cruise more and more. Olivia of course wants to do the Alaska cruise but I'd personally would rather go somewhere warm. We shall see next year where we will go. :cool1:
Oh, you will love either one. The Alaska cruise is AMAZING, but the Caribbean is pretty awesome too. I couldn't say which is better! For me, Alaska was kind of a bucket-list experience _ I had never seen anything in person like the glacier, so that was probably my favorite, but the Caribbean was just so relaxing and sunny and beautiful. You can't go wrong with DCL anywhere, I think! :thumbsup2

looks like a great trip
It was! Thank you!!! :goodvibes

That was quite an awesome Princess Meet!!!
I LOVE Tiana's dress. The color is so pretty. And the dress itself is gorgeous as well.

Willow sure looked to be having a grand time.

Aladdin looked quite regal.
The princess meet was absolutely wonderful. And I am a huge fan of the Tiana dress too - she is so underrated in my view, definitely one of my favorite princesses. Willow did have a wonderful time. :woohoo:

Your meal at Palo looks very nice. But I'm with you - I don't know if I could do Palo & have it feel extraordinary after having done Remy. I had brunch scheduled for us @ Palo this past cruise & ended up canceling. Glad I did because there is no way it could have even come close to the brunch we had at Remy.
Yep - I think that's true. I think there are a lot of people who aren't interested in dining at Remy, and Palo is the perfect choice for them on the Fantasy. Now that I have dined at Remy for brunch and dinner, I can't see doing Palo again on the Fantasy. On the Wonder, I would totally do it again (there is no Remy, but I also feel like the server there made it a lot more special - probably because it was the only up-charge restaurant onboard).

Poor Willow being too tired for the pj party. You know, I found on this most recent cruise, that Reid couldn't stay up quite as late as he had in June. I think with getting older & being in school now, he poops out at least a little quicker than he used to.
I'm not sure what happened this night - I felt REALLY bad though. Because I had left her there not realizing that she was so tired, and because I know how much she LOVES the Pluto Pajama Party. :(

I always want to do the Fire & Ice pedicure but I can't stand to leave for vacation not already having a pedicure done. :rotfl: Guess I'll be sticking to massages @ Senses. :cloud9:
:laughing: The key to that is to put your feet through a brutal August 7 days at WDW - you will desperately want a pedicure. Honestly, I'm not willing to spend the money for them at all anymore in real life, so I was happy to splurge!

I love those booths in EG!!! One day I may actually get to eat one.
They are really cute, aren't they? I was glad Willow got her wish, but also kind of :rolleyes: since I was just telling her that she needed to be happy with whatever we got. :laughing: It was fun though - and I would be happy to sit there again!

Love all the princess pics!
Such a great princess meet!

A Make-Over at Sea​

Tuesday, August 20, 2013
Sunrise: 6:33AM
Sunset: 7:14PM
Port: Costa Maya, Mexico
Evening Attire: Cruise Casual
All Ashore: 1:00PM
All Aboard: 5:30PM
Tuesday: Overcast, High of 82
Wednesday: Partly Cloudy, High of 84

We were finished meeting the princesses by 11:15 and decided we would go upstairs and see if we could meet Daisy before Princess Willow’s 11:30 appointment. We were successful!

We were done with time to spare, so we stopped at the Vista Cafe so I could get an espresso beverage - I was feeling the need for some extra caffeine this morning! The lovely CM there gave Willow a biscotti as well. :thumbsup2

Where were we off to next? Well, this was awaiting us in our stateroom when we got on board.

The Fantasy is, I believe, the only DCL ship with a BBB! We couldn’t resist that! Months before, Princess Willow had chosen the mermaid make-over. And I had booked that, having to guess at what size would fit her. I was wrong, but the CMs at the BBB were okay with it even though one of them had to run down to the shops to find the right size for Miss Willow.

Isn’t the changing room so cute?

Because they had to go retrieve Princess Willow’s outfit, she moved onto the make-over part without changing first. The mermaid make-over is cute - it’s a little hair style with a cute clip that changes color in the sun, sun-protection in different colors on the cheeks, nail polish that changes color in the sun, a cool seashell necklace that changes color in the sun, and then a bathing suit with a mermaid tail wrap. Willow loved it!

After being made over, Willow was finally able to change into the swimsuit and mermaid tail.

This was a great experience! I think if we were just cruising (i.e., hadn’t already done the big BBB package at MK), I would be willing to spring for the big package on the cruise. Willow LOVED this package though and still wears the swimsuit, skirt, and necklace all the time. :thumbsup2

Up Next: A Fancy Lunch

Willows mermaid make over is so cute! I love that it's something different then you'd get at the parks. Madison got that necklace when she did her mermaid makeover at pirates league and LOVES it! I'm constantly having to look through the dress up stuff for it (she's good at putting it away, just not where it goes. Bottom of the toybox isn't really where we keep dress up jewelry, believe it or not.....:rolleyes: )

The meet with daisy was cute. I love the border on the picture--so bright and fun!

LOVE mermaid Willow! That is such a cute idea especially if you have already done the princess BBB. Very practical on a cruise too! So cute!!

Just catching up...I've gotten sidetracked lately.

What a line for the Princess meet?? Of course, it's not as bad when they do spend so much time with each child! I can never remember how any CM manages to remember anyones name. We've had it happen a couple of times and all I can think is "how do you do that?". Heck sometimes I can't manage to call each DD by the right name! I always wonder if there is some special meeting in the morning for the CM's where they go through pictures of guests and get quized on names! :rotfl: I know that's the only way I'd be able to remember!

That BBB make-over is too cute!! Oh my goodness! My girls would love that and I think the mermaid is even better since it's a little more casual and suited to the occasion than being dressed up in a big dress. Besides...who doesn't want to walk around with a mermaid tail???

Christine

Sorry Roni...just have to throw this in there for Ruthie:

That dog is TOO CUTE!!! And a bonus that his/her favorite dog is Pluto. What a sweetie!

Christine

Spent most of the day reading this report from the beginning! Usually I just skim trip reports but really enjoying yours :) Willow is so adorable and your interactions are so fun to read about!! Looking forward to the rest! :goodvibes

Very cute!!

The suit was adorable. I am sure Willow got quite a kick out of watching the colors change, too.

I can't believe it's taken me so long to find this TR. It's great! Willow is adorable and seems like such a fun kid. You're doing great with sewing! I'm trying to learn, and it's so much more involved than I expected. We're hoping for a similar vacation next year, a week at WDW followed by a 7-day cruise. The cruise seems like a perfect way to relax after the craziness of WDW!

I'll definitely be sticking around!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter