Heat, Humidity, and Our Favorite Disney Dog Was a Thug! LINK TO NEW PTR!!

nice sparkle shoes, willow! mama's teaching you right! my girls would flip for those!

your dinner looks yummy, once again! i'd like to try letting the server choose for me sometime. I can never make up my mind anyway. it'd be nice to just let someone else decide and enjoy whatever showed up.

that's so sad that willow was too tired to enjoy her party. doesn't it break your heart when they're so excited for something and then just can't enjoy it? poor thing. she obviously got some much needed rest instead!

Looks like a nice meal at Palo. I was glad to read your review -- while the Palo menu looks fab, it seems like something we could find easily at home, while Remy seems a lot more unique....so long story short, I'm glad we booked Remy for our cruise in May!

Awww, that's too bad that Willow was tired...a sure sign of a fun day though!!

Yum! That beef tenderloin looks yummy!

Boo to the loud mouth! Those type of people have to know that they are that loud. I always wonder why they think anyone wants to know that much about them? :confused3

Poor little Willow...too tired to party with Pluto? You know she must have been tired! I'll admit, I was looking forward to hearing about the pajama party!

Christine

The meal looked delicious!! Now you have me really wanting a beautiful filet for dinner. But on my hamburger budget these day, that is not to be! :lmao:

So sad that Willow gave up on her PJ party. But good for her for knowing her party limitations and going to sleep when she needed it.

:scared: to the woman at Palo that decided to " share" all her " business "

The meal looked terrific Loved the description of the first desert " :confused3 Umm something " you are a riot ALWAYS make me laugh

Cute toes there lady Would you believe I have NEVER had a professional pedicure..don't get me wrong I'm not exactly walking around on untrimmed hooves but I will definitely be saving up to go to one of the Senses spas at WDW Sounds lovely

Willow so cute " too tired " for a pajama party ....kids :rotfl:

I'm back! :banana:

Ok to quickly catch up...the kids club look cool now that I've got to see more of it.

I can totally relate to having to have a decently clean room on vacation. I can't for the life of me apply that same stance to my home (hello 2 yr old doesn't make for a squeaky clean house), but for whatever reason everything pretty much has a place while on vacation, tmainly bc I'm always afraid of leaving something behind.

The meet with Pluto was cute, even though it was HOT! Chip n Dale in their dapper tuxes are so cute and a dressy Minnie is awesome too. The unexpected Cinderella meet was just precious! Goofy and Mickey were great, but that purple and yellow dress on Minnie was amazing!

The veranda from your room looks so peaceful! Willow at Animator's Palette was too adorable...that's definitely one of the meals that I would look forward to on a cruise. The room is so amazing and Miranda adores Nemo, so I know it would probably be a hit with our family.

Willow and her porthole pics are cute! And her donut obsession is so much like my Miranda, it's just too funny. The whole idea of going ashore on a cruise is what has put me off from going on a cruise. I know it's totally optional to leave the ship, however it was like why am I being told that "from 11a-430p is all the time I have to explore someplace that I've never been?" I know that excursions can be costly and most times you do not want to wander to far from port in case you can't get back to ship on time, but it just really has been the thing (other than cost) to not make me want to cruise. However, DCL makes it still fun to be on the ship and it feels like you don't really have to miss out if you decide not to go ashore.

The pools look like fun and I'm telling you, if I get a chance to go on Aquaduck and I'm so going to do that! Your pedicure sounded heavenly, I only go to one particular nail place here at home because they do an amazing job and take their time.

Sorry to hear your Palo time wasn't all the you may have hoped...the food still looked pretty amazing! It's odd how kids can be totally psyched to do something and then the opposite happens, like with Willow and the PJ Party. In fact, I took Miranda to a bouncy place today to play and at first she was totally into the jumping, then she found it more fun to play in the corner with all the toys than jump on all the inflatables :confused3.

nice sparkle shoes, willow! mama's teaching you right! my girls would flip for those!
And those shoes came directly from the BBB at MK, of course! pixiedust: :laughing:

your dinner looks yummy, once again! i'd like to try letting the server choose for me sometime. I can never make up my mind anyway. it'd be nice to just let someone else decide and enjoy whatever showed up.
Oh, I love being able to do that on the DCL ships - it is so fun and freeing and kind of forces me to try new things. It's a great time!

that's so sad that willow was too tired to enjoy her party. doesn't it break your heart when they're so excited for something and then just can't enjoy it? poor thing. she obviously got some much needed rest instead!
Yeah, I felt VERY guilty when I picked her up. I never would have guessed that she wasn't partying it up with Pluto. :(

Looks like a nice meal at Palo. I was glad to read your review -- while the Palo menu looks fab, it seems like something we could find easily at home, while Remy seems a lot more unique....so long story short, I'm glad we booked Remy for our cruise in May!
Oh, good for you!!! Palo was very special on the Wonder, but for me, if Remy is an option, I'm choosing that. :confused3

Awww, that's too bad that Willow was tired...a sure sign of a fun day though!!
I felt so bad when I picked her up! She didn't hold a grudge though. ;) :laughing:

Yum! That beef tenderloin looks yummy!
The Palo beef tenderloin really is very good. ::yes::

Boo to the loud mouth! Those type of people have to know that they are that loud. I always wonder why they think anyone wants to know that much about them? :confused3
It was really something! I mean, I don't care what you're talking about, there is no reason to broadcast it to the whole room! :laughing:

Poor little Willow...too tired to party with Pluto? You know she must have been tired! I'll admit, I was looking forward to hearing about the pajama party!
I felt so bad! Lucky for you, Willow did the Pajama Party on the Wonder - she loved it! I think he does some songs and dances and different things with the kids. Her reports was 100% positive. ::yes::

The meal looked delicious!! Now you have me really wanting a beautiful filet for dinner. But on my hamburger budget these day, that is not to be! :lmao:
Yeesh - me too! I would be so thrilled to have that meal right now. Instead, I'm sitting here debating with myself whether it's worth the effort to go scrounge something in the kitchen for dinner. At least I fed Willow a nice home cooked meal! :laughing:

So sad that Willow gave up on her PJ party. But good for her for knowing her party limitations and going to sleep when she needed it.
Oh, I felt SOO bad when I got there. Poor little thing. :(

Aahhhhhhhhhh, Palo! Yum, yum!!! :lmao:

Do I need to say more? ;)
You need not! That is one delicious entree!!!

:scared: to the woman at Palo that decided to " share" all her " business "
Right??? I hope I am never that unaware of myself or that uncaring about others' experiences. :scared:

The meal looked terrific Loved the description of the first desert " :confused3 Umm something " you are a riot ALWAYS make me laugh
:laughing: Seriously - I have NO idea what it was! :confused3

Cute toes there lady Would you believe I have NEVER had a professional pedicure..don't get me wrong I'm not exactly walking around on untrimmed hooves but I will definitely be saving up to go to one of the Senses spas at WDW Sounds lovely
I am very cheap with stuff like that, so it is a rare treat for me. That probably made it all the more special though. ;) And that pedicure lasted longer than any pedicure I have ever had. It was great!

Willow so cute " too tired " for a pajama party ....kids :rotfl:
I felt very guilty when I arrived. She didn't seem too mad at me though. ;)

I'm back! :banana:
Hey there! :woohoo:

Ok to quickly catch up...the kids club look cool now that I've got to see more of it.
The clubs are amazing! They are so popular with the kids. ::yes::

I can totally relate to having to have a decently clean room on vacation. I can't for the life of me apply that same stance to my home (hello 2 yr old doesn't make for a squeaky clean house), but for whatever reason everything pretty much has a place while on vacation, tmainly bc I'm always afraid of leaving something behind.
I think it's the cramped quarters - if you let it get away from you, you are in trouble! :laughing:

The meet with Pluto was cute, even though it was HOT! Chip n Dale in their dapper tuxes are so cute and a dressy Minnie is awesome too. The unexpected Cinderella meet was just precious! Goofy and Mickey were great, but that purple and yellow dress on Minnie was amazing!
Our character experiences on DCL have been fantastic! pixiedust:

The veranda from your room looks so peaceful! Willow at Animator's Palette was too adorable...that's definitely one of the meals that I would look forward to on a cruise. The room is so amazing and Miranda adores Nemo, so I know it would probably be a hit with our family.
The verandah is my favorite spot on the ship. :lovestruc And AP is a very fun place to dine - I know we had a great time that night. :thumbsup2

Willow and her porthole pics are cute! And her donut obsession is so much like my Miranda, it's just too funny. The whole idea of going ashore on a cruise is what has put me off from going on a cruise. I know it's totally optional to leave the ship, however it was like why am I being told that "from 11a-430p is all the time I have to explore someplace that I've never been?" I know that excursions can be costly and most times you do not want to wander to far from port in case you can't get back to ship on time, but it just really has been the thing (other than cost) to not make me want to cruise. However, DCL makes it still fun to be on the ship and it feels like you don't really have to miss out if you decide not to go ashore.
Excursions can be great - we had a lot of fun with a couple of them on the Alaska cruise - but they can be pricey. We really had no complaints spending the entire cruise on the ship and Castaway Cay, of course. I wouldn't necessary do that every time (e.g., Alaska and Europe - I want to see those ports), but it was perfect for us on this trip after a week of heat, humidity and crowds at WDW.

The pools look like fun and I'm telling you, if I get a chance to go on Aquaduck and I'm so going to do that! Your pedicure sounded heavenly, I only go to one particular nail place here at home because they do an amazing job and take their time.
The AquaDuck is a blast! I hope you get to try it out one day. I am too cheap to do pedicures regularly here (when I lived in SF, they were much more affordable), so it was a true treat, and the gal I had did a fantastic job. :thumbsup2

Sorry to hear your Palo time wasn't all the you may have hoped...the food still looked pretty amazing! It's odd how kids can be totally psyched to do something and then the opposite happens, like with Willow and the PJ Party. In fact, I took Miranda to a bouncy place today to play and at first she was totally into the jumping, then she found it more fun to play in the corner with all the toys than jump on all the inflatables :confused3.
Palo was very nice, and the food was great. But once I had dined at Remy, nothing could compare.

Kids will always keep us guessing, right??? :laughing:

Thought you and Willow would get a kick out of this...Fantasia is the same type of dog as Pluto and she LOVES him too sleeps on him every night

More Food and More Princesses​

Tuesday, August 20, 2013
Sunrise: 6:33AM
Sunset: 7:14PM
Port: Costa Maya, Mexico
Evening Attire: Cruise Casual
All Ashore: 1:00PM
All Aboard: 5:30PM
Tuesday: Overcast, High of 82
Wednesday: Partly Cloudy, High of 84

Today, we headed to a new breakfast destination - the buffet at Enchanted Garden, which is all the way down on Deck 2. I think we chose this because we hadn’t been in that restaurant yet, having been assigned to it the night before when we skipped the main dining room (for Palo and the club). I think Willow was ready to hit the stairs down to breakfast!

Yet another attempt at the porthole photo. :rolleyes:

Here was the view:

To get to Enchanted Garden, we walked down the stairs to Deck 3 and then over to the atrium - right outside Royal Court is this stair case, which leads down to Enchanted Garden.

This restaurant is beautiful and features a handful of these adorable booths.

As soon as Willow got a gander at those, she announced that she wanted to sit at one. I explained that there were very few of them, so we would need to be happy with whatever table we got. Of course, the CM at the front of the restaurant had heard her excitement about the booths and made that happen for her!

The buffet here is very small and quite limited in options. There were very few things that I could eat, but that was okay - as you know by now, I don’t really care that much about breakfast. Willow enjoyed herself and really liked that booth. :thumbsup2

While we were eating, we checked the Navigator and saw that they were having the Princess Gathering at 10:00. We didn’t think there was any way that we would be done in time, so we didn’t worry about it. We knew there would be another one. ;) However, we were out of there at 9:45 and got in line for the big princess extravaganza! Look at this line! :scared1:

It didn’t matter - look how happy she was to be meeting her princess friends again!

Before long, Aladdin came out, and he sort of started making his way through the line meeting with all the guests waiting for the princesses to arrive - I thought this was a great touch!

And then the princesses made their grand entrance! (I have to admit - the way they do this really does build a lot of excitement.)

Up Next: More Food and More Princesses (cont.)

Oh I love the Princess pictures :goodvibes especiallly the last one Now about the port hole picture you say you are trying to get...I've loved them all so far

More Food and More Princesses (cont.)​

When the princesses first come down, they go to their spots, but because the guests haven’t started moving through yet, the princesses towards the end don’t have anyone to meet. So they come up to the ropes and chat with the guests for a bit. Well, Snow White just marched straight over to Willow, knelt down and started chatting with her. She even remembered Willow’s name from that first day! Now THAT was impressive!!!!

As we slowly made our way through the line, Aladdin finally got to us.

We were finally getting close after about 45 minutes in line. :scared1: And then Willow had to use the bathroom!!! :scared: I asked the nice woman in line behind us if she would mind saving our spot, and she was happy to do so. Willow took forever in the bathroom - I was starting to panic that we wouldn’t get back until after the family behind us had made it through. When we got back to the line, that family was the next up to meet the princesses. The woman was so nice - she seemed as relieved as I was that we had made it back in time and ceded her spot to us. I quickly realized, however, that the young lady who was with them (but from a separate family) was already up meeting Cinderella, so I told her to please go in front of us.

Anyway, Willow was finally meeting Cinderella at 10:38 - so we spent almost an hour in that line! However, we managed to meet six princesses at once, and each of them spent a decent amount of time with each family. It was well worth it, especially if you actually have a child who is content to meet each princess just once - you can get them all done right here at this princess gathering. :thumbsup2 Of course, I know nothing about this kind of child….. :laughing:

It looks like our Snow White pictures didn’t make it onto the CD. :(

Up Next: A Make-Over at Sea

Thought you and Willow would get a kick out of this...Fantasia is the same type of dog as Pluto and she LOVES him too sleeps on him every night

Oh, Ruthie! These pics are adorable!!! Willow sleeps on the same Pluto pillow every night. I have GOT to remember to show her these pics tomorrow. She will be crazy for them!!

Oh I love the Princess pictures :goodvibes especiallly the last one Now about the port hole picture you say you are trying to get...I've loved them all so far
Don't miss the really good princess pics in the continuation of this post!

Oh, thank you! I was so frustrated with those porthole pics - other people get such gorgeous ones, and I have no idea what I'm doing with a camera, so, well, there ya go! :laughing:

It's so funny to see how different a cruise can be for different people, even if they are on the same cruise. :lmao:

I am so happy Willow got her booth at EG. They are neat and I don't know why, but we often end up in one and I am always getting tangled in the table cloth. :rotfl2:

I have seen the princesses coming out and it is impressive to see them arrive, but it never really sunk in that you can actually see them all "in one go" so to speak. And how neat that Miss Snow remembered Miss Willow's name! Sometimes these CMs amaze me at HOW they remember people. When we got on the DREAM this February one of the head servers looked at us, smiled and came up with our first names and said "from Germany?" - well, not quite, but he was close enough for me! ;)

That beef tenderloin looks awesome! One of my friends who I went to Italy with can't have gluten, but a lot of places had really good gluten-free pasta! Unfortunately, her experience with gluten-free bread there was the same as your experience with a lot of places...just not good.

That's such a bummer about the pajama party :( at least she got to experience it before!

The princesses twirling their dresses are absolutely adorable!!

I just discovered this TR (it's fantastic, BTW) and wanted to say that your gluten issue at Yachtsman was likely cause by the Roquefort cheese. Stay away from all bleu cheese varieties. Sorry if someone else already mentioned this, but it immediately stood out to me while reading your review.

I don't blame willow for wanting to sit in the booths. Those are so pretty!

That princess m&g looks so fun and fancy! Don't you just love how they always have to go to the bathroom at the most convenient time? :rotfl2: glad you made it back before your turn! And look at Aladdin, all decked out!!

I love all the porthole pics you've taken! The water looks so pretty--i love the ocean so much!

How wonderful that Snow White remembered Willow's name she must have been so thrilled :)

The way the Princesses arrived looked great and although the wait sounded long at least you got to see all of them in one go :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter