Heat, Humidity, and Our Favorite Disney Dog Was a Thug! LINK TO NEW PTR!!

Hmmmm....womens size 16-18 or whatever the size is ( large ? )

just sayin :rolleyes1 Great Job wonder woman !

Goofy turned out AWESOME! the hat is perfection! I love it!
Thank you!!! :goodvibes

CUTE shirts!!! Going to check out etsy now :goodvibes
Thanks! It was a fun few days of sewing! :woohoo:

I don't do a lot of sleeping….. :rotfl2:

OK, because you are making me feel like a complete slacker! :rotfl: Whatever your eating to give you all that energy, let me know. I need high doses!

The baby onsie and the cupcakes are too cute! Now I may need to add planning coordinating outfits for my next trip...hmm.

Christine
:laughing: I really don't have a lot of energy - I'm tired ALL THE TIME! :laughing:

And thank you! Now see, I could never get it together enough to plan outfits! :laughing:

Hmmmm....womens size 16-18 or whatever the size is ( large ? )

just sayin :rolleyes1 Great Job wonder woman !
:laughing: I actually JUST drew out the pieces for Willow's pluto cupcake shirt right before I came on here. I'll post a pic for you as soon as I get it made. Hopefully tomorrow. :thumbsup2

Great update! :)
Thanks! :goodvibes

Oh wow your shirts are absolutely adorable :)
Thank you!! I had such a good time making them. :woohoo:

Some Spa Time​

Monday, August 19, 2013
Sunrise: 6:07AM
Sunset: 6:50PM
Port: Grand Cayman
Evening Attire: Cruise Casual
All Ashore: 10:45AM
Last Tender: 4:30PM
Monday: Partly Sunny, High of 82
Tuesday: Party Cloudy, High of 84

Based on the reservation I had made in advance on-line, this little card had been waiting for me in our stateroom when we arrived.

Yep - I was going to enjoy the spa onboard for the first time! I love a good pedicure, and it had been a long time since I had been willing to spend the money on such a luxury. So I was pretty excited!

Willow was apparently pretty excited to head to the club as well. Here, she is enjoying some of that snack credit candy from Goofy’s!

I dropped Miss Willow off at the club. I loved that they had these electronic boards where you could see what activities were coming up.

The ship was pretty empty, I guess, given that people were enjoying the port.

I headed up to Deck 11. Here’s Grand Cayman:

And this is a bit of the adult pool area. You go through here to get to the spa (which is also adults-only).

Soon I was here:

The waiting area was nice.

More of Grand Cayman:

I’m guessing this is a tender? :confused3 I never took one, so I can’t say for sure!

The fire and ice pedicure was wonderful - 50 minutes of pure indulgence and peace. I loved it. It was very hard to leave the spa, but I knew I would go broke if I stayed, so I did manage to pull myself away. When I hit the pool deck, it was clear that folks had returned from shore - music was blaring, people were everywhere, etc. It was really disorienting after the quiet and calm of the spa. :scared:

On my way to the stateroom, I took some pictures of one of the pieces of art to try to show how animated it was.

Back at the stateroom, I decided to take a few moments to just relax by myself since Willow was not texting from the club. My toes were happy!

I went and picked up Miss Willow at about 4:00. The Navigator showed that quite a few characters were going to be out soon, so I let her choose between that and just chilling out with a movie. She chose the latter. I think we were both pretty tired today, especially after getting up earlier than we should have. Miss Willow enjoyed a snack and a movie.

I, of course, went to my favorite spot on the ship once again where I enjoyed the view, a glass of wine, and a good book. :cloud9:

Up Next: Some Palo Time

ahhhhh, spa time! :lovestruc who doesn't love time at the spa?

as excited as Hannah is about going to the kids club, is as excited as I am about spending some time at that adult pool with some kind of fruity drink! :rotfl:

awesome polish color--so pretty!

You applique shirts look great! I love the bright happy colors of the goofy one! They just scream summer!

Ahhh some time at the spa! Looks peaceful and relaxing! And I love the artwork so neat!

Oh man, you are creative too! Those tees are adorable. There's so much you can do with endless possibilities. You create/design your own appliques? Adorable for sure.

I have to say that although I love Grand Cayman, I think I love the snorkeling and all the off-shore activities like the rays much better than the actual island. Plus the lines to get on/off the ship are never fun so a day enjoying all the amenities without the crowds sounds great.

Like others noted, looks like Willow is saying a little prayer of thanks over that delicious donut! ;) I'm a big breakfast fan so I love all the choices and options on the ship. My biggest decision is room service breakfast followed by breakfast in the dining room or the buffet! Seriously, I usually do a lite room service breakfast and then a full breakfast. Maybe that's why all the extra pounds come home with me. ;)

Ahhh spa time... lovely toes.

aaaaah, love the pool....and the spa.....:goodvibes

OMG! those cupcake tees are awesome! I cannot sew, :confused3 so I just use fabric markers and paint most times.... I am in awe of all the cuteness you come up with!

Ahhhhhh, some peace and quiet time! And your toes looked cute, too! ;) What a great way to spend the day.

Loved your photos from your balcony.

You are quite talented with sewing all that stuff. Wishing I had some ability there. With DD dancing and needing stuff added to costumes, it would come in quite handy. :) But I am lucky to be able to sew on a button. :laughing:

Sorry I have been missing for a while.

Your updates are great - love all the shirts you made! You are one very clever lady! :thumbsup2

Can you believe that we have never made it to the spa on any of the ships? But your visit looks very nice and relaxing. Guess, I need to put that on my bucket list. :goodvibes

Oh my gosh, that water is so blue and beautiful!

So glad you guys had fun on the AquaDuck. It looks like so much fun!

The spa sounds amazing, and I love the color you picked for your toes!

Oh wow! The trip to the spa looked like it was well worth it! I'm trying to talk my husband and daughter Olivia to go on a dcl! We are thinking of going next year. Can't wait to read more!

I've been reading along and finally caught up! Willow is absolutely adorable and seems like she is having a blast. How nice to spend the day relaxing on the ship and some time at the spa. Looking forward to more:)

ahhhhh, spa time! :lovestruc who doesn't love time at the spa?
Right? Wish I was there now.......

as excited as Hannah is about going to the kids club, is as excited as I am about spending some time at that adult pool with some kind of fruity drink! :rotfl:
Seriously! You must do that! I have not actually made it to the adult pool area other than to walk through on either of our cruises, but one day I will!

awesome polish color--so pretty!
Thanks - they did a great job. That was the longest-lasting pedicure I have ever had. ::yes::

You applique shirts look great! I love the bright happy colors of the goofy one! They just scream summer!
Thanks! I'm having a lot of fun with them, as is Willow. ;)

Ahhh some time at the spa! Looks peaceful and relaxing! And I love the artwork so neat!
Isn't the artwork cool? I was always stopping to check out the different frames on the ship. :laughing:

Oh man, you are creative too! Those tees are adorable. There's so much you can do with endless possibilities. You create/design your own appliques? Adorable for sure.
They are really a lot of fun to make! Yes, I do create them myself - it's so much fun!!!

I have to say that although I love Grand Cayman, I think I love the snorkeling and all the off-shore activities like the rays much better than the actual island. Plus the lines to get on/off the ship are never fun so a day enjoying all the amenities without the crowds sounds great.
We really enjoyed being on the ship while most of the passengers were ashore. We never once felt sad that we weren't getting off the ship. We didn't even think about it! :laughing:

Like others noted, looks like Willow is saying a little prayer of thanks over that delicious donut! ;) I'm a big breakfast fan so I love all the choices and options on the ship. My biggest decision is room service breakfast followed by breakfast in the dining room or the buffet! Seriously, I usually do a lite room service breakfast and then a full breakfast. Maybe that's why all the extra pounds come home with me. ;)
:laughing: You truly ARE a breakfast gal! Once again, Miss Willow and you would get along very well. :laughing:

Ahhh spa time... lovely toes.
It was sooooo pleasant!

aaaaah, love the pool....and the spa.....:goodvibes
Awww - wish I was there now......

OMG! those cupcake tees are awesome! I cannot sew, :confused3 so I just use fabric markers and paint most times.... I am in awe of all the cuteness you come up with!
Thank you! I am having a lot of fun making them. :woohoo:

Ahhhhhh, some peace and quiet time! And your toes looked cute, too! ;) What a great way to spend the day.
It was heavenly!

Loved your photos from your balcony.
Thanks - that is definitely my favorite spot on the ship. :cloud9:

You are quite talented with sewing all that stuff. Wishing I had some ability there. With DD dancing and needing stuff added to costumes, it would come in quite handy. :) But I am lucky to be able to sew on a button. :laughing:
:laughing: Well, a year ago, I would have typed the same thing..... ;)

Nothing better than an afternoon at the Spa!
So true!!! :cloud9:

Sorry I have been missing for a while.
No worries, Karin! I'm just glad you're here. :goodvibes

Your updates are great - love all the shirts you made! You are one very clever lady! :thumbsup2
Oh, thank you! I sure have been having fun with them!

Can you believe that we have never made it to the spa on any of the ships? But your visit looks very nice and relaxing. Guess, I need to put that on my bucket list. :goodvibes
Oh, there are so many things to do - I think one could easily sail 100 times and still not do everything. That said, that was a lovely pedicure and lasted longer than any I have ever had before. :thumbsup2

Oh my gosh, that water is so blue and beautiful!
Isn't it? I was constantly marveling at the water. :laughing:

So glad you guys had fun on the AquaDuck. It looks like so much fun!
It is definitely a ton of fun! Very unique experience.

The spa sounds amazing, and I love the color you picked for your toes!
Thanks! It was a great pedicure. :woohoo:

Oh wow! The trip to the spa looked like it was well worth it! I'm trying to talk my husband and daughter Olivia to go on a dcl! We are thinking of going next year. Can't wait to read more!
Oh, you should go!!! It is just so fun. I think we will be going again in 2015 if all works out as tentatively planned. pixiedust:

I've been reading along and finally caught up! Willow is absolutely adorable and seems like she is having a blast. How nice to spend the day relaxing on the ship and some time at the spa. Looking forward to more:)
Welcome! I'm so glad you decided to join in!!! :goodvibes

Some Palo Time​

Monday, August 19, 2013
Sunrise: 6:07AM
Sunset: 6:50PM
Port: Grand Cayman
Evening Attire: Cruise Casual
All Ashore: 10:45AM
Last Tender: 4:30PM
Monday: Partly Sunny, High of 82
Tuesday: Party Cloudy, High of 84

Willow went off to the club at about 7:00. She was really excited because they were having Pluto’s Pajama Party tonight - she had done this on the Wonder and loved it. So we brought her PJs as well.

For some reason that I can no longer remember, I then had to go back to the stateroom for a different pair of shoes for her. :confused3

Earlier today, I had received this:

So I went back to the stateroom and got dressed up for dinner at Palo! I made my way up to Meridian at about 7:30.

I ordered a glass of the Moet & Chandon Ice and read my book while I waited.

Soon, I was taken to a lovely booth in Palo.

I let the waiter choose my courses based on my taste preferences. I always enjoy doing this at Palo (we ate there several times on the Wonder, which does not have Remy).

I LOVE the antipasto at Palo.

I enjoyed this arugula salad.

My server chose the Beef Tenderloin Palo for my main course. Honestly, this is very good - I have had it at Palo before. :thumbsup2

The chef also created a special gluten-free pasta dish for me with portobello, cherry tomatoes, and prosciutto. It was yummy!

My server insisted on bringing me TWO desserts! :scared1: The first was, um, something….. I really wish I had taken notes on this meal because I didn’t really use a menu.

The other dessert was my favorite anyway. It featured a panna cotta, which I’m not a huge fan of. And then the best strawberry basil sorbet - I loved that part!!!

Finally, I was presented with the Limoncello. Mmmmmmm

Dinner at Palo was very nice, but after having dined at Remy, it did not have the wow factor that it did on the Wonder where there is no Remy. Don’t get me wrong - it was definitely a very nice meal, however. I was a little affected by the ambiance in here, which was no fault of DCL. There was a table not too far from me featuring The Loudest Woman in the World. Let’s just say that I know all about her breast-feeding days and how much her children currently eat. :rolleyes: It really took away from the quiet, special feel of this place.

I did receive a text from the kids club right at the end of my meal saying that Willow wanted to be picked up. This was very strange, because the much-anticipated Pajama Party had only just started. The hostess called down to the club to let them know that I would be down soon as I was just finishing up my dinner.

When I arrived at the club, the Pajama Party was in full swing, and Willow wasn’t even there - I finally found her way over in the lab not even in her PJs. She said she was just too tired. :( That made me feel pretty sad. But you just never know with kids - earlier in the day, she had been ALL about that Pajama Party. :confused3

We headed back to the stateroom, and it was lights-out for Willow before 10:30.

Up Next: More Food and More Princesses

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter