Hear me out on this...

The single most offensive t-shirt I've ever seen in WDW was on a young (maybe 16?) girl.

"I get my crabs at Dirty D_cks." Yeah, I know it's a restaurant, but it's still disgusting.

The coolest shirt I've seen at Gay Days? G-d Save the Queen! I LOVED it!

I thought Gay Days was pretty mild this year. We didn't get to go for much time at all, but did get to enjoy a bit of the atmosphere.

Had a group of young men join us on a bench outside of Norway. We discussed errrmmmm... well, lets just say it was a lively discussion! LOL. Cute boys too! :D LOL.

Fun. That's what it is, pure and simple. And yes, the old adage, "the politics are the personal" is absolutely true. We must be political every day of our lives. All disenfranchised people must. We'll never have freedom and equality if we aren't.

Every single time I have been to wdw I have seen at least one t-shirt (usually on a whole family) that is aggressively gay-bashing. On one occasion a family's shirts actually said to kill gay people--and I saw that family several times in multiple parks. Nobody does anything about those t-shirts.

Shirts like that warrant a report to Disney security. Any shirts advocating violence are against Disney's dress code, I believe. They'll be asked to turn them inside out, put on a different (non-offensive) shirt, or to leave the park.

Has our original poster (of this thread) ever come back to post of his experience? Did anyone meet with them while they were at Disney? I don't want to be suspicious but I find that I am.

Actually we made it back and with our 5 yr old son's upcoming surgery this Wednesday, we haven't been in the posting mood:( .

I (InfernoGirl) was dissapointed that I didn't see more red shirts. I think that I only noticed 2 gay couples and sure that there were more unnoticable. But our focus wasn't on scoping out you all, it was on the kids:)

I was very surprised about the attendance at the parks. We hardly had any waiting in the lines, at all the parks. Overall, we had a good time and relaxed.

I see this thread has been hacked several times, oh well, it otherwise wouldn't have been interesting.

As for Mr InfernoGirl, I will let him post his thoughts.

Thanks for posting again. I hope your son's surgery goes well..I know how harrowing that can be. Please post again and let us know how the family is doing. :hug:

Well after all the mess that happened to us - we are finally home and I have a chance (yep - back at work) to check and read up! I found about 10 pages on this thread alone....wow!!

Do you get surges too??? They stink don't they?????

Oh my - they just are the worst - why do they happen at the height of the heat - when the humidity is overbearing???? I have had them for 12 years....UGH...my body has betrayed me....

Unfortunately, my family saw quite a few gay couples making out near the Peter Pan ride at MK. Not only that, obscene tattoos and t-shirts that read "Spitters are Quitters" were somewhat prevalent amongst the gay attendees.

We planned our vacation during this time well aware of GayDays and thought nothing of it. Our experience at the other parks were normal. Magic Kingdom was an exception. It seems that a good number of gay attendees were more interested in making a political statement rather than enjoying the MK.

Case in point.

Dozens and dozens of t-shirts read (paraphrased):

Parking - $12
Ticket at Magic Kingdom - $63
Scaring straight people standing in line to get into Magic Kingdom - Priceless.

I doubt I could have worn attire making a similar statement concerning gays... nor would I have desired too.

We didn't make it that far into the park - we decided to hang on Main Street...just enjoying the fun. I will post pictures soon - the sea of red was AMAZING!!! I am sorry that you had such a bad experience. With all the prior visits to WDW I am sure you must have seen someone some time doing something innappropiate. My hunny and I see a lot of clothing that just should not be worn by the folks who are trying to fit into it...among those are the occosional t-shirt that has offensive text. I just try to look the other way. I don't want MY good time ruined by someone elses' poor taste in clothing or actions.

Actually we made it back and with our 5 yr old son's upcoming surgery this Wednesday, we haven't been in the posting mood:( .

I (InfernoGirl) was dissapointed that I didn't see more red shirts. I think that I only noticed 2 gay couples and sure that there were more unnoticable. But our focus wasn't on scoping out you all, it was on the kids:)

I was very surprised about the attendance at the parks. We hardly had any waiting in the lines, at all the parks. Overall, we had a good time and relaxed.

I see this thread has been hacked several times, oh well, it otherwise wouldn't have been interesting.

As for Mr InfernoGirl, I will let him post his thoughts.

I guess you weren't on Main st for the parade...the whole street was red. It was so much fun!!! I hope the surgery and the outcome are what you desire. Good luck to you and yours!

Now -as to what happened to us....oh my. We had the last flight from MCO to EWR (Liberty in Newark) on Monday the 16th. Around 430pm (while at dinner no less) hunny got the feeling we should check on the flight (she is like that...gets these feelings that are usually right). Well, the flight was delayed. So we starting checking on availability at the resorts (I had 12 points in holding - so this was no worry for us). We found there were rooms - then Jet Blue called - flight cancelled. SO we got a room, and tried to rebook our flights. Hunny HAD to be home for the morning for a very important event so we tried and tried to get her back to NJ by 11am. Not happening. I got on the 1050am flight - but she couldn't get on it. I was due at work at 3pm that day (early call in due to an illness).

UGH...so, I gave hunny my seat on the 1050 flight at told work I was going to be in at my regular 7pm. I got on the 230pm flight. Off to SSR for the night - but our luggage was already GONE!!!! We had used the resort checkin - no checked luggage. Carryon only - so we had to make due with what we had.

Off to MK for the evening. I figured a little more R&R was in order after all the phone calls we made. We had been up since very early that morning and closing MK was not really the plan - but that is what happened. Got back to SSR (Mike - you were OFF!!!) and went to bed. Up at unearthly hours to get hunny to MCO - she had the worst flight on record. I went back to EPCOT for a last lanyard surf then I headed to MCO. Hunny called me to tell me to get ready for a white knuckle flight....

I got all checked in and waiting for my flight. The pilot comes onto the speaker at 2pm to tell us we are not loading - we are delayed!!! OH NO!! Now not only have I not shown up at 3pm for work - but now am going to be LATE for 7pm??? Will I make it?????

I landed at 7:05pm. Ran through EWR - hunny waiting for me....got to work at 7:45pm...take shower at work (eeewwwww). jump into clean uniform (thanks to hunny's sister who washed it for me!) then into the medicmobile for 12 hours of fun and games. I was SO beat when I got home at 830am....the cats refused to talk to me. Cleaning woman says I am nuts - I head to bed to sleep for 8 hours of well deserved rest.

So, that was my week.....how was yours?

We were at MK, along with a few other folks from DIS and we didn't encounter any offensive behavior. We left after participating in the parade (thanks again CanadianGuy for starting the clapping with me), so maybe the offensive stuff happened later? We walked around the whole park and although we left the kids with Grandma so we could have more fun (translate:party at PI) we commented more than a few times how much our 5 yr old daughter would have LOVED to be there with us at MK. We might bring her along next year if we can find someone willing to hang out at the room with her while we go to PI.

My mother taught me a valuable lesson a long time ago: If you go looking for disappointment, you will find it. If you go looking for trouble, you will find it. If you go with the intention to have a great time no matter what, you'll have a great time. We did.

My mother taught me a valuable lesson a long time ago: If you go looking for disappointment, you will find it. If you go looking for trouble, you will find it. If you go with the intention to have a great time no matter what, you'll have a great time. We did.

Mom's wicked smaat *new england accent*::yes::

Oh prayers on the way for the little guy. I am glad to hear that you had a great vacation. :goodvibes

I'm glad to hear that you had a good trip.

You and your DS will be in my thoughts and prayers; let us know how it goes.

I just have to chime in here and let you know what I experienced on my trip June 15-25. My husband and daughter and I were at 1900 Park Fare one night for dinner. There was a couple with a teen daughter next to us. It was the daughters birthday, she looked maybe 13 or 14. Well all of a sudden, I heard yelling at the front of the restaurant by the buffet and see the guy from the table next to us yelling at someone, something about "I dont want my daughter seeing that! Its abuse!" So of course, my ears perk uppopcorn:: and I start to listen. He acts like he's gonna hit someone and a man from another table comes over to separate them. I thhink I'm gonna see fists start flying. The man comes to sit back down and a manager comes over and the man starts yelling that he is going to sue Disney for mental anguish and he wont ever be back and he will tell all his friends never to come back, etc.:confused3 The teenage daughter is crying and hiding her face, she is so humiliated because her dad is making such a huge scene in the restaurant. The whole restaurant gets quiet and is listening. So the family gets up and leaves, the man fuming, the daughter still crying because she is embarassed and dad has made a total jerk of himself and ruined her birthday. I start talking to some other people and they saw the whole thing. The reason he got so upset is because there were 2 lesbians at a table and they kissed when the girl walked by and she saw them. She then went back to the table and apparently said something to her dad who flipped his lid and went and made a scene in the place. The dad actually made more of a spectacle of himself than the 2 girls did.

I felt so bad for that little girl. It was her birthday and her *** of a dad messed it up for her. I went in the restroom after dinner and one of the girls from the table was in there crying because that man yelled at her.

How's the lil guy doing, Mr.& Mrs. InfernoGirl? I somehow missed the original post about his surgery and am sending tardy (But sincere) pixie dust/ good vibes your way.

SnowWhite607, how sad. How terrible if the birthday girl sees an expression of love--afterall it's much better that she witness her father acting like a horse's patootie.

I'm not a fan of watching other people exchange tongues out in public, however I don't care who is doing it. It's wonderful to see a peck on the lips between any couple. :love:

Not sure if anyone is still subscribed to this post but just in case...

Well 6 months later and one kidney less, he is doing outstanding! No problems during or after surgery. Thanks to everyone for their prayers.

Toodles, Mrs. InfernoGirl ;)

Well 6 months later and one kidney less, he is doing outstanding! No problems during or after surgery. Thanks to everyone for their prayers.

Yep. Still here.

Great news about the surgery and recovery!:woohoo:

Thanks for the update!:thumbsup2

Thanks for coming back to let us know he's doing well. I'm glad to hear that everything went so well.

Thank you for taking the time to come by and give us an update. I hope you and your husband are doing well, too.

All the best to the little guy and your entire family. Take care now!!

Thanks for letting us know and I'm glad he's doing well. My Dad had a tumor and since he already had decreased kidney function they did a partial nephrectomy but they said that removing a whole kidney is almost no big deal now (an exageration, I'm sure!).

Awesome news! I hope that he continues to improve.

You may see hand-holding, hugging, and the occasional same-sex kiss. What you won't see is the men in chaps with no pants under, men in thongs, and women in transparent togas grinding to pulsing music. That's Fantasy Fest in the Keys

Really? Bummer...:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter