Hear me out on this...

InfernoGirl

Earning My Ears
We scheduled out family trip from the 7th to 12th of June this year and didnt know anything about this event. Even though we are open minded we dont care for the more flamboyent(spelling) outing that you see on tv. Yes we seen it first hand while living in Germany and we are basing it off of that as well.

We now have kids and dont feel like explaing to our 5 yr old what this is. That time will come so my question is, is this a really open event with alot of craziness or is it a more conservative event?

I really dont want to have to reschedule our vacation but at the same time dont really want to deal with this.

I truly hope this isnt taken the wrong way, just want a heads up.

The events are as follows.

Thursday June 5th Disney's Animal Kingdom

Friday June 6th Disney's Hollywood Studios

Saturday June 7th Magic Kingdom

Sunday June 8th EPCOT

Plan your trip around these days and you should be able to avoid the crowds.

No, it's not a big ole party! Just gay folks enjoying the parks, many of them with children of their own!

Good luck planning your trip.

Explaining what? A bunch of people wearing red shirts enjoying the parks? It's not like you are going to see a bunch of people making out and groping eachother...

OK guys, lets give this poster the benefit of the doubt.

I believe the poster is from overseas and may not know much about Gay Days at Disney.

Yeah, this is Disney. Some people see video and photos of the gay parties from around the world and expect Gaydays to be the same. It's not a party as much as it is a social gathering of like-minded people :)

You may see hand-holding, hugging, and the occasional same-sex kiss. What you won't see is the men in chaps with no pants under, men in thongs, and women in transparent togas grinding to pulsing music. That's Fantasy Fest in the Keys :)

Ok, we are not from overseas, just live where you dont hear or see alot of differnet lifestyles. Plus we dont go out looking for it, whatever "it" is! That might not be the right word or phase.

Thanks for the heads up. I brought up Germany because thats is where we first saw, a HUGE love fest. Heck we dont dont care to see anyone loving all over each other; straight, gay doesnt really matter, keep it in the bedroom is what we say. Cool if you hold hands and such, but there is enough of it on tv nowdays we just dont want to see it in public.

BTW if you turn on the news and there happened to be a "gay" parade, what do you think they show and make people base there judgement on? Its sad but that is all some people have.

Thanks for putting the reply "nicely". Even though I might not agree with certain stuff, I dont go out of my way to bash those who do. So I didnt appreciate that reply. Thats the great thing about being American, we can agree to disagree. No problem with that as long as it stays civil. I believe that is enough said...

Sorry, I asked in the first place

Ok,
Cool if you hold hands and such, but there is enough of it on tv nowdays we just dont want to see it in public.

Thanks for putting the reply "nicely". Even though I might not agree with certain stuff, I dont go out of my way to bash those who do. So I didnt appreciate that reply.

Sorry, I asked in the first place

Really??? Enough of "it" on tv???

What reply was as nasty as how you asked the question? Seriously let me go onto the family board and ask..... Will i run into a lot of children? I really don't mind if people have them just leave them at home they are sticky and loud and cry all the time!

And #3 so are we.

Gee.. I am wondering if you might be joshing us a bit with your comments?

Some people do get uncomfortable with public displays of affection, straight or gay, I just would not judge anyone on what I see on TV... JMO

Back when I lived in a larger city I attended many gay pride parades.

What got on the news?

Mom's and Dad's pushing kids in strollers?

People helping people with AIDS?

NO!

It's always the drag queens and guys in leather. So don't always believe what you see on TV. Go on with your trip, just avoid the parks of the day to avoid the crowds. I'm sure you will see many gay people just like you. Hard working Americans, families, who just want to enjoy Walt Disney World!

PS thanks for having the courage to at least come over here to ask your questions.

What reply was as nasty as how you asked the question? Seriously let me go onto the family board and ask..... Will i run into a lot of children? I really don't mind if people have them just leave them at home they are sticky and loud and cry all the time!

:lmao: I say this all the time. I wish there were adult only days. But I digress.

OP, you came into this arena to ask a question. It was answered, and you opted to add fuel. Yes, we all get along, and yes being an American is nice, and keeping things CIVIL is nice, but you came here to the LGBT board, with a homophobic position. Seriously, how did you expect US, the gay and lesbian community to react?

As a previous poster said, it's just a bunch of people wearing red. It is a social gathering, not an orgy or as you called it, a love fest.

I'm not sure which characters on TV you think we are. But that is a very unfair judgement.

Perhaps if the OP is that uncomfortable the family would be better off staying at home where changing the channel is always an option.

Mike, thanks. ;)

Sorry to all those who I offended, didnt mean to.

Just standing my ground. Yes I was the one that stepped into here.

Perhaps it more of a misunderstanding on my part and I am will to accept that. Maybe one day I will understand or maybe not, just more open minded and understanding of others.

This could go on and on but, let me say sorry for any fuel I added fire to.

Mike, thanks. ;)

Sorry to all those who I offended, didnt mean to.

Just standing my ground. Yes I was the one that stepped into here.

Perhaps it more of a misunderstanding on my part and I am will to accept that. Maybe one day I will understand or maybe not, just more open minded and understanding of others.

This could go on and on but, let me say sorry for any fuel I added fire to.

Inferno Girl, I would imagine that if you continue to take the brave chance you did by posting here in the first place a bit more often, that open-mindeness would just follow as a matter of course. Exposure to the REAL people that populate this board will help you to change any preconceived notions that you admit are set in your mind by television and one exposure to a Love-in. You will meet people with children. People in dedicated and long-term relationships (closing in on 2 decades together here, as a matter of fact). People who have the same interests, the same worries, the same bills, the same concerns, the same good times, the same family frustrations and happiness. I applaud your daring move. I encourage you to continue to take the step you took here.

InfernoGirl,

First of all, on behalf of everyone, apology accepted, it's OK!

You may want to look around at some of the posts over here....

Like Billy'sOtherDad said, we're not much different than you.

We get up, go to work, pay our bills, some of us are raising kids, most of us are in long term committed relationships (14 years here) and yes, once a year we like to pack up and head to Disney to meet all of our friends!
:thumbsup2

And you know what? Many of us have friends and family who are just like you. Uneducated about our community and who we are. It's OK, just stop by to say hi a little more. Get to know us, we are a fun bunch!

And if people tend to get a bit snarky from time to time, it's just because for every person with a valid question or concern, there are 5 more who just come over to bash us :sad2:

And if people tend to get a bit snarky from time to time, it's just because for every person with a valid question or concern, there are 5 more who just come over to bash us :sad2:

And May, with Gay Days right around the corner.......:scared1:

So many misconceptions every year!

I totally understand the question the original poster has....

When I was in Europe there was a gay event. Lets just say it wasn't "family friendly". These ppl had their butts cut ot of their jeans, naked going down the street. Huge signs, etc etc. It was umm.... way out there. I can show you all pics sometime if you are interested and I get my scanner going. I was completely amused and amazed. Now, being the question was based on Germany, I can see her concern. I m not sure that the events we saw was something I would want to expose my children too.

That said, I have never seen such things in the US. We are talking completely family friendly group that is out to have a great time! As others have mentioned many have kids of their own. Its not the naked displays often seen in European Countries....

I hope noone takes offense to the question. Had I only been around gays during my Europe trip.... I may be concerned too! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter