• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Have you seen Monsters University?!

my boyfriend took me to see it last night. i thought it was adorable and super funny. at our theater all the shows were sold out

I just got back from MU - I enjoyed it and give it a solid B+. It's not top-tier best-picture-worthy Pixar (insert Up, Wall-E, TS3, whatever your favorite here), but I liked it better than I expected to. I think it helped that I managed to avoid a lot of spoilers - Act III was a complete surprise and really made the movie for me (starting with the "gasp!" moment when you realize what really just happened - then why. Sorry for being obscure, trying not to spoil.). Loved Helen Mirren, and I was surprised and happy to hear Pete Sohn's voice (Pixar animator who was Emile in Ratatouille). Enjoyed Randy Newman's score and the callbacks to his original Monsters Inc music.

I'll be honest, I was not a fan of Blue Umbrella. I felt like Paperman did a similar story with miles more charm, and I'm not a fan of "ooh, look, gritty photo-realism!"

The "Frozen" trailer played like a great old Pixar short, though, and I think it got bigger laughs than MU. We got the "Planes" trailer and while I don't anticipate paying to see it, they certainly did amp up the production values on this. (Have we all noticed, too, it's being released as Disney and not Pixar?) Not Disney, but we also got the Despicable Me 2 trailer - I already knew I was going to see this, but it looks like fun.

My boys loved it! They hadn't seen Monster's Inc in ages so I'm surprised they caught up with the characters so well (they're 6 and 7 1/2).

Great movie, greater message... that an education, while great, is not for everyone and that dreams can be reached with honest to good hard work. The friendship aspect of this film is beautiful, too. What a model film message!

I really liked it, thought there was a good amount of humor. I love Baby Mike!

This is the first Pixar movie that did not make me cry.

I saw it the other day and I absolutely LOVED it! I don't usually like sequels better but I'm almost thinking I like this one more than the first one(I'll have to watch it again to know for sure ;) )

I'm hopefully going to see this at some point, it looks awesome! (And will be my first ever movie actually seen in the cinema!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter