Have you seen Monsters University?!

TBGOES2DISNEY

DIS Veteran
:sulley:Okay, did a search and couldn't find anything... and not sure where to post this... so give me directions if there is already a thread...

Went to see MU with my family tonight, and we were the only ones in the theater! We had our own private viewing!

Anyway, wasn't sure how much I would like the whole university idea, but we all loved it and laughed A LOT! pixiedust:

:cool1::cool1: Good to hear! We are going in the morning (half the price) and can't wait!

Dont open here till Tomorrow, but DD dance recital is this weekend so we wont get to see it till Next weekend

Very glad to hear that is was great!

My twin daughters' birthday is Tuesday and dinner and this movie were their birthday present requests......so very glad to hear it will be worthy of such a day!

Glad you enjoyed it! It doesn't open here until tomorrow either.

Like you I anticipate large crowds so I've already purchased our tickets for a Monday evening show when we first have time to go see it. My 4yo is excited to see it but she doesn't know I already have tickets.

We LOVED it! We laughed a lot and loved seeing a lot of the references to Monsters, Inc. Also, the animation quality is superb. We were very impressed!

We're excited for this one!!
We've got a busy weekend ahead but I think we'll try to squeeze it in Saturday night and go to the drive-in:goodvibes

My girls and I are very excited for this one. Usually we wait until movies come to the Army post but may have to try to find a matinee at a regular theater as a treat for this one.

We're excited for this one!!
We've got a busy weekend ahead but I think we'll try to squeeze it in Saturday night and go to the drive-in:goodvibes

Nice!! We went last night and watched Epic and the Internship. Going next week to watch MU!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Just got home from the first show in our metro area. I was concerned about the Greek life aspect of if, but I was happy with how it was portrayed 99% of the movie. There was one scene where the greek life advisor in me freaked out, but overall quite pleased.

We are going tomorrow night as a family. Super excited even if it will cost me a fortune.:rotfl2:

I was afraid that I was going to have to miss this one since my dd had never even seen Monsters Inc. and had no desire to do so. Well the Disney marketing dept. got to her and she can't wait to go! :cheer2: The Disney fairies must be spreading pixie dust my way because the library had a showing of Monsters Inc. yesterday and (double bonus!!) there is a sensory friendly showing next weekend!:sulley: (dd has Aspergers)

Glad to hear it was good :)

i'm so excited to hear everyone loved it! i am waiting for my boyfriend to return from his dudes road trip (lol, men) and then we will be going to see it!!! only 17 more days LOL

Just got back from a midnight viewing and loved the film! As a former member of Greek life, I loved the movies portrayal. The subtle hints to monsters inc were also very cute. Disney did a great job with another sequel or I guess you would call it prequel!

Was John Ratzenberger, no spoiler

Just a yes or no
Maybe pre- banishment ?
I'm curious, he's in all of them

We're going to "Man of Steel" tomorrow and "Monsters U" next weekend. My son wants to see "Lone Ranger" when it comes out and we'll probably spring for "Despicable Me 2." Maybe "Planes" in August, but waiting on word of mouth. If it's not better than "Cars 2", we might just wait for home video release. That should keep us until November when "Frozen" (the Snow Queen), "Thor 2", and "Hunger Games 2" are released and "Hobbit 2" in December.

Was John Ratzenberger, no spoiler

Just a yes or no
Maybe pre- banishment ?
I'm curious, he's in all of them

Yes is the answer to your question! :) :happytv:

My husband and I saw it last night and we might be in the minority, but we did not think it was as good as we hoped it would be. We are probably harsh critics though because we LOVE the original and have been waiting years for a sequel or prequel... Don't get me wrong - it was good, just not nearly as good as the original in my opinion (which most prequels and sequels never are). We feel like if this one had come out first then we probably would have liked it much more. With the new film, you just don't have the same connection with the characters or see the emotional ties like they had with Boo.

We saw the premier last night and we all laughed a lot and really enjoyed it! I'm not sure I could compare it and Monsters Inc - they are different, but both are terrific in their own way. :) My 7-yr-old says it's the BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter