hashimotos' s and thyroid my dd age 7

Hernia issues wouldn't be connected to thyroid. BUT the bowel issues FOR SURE are. That is how we figured out our son had thyroid disease, his GI was trying to sort out his bowel issues. Hypothyroidism slows everything down - at one point he hadn't gone to the bathroom for SIXTEEN days and his body was going toxic. Being on a stable level TOTALLY sorted that out. For mental health things - you may find that once she is stable with her meds those all go away BUT if they don't please don't stop looking for answers. That is what lead us to the pdd-nos diagnosis. Our son was stable for too long for mental health issues to have anything to do with his thyroid. I asked his endo and she told us to keep searching for an answer to solve what was causing them because once a person is stable with their meds there is no symptoms. If you are having symptoms you aren't stable yet or they aren't from your thyroid.

For mental health things - you may find that once she is stable with her meds those all go away BUT if they don't please don't stop looking for answers. That is what lead us to the pdd-nos diagnosis. Our son was stable for too long for mental health issues to have anything to do with his thyroid.

I think this is really important to mention and can't be stressed enough!

Also, I have been told by a physician (years ago though) that autoimmune diseases usually don't show up alone. He said something of them feeling lonely and bringing friends over ;)
My aunt has Crohn's disease and Hashimoto's, my former roommate has diabetis (type 1, diagnosed at 25) and Hashimoto's, my grandma had Hashimoto's and something that showed signs similar to ankylosing spondylitis (but likely was neither that - as she didn't show symptoms until she was in her 60s - nor rheumatism). Wondering what I will end up with eventually.

I will just finally be relieved when her levels are in the safe zone. Like I said she is up and down. Our house is crazy...I have myself going through women's issues my 10 year old think going through puberty and then my poor DD going through this. My poor dh lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter