• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has the DIS UNPLUGGED podcast gone sour?

And as hard as I try, there really isn’t a podcast/blogger/whatever out there that speaks to my situation either. I know there are a lot of options but it’s rare to find one that incorporates the family aspect without having the first timer slant. I’d love a spin off with more parents to join Julie and talk about the parks from that viewpoint. But I just listen to a mix and make it work. Such a hard life, I know ;)

I wish Tess and Kathy had their own show. We know that they have full time jobs. Perhaps their show could be once a month.

What happened to Happy Teresa, always optimistic Kathy and Disney obsessed JLK? I’ve been listening since the beginning and am now starting to lose interest in the sour-puss new additions to the show.

I still love to hear Pete rant about bad coffee and dirty bathrooms, John’s wit, Kevin’s passion for nastalgia and his complete disinterest in Star Wars is hilarious.

I don’t think I need to mention the names of who spend a lot of whining about their expectations not being fulfilled and judging announced projects with disdain before even seeing them. It’s getting tough to take.

I listen to the DIS because it used to offer a glimpse into the Magic while I’m a thousand miles away looking forward to my next trip. The complaints about the company, the movies that you didn’t like, the looming strike and the bad food at this place or that place are not the podcast that I’ve enjoyed so much for many years.

Fair reviews and filthy bathroom rants are one thing but some of it is just whining. Good for Julie for calling out Craig and Ryno for being downers. She was right. Remember the Magic!

Sorry, not sorry.

If anything, I think just the opposite. The show was designed to be edgy. It was not designed to be a happy news conversation show. Giving honest opinion, "as long as it's honest", what ever it is, good or bad is what the show was designed to be, with the exception that it's primarily a sales and marketing tool for Dreams Unlimited Travel, but that's another story. Ripping each other's opinion, as long as it's "honest" ripping, is part of the entertainment. I'm sure there are other podcast out there that you could find that are better suited to your liking.

Last edited:
People become averse to change when they get comfortable. There are many team memebers I miss.........but I try to remember the show is about Disney and that gets me through. I like that Pete looks to shake things up from time to time...........keeps it fresh in my mind. I still love the show! However, I too miss when the ladies aren't on.

Doug :goofy:

Love the podcast and like everyone we get in a lull....imagine talking about Disney weekly I’m sure you’d be cynical too.

I LOVE the podcast shows. :love:I watch/listen every week. I think the show changes quite often and I love hearing the different opinions/ideas of other Disney loving folks. I have a work at home job and I honestly look forward to each and every show.

I love the show too and this is how I feel.

Okay, so I'm going to say how I feel even though it goes very much against the grain for me to say it. I feel like anybody who's seen me post before recognises that I am in no way a troll and in no way wishing to upset or antagonize anybody.

I still love the show, I still appreciate the cast of the show for bringing Disney into my home on a weekly (if not daily) basis. But I do feel like it's lost something and I can understand where the OP is coming from in his post. I still watch, I will still continue to watch but I watch once or twice a month now as opposed to trying to hop onto the live stream each week. I never watched Unplugged because it was over the top 'yay! Disney' that's never what it's been, yet in the past there was always the feeling that even when being critical the cast still actually loved the product. That doesn't always feel as true now. We have less appearances by people like Kathy and Jackie in exchange for a panel that often (not always!) have the same/similar opinion. I understand that both of these individuals have careers other then appearing on Unplugged but more appearances by either of these would be amazing.

Again, not trying to hate and I hope nobody takes it that way.

Much love.

We have less appearances by people like Kathy and Jackie in exchange for a panel that often (not always!) have the same/similar opinion. I understand that both of these individuals have careers other then appearing on Unplugged but more appearances by either of these would be amazing.
I think the main issue with Jackie is that she lives 3 hours away so having her on the show isn't such an easy task. Kathy, of course, works as a Dreams agent which I'm sure keeps her busy.

Okay, I read through the first page of comments, and I was going to try and read through the rest to make a comment, but I'm caving.

First of all, just because someone is reminiscing on things that made them fall in love with the podcast crew doesn't mean they're not a fan. We're all adults here, I think we have enough common sense to quit listening to a show if it bothers us that much. I don't think that's what the OP was trying to imply. They were simply pointing out a blatant difference in attitude over the years...they're not attacking anyone. There's no need to booty kiss.

Second, I LOVE THE PODCAST. I love the positive, the negative, the in between. But, when the show you're watching becomes all complaints, it does jade your magic a little bit. They need to remember why they started doing the podcast in the first place--their love for all things Disney. A lot of us listen to them because we don't have the pleasure to visit as much as they do. It's discouraging when you hear about how badly the food sucks and CM's being crappy. It may be real, and I commend them for always being honest and upfront with their opinions, but perhaps dashing in a few positive comments here and there would help alleviate the plethora of negative ones. There's no possible way they'd spend that much money on AP if the place sucked that bad. That's all I'm saying.

Now, with that being said, that doesn't mean I don't APPRECIATE honesty. Just because Disney World is one of the biggest and most popular theme parks doesn't mean they can do no wrong. I like that Pete and his crew aren't afraid to call out BS when they see it. For a multi-billion dollar company to have rides that are run down and speakers not working and food sucking, there's really no excuse other than penny pinching and laziness. Some people might be afraid to speak up, but they're not. I'm also a "call-it-like-I-see-it" type of person, so the reason I fell in love with the show was the blunt honesty. I am someone who enjoys that, but others may not.

Let's stop bashing people for having an opinion. OP was just speaking their mind, and if we all want the same respect, we have to give it. Unless someone is commenting on inappropriate things like physical attributes, finances, so on so forth, let the person speak their mind. I definitely agree to an extent. Sometimes it does get a little annoying to hear bad bad bad bad bad. For that entire team to spend as much time and as much effort as they do, there's no way it's all bad. On the flip side, maybe the excess of negative comments could be seen as Disney cutting corners and not doing the job they once did. It can really go both ways.

Anyways, lets be respectuful. Rock and roll, guys.

***puts flame proof suit on***

I find the shows are getting sour.

Everyone seems to be so negative. Toy story land is coming and while it may not appeal to them, why bash and moan when it's an addition that gives more rides which wasn't there before.

The best and worst shows are just a snore fest, and what on earth was that stupid 'sucks, doesn't suck' thing last week.

I really like Sean on the shows because at least he enjoys a lot of what Disney have to offer and I find informative.

I feel most of them are now just bashing wherever they can but rave about how good Disneyland is, why don't they go and do the Disneyland show instead?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter