Has the DIS UNPLUGGED podcast gone sour?

I do personally have an interest in live streaming, walking around and ride videos because I don't get to WDW often.

I do watch and have no desire to just listen.

All that being said I get my fix elsewhere.

So I get the other poster's point and I get your point and decide that one can have both in this World (pun intended) but not necessarily from one source.
Exactly. No one show can cover everything that everybody wants to see and hear. The great thing is that there are so many options out there. For example, I do sometimes watch stuff from Attractions magazine because they cover a lot of stuff in the Orlando area beyond Disney and Universal, so I look to them for info on other attractions and things to do in the area. The DIS really doesn't cover that stuff at all since The Trip ended.

The DIS feels so authentic they actually give honest criticism if you like it or not.

Mrcheezypop on YouTube seems like a straight up Disney advertisement and I don’t watch shows for propaganda. Keep it real if this isn’t up to expectations let us know we’re paying good money for this.
Have to admit, @CampbellzSoup - I also stopped watching that particular vlogger a LONG time ago, fo just the reason you mentioned. I mean - he was fun to watch, but in the time I dedicate to watching vloggers, I want/need MORE than "just fun" personally.

I do personally have an interest in live streaming, walking around and ride videos because I don't get to WDW often. I don't know what the parks look like other than google earth views and examining park maps after 6 years has passed. The vlog stuff holds a lot of appeal to me personally and that's only a recent last few years desire for me.

I do watch and have no desire to just listen. I really enjoy seeing them but that's probably because I'm an auditory and visual learner so I enjoy seeing their faces, I enjoy seeing the powerpoint slides they have up or to show shirts they are wearing, etc. But that is me personally.

All that being said I get my fix elsewhere. I watch Tim Tracker, I watch This Orlando Life, I watch every now and then random other vloggers and I watch the DIS and most of their videos (WDW Unplugged, Universal Unplugged, Dining reviews, majority of Best and Worst, random videos, really enjoyed 7 in 7 to see resorts I wouldn't otherwise see, etc).

So I get the other poster's point and I get your point and decide that one can have both in this World (pun intended) but not necessarily from one source. Would I love more on ride videos from the DIS team? Absolutely (just watched a few days ago archive footage of Ryno and Craig riding Barnstormer OMG I couldn't stop laughing) but I appreciate what they do now and am totally fine going elsewhere in addition to the DIS to get my whole fix.
@Mackenzie Click-Mickelson - Very well said, and exactly how I feel - I watch different creators/providers to fulfill different needs for me. And I don't watch all content from some creators if it doesn't interest me. But I do LOVE there is so much choice - for me - it's just like Disney World. or a wonderful buffet - different strokes - and not even for different folks - sometimes even I want to see something different!

I do personally have an interest in live streaming, walking around and ride videos because I don't get to WDW often. I don't know what the parks look like other than google earth views and examining park maps after 6 years has passed. The vlog stuff holds a lot of appeal to me personally and that's only a recent last few years desire for me.

I do watch and have no desire to just listen. I really enjoy seeing them but that's probably because I'm an auditory and visual learner so I enjoy seeing their faces, I enjoy seeing the powerpoint slides they have up or to show shirts they are wearing, etc. But that is me personally.

All that being said I get my fix elsewhere. I watch Tim Tracker, I watch This Orlando Life, I watch every now and then random other vloggers and I watch the DIS and most of their videos (WDW Unplugged, Universal Unplugged, Dining reviews, majority of Best and Worst, random videos, really enjoyed 7 in 7 to see resorts I wouldn't otherwise see, etc).

So I get the other poster's point and I get your point and decide that one can have both in this World (pun intended) but not necessarily from one source. Would I love more on ride videos from the DIS team? Absolutely (just watched a few days ago archive footage of Ryno and Craig riding Barnstormer OMG I couldn't stop laughing) but I appreciate what they do now and am totally fine going elsewhere in addition to the DIS to get my whole fix.
Agree for the most part. I very much am someone who watches everything I can. I watch more stuff on YouTube than I do TV these days.

I love the quality of the DIS content more than pretty much anyone. Their videos do take a bit longer to come out though and that’s probably due to that quality aspect.

I also like live streaming but most of the time again the quality isn’t there. There are trade offs with every Disney/theme park related channel/site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter