Has Anyone Ever Seen A Celebrity In Wdw

When I was a CM in monorails (around '90), I saw Dana Carvey (from Sat. Night Live - the Church Lady days!) & also Geddy Lee from Rush. Oh, Joe Namath rode in my front cab one night, too. (Can you tell who I was more impressed by?!)

Cool. I was there in February 1990, waiting in line for POC, when my then-BF told me that Geddy Lee was standing in line a few people behind us. I turned around and sure enough, there he was. There really is no mistaking him! :rotfl: My BF was wearing a Hold Your Fire t-shirt too. Geddy was there with a woman and small child though, so we didn't say anything to him. A few days later, the Presto tour opened in Florida. I'm glad you posted this so that I know that we weren't crazy, we really did see him.:goodvibes

Earlier this month I saw Gwen Stefani In the Emporium on Main St. holding her little one on her shoulders, too cute!

You two are so lucky!!!! I'd love to meet David but I'm afraid i would be going AHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and forget my name!!!

We were at the mvmcp dec 4 it was midnight and we were on our way out and i had to make one last stop at the candy store on main street and walked right in to David Cook from American Idol he was so nice he even want to take picture with kids

David Cook, this year in EPCOT.
I was at our hotel and my DD spotted him and stalked him a bit. When I caught up with her, he was having something to eat in Mexico. We waited and I got up my nerve and called his name. He was so sweet and nice! I told him what a huge fan I was and he told me that he loved my shirt (Cancer Sucks).

How nice of Howie Mandel! :thumbsup2 Now I think that I like him even a little more! ;)

I always got the impression he was a pretty down to earth nice guy. Wouldn't mind meeting him. Another celebrity noted for being very down to earth and very good to his fans is Johnny Depp. From what I head on the news recently when he was here in Chicago he spent quite a lot of time signing autographs and taking pictures. Now that that is one celebrity I really wouldn't mind meeting!! :laughing::lovestruc

Back in 1997 or 1998 my mother sat next to what she described as "a tall attractive woman" on the Tower of Terror. They had a nice conversation during the ride, screamed on the drops, and went their separate ways" Mom said that when she got off the ride and was walking along next to this woman, people were asking for pictures and autographs, which she did pleasantly enough. My mother asked one of the autograph seekers "Who was that?" and they said "What? Check the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue. That's Tyra Banks!"

We saw David Bromstadt filming on Main Street on 10-16-09. (HGTV's Color Splash---First winner of Design Star). He seemed really nice--he kept messing up his lines when they were filming and he would just laugh. He looked like he was having fun!

PA164563.jpg

I saw Miley Cyrus at WDW. It was the 5th time I'd seen her in 3 or 4 weeks! I would swear she was following us! We just happened to be staying where The Last Song was filming, so I'll have to post a pic of the beach set, I was there when they built and were filming!:goodvibes

I'm not sure if this counts but when I went to WDW this past May, I saw the African Children's Choir (they performed with Josh Groban, then performed a solo number, on the first American Idol's Idol Gives Back,) at AK.

saw Andrew Zimmern from bizzare foods on the travel channel in the Magic Kingdom Halloween night with his family. Also we heard Bono (U2) was in downtown Disney Halloween night also!

On our very first family trip the Disney World, we were in line for It's a Small world, about to board our boat. I was about 6 or 7. I remember my mom hitting my dad so hard he almost fell into the water. She started pointing like crazy to the boat in front of us!! We all looked over and it was HULK HOGAN and his family!! We were in the boat right behind them! We didn't bother them or anything, my parents said that it was their vacation as well! Then the funniest thing happened... when we got off the ride, my sister who was 5 at the time suddenly was missing when. My parents started freaking out. My dad ran off into the crowd while my mom stayed with me and my other two sisters. Finally about 2 minutes later my dad comes back with my sister by the arm. My mom asks her "What were you thinking!?" And she says.."I wanted to touch the Hulk!":rotfl: We were all pretty big wrestling fans when we were younger, so it was def. something else!!

I swear that i saw Dave Gahan (Depeche Mode) at BWI. I could have died! I love that band. I wish I would have said something. :scared1:

Back in 1997 or 1998 my mother sat next to what she described as "a tall attractive woman" on the Tower of Terror. They had a nice conversation during the ride, screamed on the drops, and went their separate ways" Mom said that when she got off the ride and was walking along next to this woman, people were asking for pictures and autographs, which she did pleasantly enough. My mother asked one of the autograph seekers "Who was that?" and they said "What? Check the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue. That's Tyra Banks!"

That's funny! did she buy the photo?

The history/trivia buffs may like this post. . .

In 1993 I went to a taping at MGM Studios of a syndicated show called "The Countdown at the Neon Armidillo" featuring an up and coming County Star - Toby Keith :) (I think it's safe to say he was on his way up!). Ironically the set looked nothing like the actual inside of the Neon Armidillo on Pleasure Island.

Around the time I also saw Meg Ryan and Demi Moore at Splash Mountain. They were there with their husbands at the time Dennis Quaid and Bruce Willis working on a deal with Disney to open Planet Hollywood.

But my favorite celebrity sighting was listening to James Earl Jones narrate the Candlelight Processional. Back then the Processional was still in the MK and it was incredible hearing James Earl Jones retell the Christmas Story. It's one of my favorite Disney memories!

My husband swears he saw Tracy from the Biggest Loser at MK last week.
Not a big celebrity, but thought I would see if anyone else saw her?!

Just saw the Cake Boss and his family at MK on 11/2/09. He got on Pooh right behind us - came through the fast pass line then got off of the Barnstormer as we were getting on. We saw him a bunch of times that day. Seemed like a very nice person, talked some and very friendly.

Melinda

Actually got to meet Stacey from WDW Top 7 resort infomercial this past January when she was filming updates in Epcot. And the January before that met Samantha Brown when she filmed her Disney Favorites episode in DHS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter