HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe the announcment got delayed because they made some last minute decision to change up the art to include some/more diamonds to keep with the 60th theme (assuming of course that it's still going to be in DL and not DCA)

Erin replied to a comment about Halloween saying "I'll have that information for you soon" hopefully soon means this week!!!

Once again, someone on MiceChat is claiming they have information -- and so far, no one is questioning it. The person started a new thread talking about July & August refurbs, and also in the title he says that Halloween Time is kicking off on September 11th. In his first post, he claims that Haunted Mansion will be closed from August 24 - September 10. And then he says it's safe to assume Halloween Time is beginning on September 11th (so he really doesn't know that, but is assuming).

That may all very well be true -- and maybe those dates will stick -- but who is this person and how would he know? Does he work at DLR? (I don't know because I don't follow MiceChat regularly -- only once in a while.) Seeing that the info on the calendar wasn't even filled in for 8/22 and 8/23 just yet, how does he have the info on closures for late August? Is the information on the Disneyland hotline or something?

What's the temperature at night typically in October? I see the average in late October is from 60-80. I'm looking at princess costumes and wondering if I'm going to have a heat stroke. I run hot so 70 even is pushing it for a big costumed dress.

If it's a hot October -- and that can happen -- it really could be as warm as 80 something at night! I remember a heat wave in October where it was in the 100s for a few days, and the evening was barely a relief at all. On the other hand, if it's a nice, reasonable 70-something day, then it could be 60 at night. I run hot as well, so I would probably overheat in a costume. October is generally not even jacket weather for me -- unless it happens to rain. I still wear t-shirts at night. I don't start to break out the sweaters, coats and jackets until November or December. But everyone is different, and some people get cold much more easily.

Last edited:

We were there last year in October when it nudged 100 a couple of days (still have the screen grab on my phone, but shows 38 in my language). It does cool off when the sun goes down, and was really only scorching when in the sun. Being such a dry heat I don't find it overwhelming.

We were there last year in October when it nudged 100 a couple of days (still have the screen grab on my phone, but shows 38 in my language). It does cool off when the sun goes down, and was really only scorching when in the sun. Being such a dry heat I don't find it overwhelming.

We were there too and I had a baby in a front pack the whole time!

We were there too and I had a baby in a front pack the whole time!

Actually I lie, we were there in September when it was blisteringly hot

Last edited by a moderator:

I think the dates are starting to converge from multiple sources that the probability of a 9/11 start is going up. So much so, I'm trying to see if I can plan backup dates around it now. The closure on the official calendar, all the rumors, and now the dapper days info suggesting the party starts the 25th - following the pattern of 2 weeks after halloween time start.

It is weird. I don't know how the DLR system works, but it could be that with each passing year it automatically defaults to a certain date until someone changes it. I see that happen here -- or, rather, on our sister site, wdwinfo.
It could be - however, I did notice that while HM is closed 9/10 and open 9/11, the Space Mountain closure is not listed anywhere in all of September.

When I first saw the closure appear on the calendar, right after barrages of comments all over unrelated posts on the blog, I thought, "what an ingenious way to let all the die hard fans know when Halloween Time is without publicly announcing anything to the masses." But I'm well aware of the volatility of the end of the published calendar, waiting in anguish in the past for parades/fireworks/fantasmic to show up on my dates (on my last trip, the calendar and park hours were shown 6 weeks out, but fireworks/fantasmic didn't get posted until 3 1/2 weeks prior - I was a bit worried as I'd already bought plane tickets).

the DLR website and calendar -- something appears and it's too easy for people to say, "Okay, that's what's happening!" But I am being cautious and even skeptical at this early stage, because I have seen with my own eyes how things change on the calendar even inside of a 6-week timeline.
Point still well taken!

I was just playing around on the DL website and noticed that the F! dinner option goes from being offered every night of the week back to only fri, sat, and sun nights the last week of August. Just a little food for thought about what happens in the Fall with the fireworks and ect. Good news for the Halloween parties/fireworks to be happening.

Copied from undercover tourist:

BY MOMMY FROG ON MAY 27, 2015

We have the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party 2015 dates, including details on when tickets will go on sale. The party will run for 25 dates in 2015, one day fewer than last year, and it's starting later. The full dates for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party 2015 are as follows:

September 15, 18, 20, 22, 25, 27October 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 9, 12, 13, 15, 16, 18, 20, 22, 23, 25, 27, 29, 31November 1

Tickets have gone on sale for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party 2015, with adult tickets ranging from $68-$87 without tax and children's tickets ranging from $63-82. Children are ages 3-9. Children under 3 are free. Because we get so many questions about the best days to attend the party, we have created a separate post for it!

The party officially begins at 7 p.m. inside the Magic Kingdom, although party guests are welcome to enter the park starting at 4 p.m., which we do recommend (see tip no. 4 below). If you have any questions, please see the many comments below and add your own! Do know that FastPass+ is not available during this event.

Expected Entertainment Showtimes during Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party 2015:

Mickey's "Boo-To-You" Halloween Parade - 8:15 p.m. and 10:30 p.m.Celebrate the Magic - 9:15 p.m.HalloWishes - 9:30 p.m.Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular (brand new for 2015) - 7:45 p.m., 8:55 p.m. and 10 p.m.

List of attractions expected to be open during Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party 2015:

Astro OrbiterBig Thunder Mountain RailroadBuzz Lightyear's Space Ranger SpinCasey Jr. Splash 'N' Soak StationCountry Bear JamboreeDumbo the Flying ElephantEnchanted Tales With BelleHaunted Mansion"it's a small world"Mad Tea PartyMickey's PhilharMagicMonster's Inc. Laugh FloorPeter Pan's FlightPirates of the CaribbeanPrince Charming Regal CarrouselPrincess Fairytale HallSeven Dwarfs Mine TrainSpace MountainSplash MountainSwiss Family TreehouseStitch's Great EscapeThe BarnstormerThe Magic Carpets of AladdinThe Many Adventures of Winnie The PoohTomorrowland SpeedwayTomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMoverUnder the Sea~Journey of the Little Mermaid

New for 2015 - "Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular"

I wonder how true and accurate

Copied from undercover tourist:

BY MOMMY FROG ON MAY 27, 2015

We have the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party 2015 dates, including details on when tickets will go on sale. The party will run for 25 dates in 2015, one day fewer than last year, and it's starting later. The full dates for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party 2015 are as follows:

September 15, 18, 20, 22, 25, 27October 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 9, 12, 13, 15, 16, 18, 20, 22, 23, 25, 27, 29, 31November 1

Tickets have gone on sale for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party 2015, with adult tickets ranging from $68-$87 without tax and children's tickets ranging from $63-82. Children are ages 3-9. Children under 3 are free. Because we get so many questions about the best days to attend the party, we have created a separate post for it!

The party officially begins at 7 p.m. inside the Magic Kingdom, although party guests are welcome to enter the park starting at 4 p.m., which we do recommend (see tip no. 4 below). If you have any questions, please see the many comments below and add your own! Do know that FastPass+ is not available during this event.

Expected Entertainment Showtimes during Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party 2015:

Mickey's "Boo-To-You" Halloween Parade - 8:15 p.m. and 10:30 p.m.Celebrate the Magic - 9:15 p.m.HalloWishes - 9:30 p.m.Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular (brand new for 2015) - 7:45 p.m., 8:55 p.m. and 10 p.m.

List of attractions expected to be open during Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party 2015:

Astro OrbiterBig Thunder Mountain RailroadBuzz Lightyear's Space Ranger SpinCasey Jr. Splash 'N' Soak StationCountry Bear JamboreeDumbo the Flying ElephantEnchanted Tales With BelleHaunted Mansion"it's a small world"Mad Tea PartyMickey's PhilharMagicMonster's Inc. Laugh FloorPeter Pan's FlightPirates of the CaribbeanPrince Charming Regal CarrouselPrincess Fairytale HallSeven Dwarfs Mine TrainSpace MountainSplash MountainSwiss Family TreehouseStitch's Great EscapeThe BarnstormerThe Magic Carpets of AladdinThe Many Adventures of Winnie The PoohTomorrowland SpeedwayTomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMoverUnder the Sea~Journey of the Little Mermaid

New for 2015 - "Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular"

I wonder how true and accurate

Nevermind, I'm an idiot. That's for WDW, just can't wait for these dates any longer.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was 103 when we went in October a few years ago. By the end of the night he had all pretty much stripped off most of our costumes because it was so hot. We did has mister fans and hand held fans, but it was still pretty hot.
I would plan on having a nice light costume and adding a jacket if, for some reason, it gets chilly.
What's the temperature at night typically in October? I see the average in late October is from 60-80. I'm looking at princess costumes and wondering if I'm going to have a heat stroke. I run hot so 70 even is pushing it for a big costumed dress.

On the flip side, I've been there on an October MHP night when it was high '50's or so (~12-15°C) and pouring rain.

If California is lucky enough to get the El Nino storms they are hoping (praying?) for this Fall/Winter, it could be a soaking wet Halloween/holiday season. But that's a big "if," though the whole west coast, from Mexico to Alaska is desperate for those storms.

Last edited:
Once again, someone on MiceChat is claiming they have information -- and so far, no one is questioning it. The person started a new thread talking about July & August refurbs, and also in the title he says that Halloween Time is kicking off on September 11th. In his first post, he claims that Haunted Mansion will be closed from August 24 - September 10. And then he says it's safe to assume Halloween Time is beginning on September 11th (so he really doesn't know that, but is assuming).

That may all very well be true -- and maybe those dates will stick -- but who is this person and how would he know? Does he work at DLR? (I don't know because I don't follow MiceChat regularly -- only once in a while.) Seeing that the info on the calendar wasn't even filled in for 8/22 and 8/23 just yet, how does he have the info on closures for late August? Is the information on the Disneyland hotline or something?

I can confirm those closure dates for the Haunted Mansion. They weren't there when I looked yesterday, but now they are.

Nevermind, I'm an idiot. That's for WDW, just can't wait for these dates any longer.

I saw this stuff, got all excited and almost posted it here too! :rotfl: Then later realized it said Magic Kingdom! :sad2: If they have announced the Disney World dates, surely Disneyland can't be far behind. Didn't someone say they didn't post last year's dates until July 30th?

I'm hoping for the party to be in California Adventure this year!! :yay:

I don't start to break out the sweaters, coats and jackets until November or December. But everyone is different, and some people get cold much more easily.

And, to be honest, Angelenos get so acclimated to the weather that 50°F feels as cold to us as 30°F feels to the rest of the country. I used to bundle up and turn on my motorcycle's heated handgrips riding past tourists in shorts in L.A. in January.

Halloween kicks off on Sept 11th, saw it on another sight this morning.........

--Lori

Oh! Missed this! That's great! So it will be going on while I'm there!! I'm so excited! You must be getting excited too Lori! :yay: Anything on the Halloween party?

It really depends on each individual person, to be honest. I was out walking around in the post-5 p.m. sun yesterday, and it felt really harsh. It was 'only' supposed to have been in the 80s at the peak of the heat yesterday, but even after 5 p.m. it felt like the sun was slicing into my skin. At DLR, it can feel or be even hotter. So, I guess my point is that what is overwhelming (or not) for one person will not necessarily be the same for another. I can always relate when someone says they run hot or tend to think that even 70 degrees is hot, because I have the same issue. I've always been extremely heat sensitive, ever since childhood, and the sun has never done me any favors! :lmao: Dry heat, humidity, whatever it is -- if you are someone who runs hot and are heat sensitive, it will bother you. We don't always have dry heat anymore either -- we have been getting quite a bit of humidity lately.

I think the dates are starting to converge from multiple sources that the probability of a 9/11 start is going up. So much so, I'm trying to see if I can plan backup dates around it now. The closure on the official calendar, all the rumors, and now the dapper days info suggesting the party starts the 25th - following the pattern of 2 weeks after halloween time start.

It could be - however, I did notice that while HM is closed 9/10 and open 9/11, the Space Mountain closure is not listed anywhere in all of September.

When I first saw the closure appear on the calendar, right after barrages of comments all over unrelated posts on the blog, I thought, "what an ingenious way to let all the die hard fans know when Halloween Time is without publicly announcing anything to the masses." But I'm well aware of the volatility of the end of the published calendar, waiting in anguish in the past for parades/fireworks/fantasmic to show up on my dates (on my last trip, the calendar and park hours were shown 6 weeks out, but fireworks/fantasmic didn't get posted until 3 1/2 weeks prior - I was a bit worried as I'd already bought plane tickets).

Point still well taken!

That DLR calendar can change from day to day!

Keep in mind, the comments I made were posted yesterday -- I fully realize that this waiting game of the Halloween Time announcements is a day-to-day thing. It may even be an hour-to-hour thing. All I know is that the schedule for 8/22 and 8/23 was not filled in yesterday, and the CM I spoke to didn't see anything about any Haunted Mansion closures on 8/28. She wasn't even certain if the 8/24 closure was correct because she didn't have the info for 8/22 and 8/23.

But, today, it seems like every indication is that Halloween Time is starting on 9/11 (or maybe right after that). I wouldn't expect Space Mountain's closure to show up on the calendar quite yet. We just barely got the HM closure, and that closes first.

I was just playing around on the DL website and noticed that the F! dinner option goes from being offered every night of the week back to only fri, sat, and sun nights the last week of August. Just a little food for thought about what happens in the Fall with the fireworks and ect. Good news for the Halloween parties/fireworks to be happening.

The CM I spoke to yesterday said that they were getting in the dates for Mickey's Halloween Party this week. There was never really any doubt in my mind that the party would happen. The main things I questioned were: 1) The start date of Halloween Time; 2) In which park would MHP take place; 3) Would extra nights be added in to the schedule, and would it start earlier in September than usual; and 4) How would MHP be juggled around or somehow integrated into the new nighttime entertainment, and would the party exclusives stay the same this year. We will have all of those answers very soon! :banana:

It was 103 when we went in October a few years ago. By the end of the night he had all pretty much stripped off most of our costumes because it was so hot. We did has mister fans and hand held fans, but it was still pretty hot.
I would plan on having a nice light costume and adding a jacket if, for some reason, it gets chilly.

I agree -- October is a very sneaky month. It really can go in a few different directions, weather-wise and temperature-wise, but more often than not these years, it is too hot. Last year it didn't even start to feel like fall (meaning... under 80 degrees :lmao:) until Halloween night.

On the flip side, I've been there on an October MHP night when it was high '50's or so (~12-15°C) and pouring rain.

If California is lucky enough to get the El Nino storms they are hoping (praying?) for this Fall/Winter, it could be a soaking wet Halloween/holiday season. But that's a big "if," though the whole west coast, from Mexico to Alaska is desperate for those storms.

El Nino will probably not hit in the Fall. It may not even hit in the first half of winter. Sometimes we don't get pummeled with rain until the beginning of the year in an El Nino year. But I definitely think it's coming -- it's not really as much of a question mark anymore. The scientists are now saying that it is unlikely that the El Nino conditions will dissipate, and, in fact, what they see now is an even bigger El Nino than they expected. The word they used is "massive." From my experience with non-massive El Ninos in the past, I think a massive one is going to be a colossal mess. It is not going to be the lucky break that you think it will be right away -- the rain has to end up in the right places for it to make a difference in the drought. A lot of it will end up as runoff (wasted water). It will also wreak a whole lot of havoc before any good comes from it -- all kinds of structural damage, accidents, mudslides, floods, etc. It's not a pleasant, "Hey, let's go romp around in the rain" kind of thing. It's usually heavy, relentless, pounding rain for weeks at a time, with a short break and not enough time to dry out and fix things, and then back at it again. At Disneyland, it will mean closures for the outdoor rides quite often, I'm sure.

I remember in one El Nino year a long time ago, I was counting the number of consecutive days on the calendar that it was raining -- because it was going on for more than 3 weeks without a break. I wanted to see if we were going to get to the "40 days and 40 nights" biblical-level rain. I think that it let up for a bit before we got to 40 days, and then started up again not long after.

I can confirm those closure dates for the Haunted Mansion. They weren't there when I looked yesterday, but now they are.

Thank you, Tom! I figured you would get the closures soon (I know you always check for that info), but you're right -- yesterday the info was not there. Well, the 8/24 closure date for HM was there, but there was no end date (9/10) at that point -- at least, not that the CMs could see.

Halloween kicks off on Sept 11th, saw it on another sight this morning.........

--Lori

I mentioned here last night that it was posted on MiceChat. But at that point I asked how the person knew. In his post, he said it was "safe to assume" the Halloween Time kickoff, but he didn't name his sources. When asked, he eventually just said "Disney" -- which could have meant 100 different things!

And, to be honest, Angelenos get so acclimated to the weather that 50°F feels as cold to us as 30°F feels to the rest of the country. I used to bundle up and turn on my motorcycle's heated handgrips riding past tourists in shorts in L.A. in January.

You're absolutely right -- it's all relative to where we live, and what we are acclimated to. We can tell someone that we're cold when it's 30 degrees, or hot when it's 90 degrees. And their weather in other states may be colder or hotter than ours is. But we don't live in other states, so it doesn't mean anything in terms of the weather here. Whatever is going on with another state's weather doesn't change whether I am cold or hot.

I see a lot of my fellow L.A residents running for their parkas and winter gear when it drops to 50 or 60 degrees (and I giggle at them). I don't. I'll put on a jacket if it gets down to 40 degrees, but only if my teeth start chattering. I will walk around with bare arms for as long as I can stand it, and only when I start shivering will I reach for warmth. When it drops to 30 degrees, then I am doubling up on sweaters, grabbing coats and mittens and neck scarves!

The only other time I grab for a jacket is if I'm out on the ocean -- especially at night. That wind can really get chilly.

Oh! Missed this! That's great! So it will be going on while I'm there!! I'm so excited! You must be getting excited too Lori! :yay: Anything on the Halloween party?

That's what we're all waiting on! The info is coming in this week.

I'm glad Erin at least acknowledged everyone's cries for info. Well done, dis!

Did you see my post to you yesterday? Halloween Horror Nights at Universal starts on 9/18. The Los Angeles Haunted Hayride theme is The Boogeyman. I also posted the specific dates for Dark Harbor at the Queen Mary.

Last edited:
Any idea whether the Hatbox Ghost would still be visible during the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter