HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Disneyland calendar is filled in to 8/22 now. HM has hours for 8/21 but not 8/22. Other rides have hours on 8/22. I think it's fair to say at this point that's when HM will close to install the overlay.
So this makes the rumored date of Sept 9th for Halloweentime right where it needs to be.

What time of day do these go on sale- Eastern Time or Pacific Time (and I can never remember if we are on daylight savings time, lol).

Well, it looks like I was wrong about them releasing dates today! wah! I bet it'll be this Wendesday, though!! (*she says hopefully* ;) ) I was looking at past release dates, and it looks like Erin Glover posted last year on a Wednesday, so I'm crossing my fingers it'll at the latest be this Wednesday!

I have a quick question for you all - we plan on purchasing Annual Passes for this trip. Do you think that Disney would allow us to purchase our Mickey's Halloween Party tickets with the annual passholders if we purchase the vouchers before the tickets go on sale? We wouldn't be using the annual passes until we go in October. I'll probably have to just call and check with them, but I thought some of you may have some knowledge of this and check with you guys first! :)
In 2014, I purchased my APs and my MHP tickets on the same phone call, with the discounted price for MHP.

In 2014, I purchased my APs and my MHP tickets on the same phone call, with the discounted price for MHP.

Excellent news!! Thanks for letting me know!

Now, the annual pass doesn't start the day you purchase it right? IIRC, it starts the day it is first used for entrance into the park. I would hate to purchase them this month and "waste" a couple of months before our trip in October (we're hoping to get at least 2 trips out of the annual pass since we're from out of state).

Excellent news!! Thanks for letting me know!

Now, the annual pass doesn't start the day you purchase it right? IIRC, it starts the day it is first used for entrance into the park. I would hate to purchase them this month and "waste" a couple of months before our trip in October (we're hoping to get at least 2 trips out of the annual pass since we're from out of state).
Yes, they will be activated the first time you enter the park.

Starting on 8/22, Haunted Mansion is officially listed as closed for refurbishment. Woo! *prays for Halloween time to start 9/9*

If I get my party tickets this summer, but don't get my AP til I arrive in October, will I be allowed down the AP T&T Trails if there are any?

Assuming there is going to be a Halloween party we can attend during our visit what is a good touring strategy to see the parade/fireworks?

Hi, all! :wave: I'm not usually awake at this unholy hour, and I just realized that I think this site still goes down for maintenance at 1 a.m. (doesn't it?), so my timing is bad. Anyway, I have to move us over to a new Superthread -- I want to do it right when we are about to get the news on dates and what not, so we can start fresh with that. I will have to start the thread first, and reserve my posts on page 1, then transfer over the info, and then begin editing/revising info to reflect this year's details. I will still have all the usual posts for Dates to Remember, MHP dates and sellout tracking info, food/dining, etc.

If I am still awake after the site goes down and then comes back up, then I will close this thread and start the new one then. If I conk out, then I will start the new thread when I wake up and get us all switched over. I will post the link to the new thread here when it's ready, and then I will close this thread.

Okay, here is the new thread -- http://www.disboards.com/threads/ha...ad-5-2016-details-due-any-minute-now.3526615/

I am still tweaking it, and have to change a bunch of things on the first page, so bear with me. You will see some new posts set aside for a Halloween Time Highlight Reel, MHP Reviews, Sept/Oct Visitors, MHP Visitors (only if you want to give me the info to keep in that thread -- otherwise, you can post it in the Meet threads).

If the 2016 info comes in today, before I get back here, post it in the new thread and I will update when I get there. I am going to close this thread now, and finally go to sleep... at 5 a.m. Zzzzzzzzzzz

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter