Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Following twitter to see who is out for meet and greets. So far we know apparently Donald and Goofy are alternating at KH spot. Snow White and Dopey are in the front. Blue Fairy is in the front all under the Classic Disney meet. Kim Possible and Ron Stoppable are at Pacific Wharf.

...I think at this point I’m resigning myself to spending 90 percent of the party in line for characters.

Side note if the party hadn’t sold out before now the reports of the rare characters probably would have done the trick. I don’t know what 2017/18 we’re like but 16 didn’t have much in the way of rare characters. Feels like they outdid themselves this year with them.
Pinocchio is with the blue fairy. Gah! So many cool characters! I want to see them all.

....yep I'm going to be spending most of the party in line. I may have just shrieked in excitement.

Big Bad Wolf and Robin Hood baddies are also out. Not sure on location. Backdrop makes me think they might be part of the villain rotation?

Also saw a report that they might be running low on treats...uh oh. Definitely looks like they need to learn some things over the course of the event.

Okay. Characters:

Classical: Snow White with Dopey alternating with Blue Fairy and Pinocchio
Marvel: Star Lord alternating with Gamora
Disney Afternoon: Rescue Rangers alternating with Tail Spin Baloo and Don Karnage
Villains I've seen: Frollo, Ratcliffe, Shan Yu, Prince John, Sheriff of Nottingham, Big Bad Wolf
Disney Channel: Phineas and Ferb alternsting with Kim Possible and Ron Stoppable
Pixar was supposedly Up characters
Kingdom Hearts: Donald and Goofy

Some stops flat out said they may have different characters for different parties. This has potential to be interesting.

It was quite chaotic with some of the stops opening an hour late. And don't get me started on the merchandise. I always thought I'd die in a fight for pins and not for a spirit jersey. But the character level was just insane.

....yep I'm going to be spending most of the party in line. I may have just shrieked in excitement.

Big Bad Wolf and Robin Hood baddies are also out. Not sure on location. Backdrop makes me think they might be part of the villain rotation?

Also saw a report that they might be running low on treats...uh oh. Definitely looks like they need to learn some things over the course of the event.

Yes part of villain rotation.

Overall: Great party. Really well themed.

Saw the characters exactly as @Vala reported above, also saw Loki walking around by Monsters Inc. Also Mickey and Minnie are in adorable new outfits over near Grizzly, but that line was CRAZY every time we saw it. (Character hosts were saying there were issues with costumes and such that delayed many of the first sets, seemed a little chaotic until 7).

For the “immersive” treat trails:
Oogie Boogie - Animation Building
Maleficent- by Soarin’
Wicked Queen - by Grizzly
Dr. Facilier (sp?) - whatever that building is between Monsters Inc and Philharmagic
Mad Hatter - Hyperion
**Oogie Boogie was the highlight, but they were all great. They didn’t all open on time - Hatter wasn’t open yet at 6:40, but Oogie Boogie was.
**The lines can look long but move fast (assuming it’s open, don’t waste time waiting for an unopened one).

The Villians’ Grove is gorgeous; I’d love to see them add some characters/performers here. The line was CRAZY right after the parade, but we came back at like 10:10 and it was much shorter. We spent 20 minute in the actual Grove after waiting in line, so plan accordingly. It also doesn’t open until after dusk since it needs to be dark for the projections to be visible.

The parade was nice; we got spots for six in front of the Grizzly waterfall (right by the Kingdom Hearts M&G) at 7:45.

I walked up to the second WOC right as it started at 10:45 and there was plenty of viewing. 4B94A5A9-B001-4BC3-8998-8C5C427CF4DE.jpeg
Honestly I thought it was kind of boring and bailed before it ended. 😬 And I’m a WOC fan - Seasons of Light is like my favorite thing. So this was a bummer.

We didn’t ride anything, so no reports on that. Rides we saw had minimal waits.

The Decendance party and Disney Jr building show seemed cute for kids, but not super popular (well, the early Disney Jr shows were, but not the later ones).

I’ll probably come back with some more pictures and/or details tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone for the scoop! It's so helpful for people like me who need to visualize a plan. I'm even more excited now, I think DD will just lose her little mind over the treat trails and Villans Grove, not to mention her current favorite, Descendants.

Thanks for the updates so far! I have a few questions.
- are food places open? I’m trying to figure out where to eat.
- how were crowds during the 3pm mix in?
- for those that came midday, how was parking and entering? Even though there is more space in the structure, it seems crazy now, and the lines seem so long at security.
- in regards to merchandise, were there long lines for it? I’m only interested in the oogie boogie supper, but if the line is too much, I can pass on it.
- what characters seem to have the longest lines? After reading reports, I’m most interested in Pinocchio, blue fairy, dopey, Snow White, Kim and Ron, and Robin Hood villains. Is it possible to see all of these in one night ?

I was watching “Disneyland nurse” stories and he just mentioned that he was turned away because they didn’t have any seats. The website doesn’t say it’s first come first served..so bizarre
I read somewhere that it was first come first serve and that when arriving at your reservation you had to request the package but it wasn't guaranteed. Not sure why they did it like this. Very poor planning.

I've been seeing a lot of chatter on the interwebs about the Villainous WoC and how lackluster it is. Saw a few videos and I wasn't all that impressed. What a bummer! On the other hand it makes me think it won't be such a big deal to spend our time doing other things. We might still catch if it works out but I'm not going to spend time waiting for it. I glad I dediced to book a regular WoC dessert party for the Wednesday night we're there.

I read somewhere that it was first come first serve and that when arriving at your reservation you had to request the package but it wasn't guaranteed. Not sure why they did it like this. Very poor planning.

Saw this from a few Instagramers. Apparently there are only 100 seats, so when that's been reserved it's all gone. Not exactly how it was advertised. Some people who had reservations and checked in rather early were turned away.

Thanks for the updates so far! I have a few questions.
- are food places open? I’m trying to figure out where to eat.
- how were crowds during the 3pm mix in?
- for those that came midday, how was parking and entering? Even though there is more space in the structure, it seems crazy now, and the lines seem so long at security.
- in regards to merchandise, were there long lines for it? I’m only interested in the oogie boogie supper, but if the line is too much, I can pass on it.
- what characters seem to have the longest lines? After reading reports, I’m most interested in Pinocchio, blue fairy, dopey, Snow White, Kim and Ron, and Robin Hood villains. Is it possible to see all of these in one night ?
Most food places are open. Like Award Wieners, Smokejumpers, etc. were all open. We also grabbed a drink at the Carthay Lounge at about 9 because that place was empty!

My carpool had a childcare snafu so we were later than we’d hoped - we entered DCA at 6:04. It was about 10 minutes to get our wristbands. I don’t know about mix-in crowds and we parked at Toy Story.

Not sure about merch lines.

Yes, you could see all of those. The villains would be the longest wait. Snow White/Dopey and Blue Fairy/Pinocchio trade off, so I’d just wait to meet one and then get back in line to cycle to the other - Snow is more popular (we met Blue Fairy/P). One person in our group was dressed as Kim Possible and met them right after 6 and then again at 10:55 - they only had like three people waiting for them at 10:55.

The longest character lines we saw were Mickey and Minnie, Villains, and Kingdom Hearts.

For anyone who attended last night, is time better spent on the trail, character meets, securing a parade spot than waiting in line for rides with more than a 20 min wait (I saw RSR was at 25 min for a while)? Just trying to prioritize as I have littles who won’t likely make it past 10pm. Thanks!

This is correct and stated on the website for making the reservation. In fact when I called reservations to ask about this I was specifically told (day the info was released) that it would mean it is possible to eat and not get reserved seats depending on prior reservations making the upgrade. I have no idea why they decided to just not make it a package.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disney-california-adventure/wine-country-trattoria/

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter