Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went at 5 and they weren’t allowing a line until 530 they said. We poked around a little, came back at 515 and enough of us were milling about that they let us line up. They said it would only be the Bride tonight. We didn’t go back and look to see if anyone else showed up. I promised my son a droid and after we built it I wasn’t carrying it around so we came back to the hotel!

Happy I saw the bride at least!

The map leaked on Instagram @gothicrosie

Notable characters include characters from kingdom hearts and Disney afternoon!

Well those may have some of the longest lines of the entire bunch outside of the villains Someone correct me if I’m wrong but it’s been a very long time since Kingdom Hearts characters have done a meet and greet in the parks. Wonder if we’ll get lucky enough to have the whole known fur characters meet and greeting (Sora, Donald, Goofy, and King Mickey)?

Looks like I’m going to be spending a chunk of my time in Grizzly Peak. And checking Instagram to see precisely whose where for the more vague listings. I kind of wanted to do the HM ghosts but if there’s too many characters in DCA I want to do then I’ll have to pass.

Well those may have some of the longest lines of the entire bunch outside of the villains Someone correct me if I’m wrong but it’s been a very long time since Kingdom Hearts characters have done a meet and greet in the parks. Wonder if we’ll get lucky enough to have the whole known fur characters meet and greeting (Sora, Donald, Goofy, and King Mickey)?

Looks like I’m going to be spending a chunk of my time in Grizzly Peak. And checking Instagram to see precisely whose where for the more vague listings. I kind of wanted to do the HM ghosts but if there’s too many characters in DCA I want to do then I’ll have to pass.
I’m assuming no Mickey if he’s meeting round the corner with Minnie, Goofy and Donald seem likely at the very least

I’m assuming no Mickey if he’s meeting round the corner with Minnie, Goofy and Donald seem likely at the very least

Oh right doh! Will still be cool to have the other two.

Wonder if they will think about bringing out Goliath from Gargoyles for the Disney Afternoon MG? He has a fur character but that might just be wishful thinking on my part. I know the dude hasn't been out in god knows how many years. But it's not exactly like the KH crew has been seen in the parks much either.

Am I going to be super sad if I miss watching Halloween Screams from Main Street on a night that is also with fireworks? We’re there this weekend from Friday to Monday (leaving Monday on a red eye before fireworks) but we have the fantasmic package and I just found a 430 instead of 330 that changed us to the 1st show at 9 so we’d have to stay at Fantasmic to see the show. Then our other two nights of the trip we will be at World of Color and the party at DCA.

Am I going to be super sad if I miss watching Halloween Screams from Main Street on a night that is also with fireworks? We’re there this weekend from Friday to Monday (leaving Monday on a red eye before fireworks) but we have the fantasmic package and I just found a 430 instead of 330 that changed us to the 1st show at 9 so we’d have to stay at Fantasmic to see the show. Then our other two nights of the trip we will be at World of Color and the party at DCA.

I have the exact same problem. Couldn’t find any reservation time at BB that would give me second show. We’re also there for 3 nights and the other two are the party and hopefully WOC. Some on here have told me that you can request a switch to the second show when you go to eat, but our dining reservation is at 6:20 so I’m not counting on those still being available. Our plan right now is to either miss regular WOC (sad, but we’ve seen it dozens of times) and watch from MS the second night, or just make do with only seeing Halloween screams from ROA. And we probably won’t decide until after we see the fireworks from ROA.

On an AP facebook group I'm on, one of the admins is a CM and she went to the CM oogie boogie preview. Here are some of her tips:
1.Character at the treat trails. They don't really meet, but you can talk to them.
2. Parade is the same except for the cheshire cat at the end. The parade route is long so you can get a good spot
3. WOC show is long, and is hard to get a good spot unless you get there early.
4. There will be 10 different locations with characters.
5. They use a lot of fog. If you have issues with fog, cover your mouth. I know personally, the smell of fog can sometimes get to me.

On an AP facebook group I'm on, one of the admins is a CM and she went to the CM oogie boogie preview. Here are some of her tips:
1.Character at the treat trails. They don't really meet, but you can talk to them.
2. Parade is the same except for the cheshire cat at the end. The parade route is long so you can get a good spot
3. WOC show is long, and is hard to get a good spot unless you get there early.
4. There will be 10 different locations with characters.
5. They use a lot of fog. If you have issues with fog, cover your mouth. I know personally, the smell of fog can sometimes get to me.

Thanks for the info! I am eagerly waiting to see how things go tonight. Mostly to see the WoC show detials. Though I have had to remind myself a few times, this is for DD's bday so I should prioritize things for her. She's going to want to see the Descendants Dance Party and the parade. If it's a total time-suck to watch WoC we may just skip it, which makes me so sad.

Thanks for the info! I am eagerly waiting to see how things go tonight. Mostly to see the WoC show detials. Though I have had to remind myself a few times, this is for DD's bday so I should prioritize things for her. She's going to want to see the Descendants Dance Party and the parade. If it's a total time-suck to watch WoC we may just skip it, which makes me so sad.
There are 2 WOC showings. I wonder if the 2nd will be less crowded.

So, the Villain’s Grove looks AH-MAZ-ING, but the villains are up on stage things, so you can’t “meet” them or take photos except from afar.

This is an interesting move, and I’m curious what the response will be.

The aesthetics of everything look fantastic, Oogie Boogie is in the Animation building and that whole setting seems great...

I’m frantically finishing up my outfit for tonight! Can’t wait!

I have the exact same problem. Couldn’t find any reservation time at BB that would give me second show. We’re also there for 3 nights and the other two are the party and hopefully WOC. Some on here have told me that you can request a switch to the second show when you go to eat, but our dining reservation is at 6:20 so I’m not counting on those still being available. Our plan right now is to either miss regular WOC (sad, but we’ve seen it dozens of times) and watch from MS the second night, or just make do with only seeing Halloween screams from ROA. And we probably won’t decide until after we see the fireworks from ROA.

The second show is less popular for dining packages-I think its more common for people to ask for first show when they've booked second. I really don't think you'll have a problem asking for second show-just let your server know.

So, the Villain’s Grove looks AH-MAZ-ING, but the villains are up on stage things, so you can’t “meet” them or take photos except from afar.
But if I'm reading the map right, it looks like there is an area where you can meet villains. Maybe it won't be the same ones featured in the grove, but we should be able to meet some...? (Personally, I really hope Hades is back.)

I'm curious about who the Marvel characters will be, over by GOTG. It would be cool if they brought out a couple villains.

But if I'm reading the map right, it looks like there is an area where you can meet villains. Maybe it won't be the same ones featured in the grove, but we should be able to meet some...? (Personally, I really hope Hades is back.)

I'm curious about who the Marvel characters will be, over by GOTG. It would be cool if they brought out a couple villains.
I don’t think the Grove actually has characters; I think they’re at the treat trails up on the stages.

I’m guessing Loki will be out? I hope? 🤞

ETA: I guess I’ll know a lot more in a few hours; I’m just impatient. 😂

I don’t think the Grove actually has characters; I think they’re at the treat trails up on the stages.

I’m guessing Loki will be out? I hope? 🤞

ETA: I guess I’ll know a lot more in a few hours; I’m just impatient. 😂

Right, there is the Villains Grove at the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail.

But the leaked map also says "Characters: Disney Villains" at a location near Grizzly River Run. That's why I am assuming/hoping that there will also be villains to meet.

Yes, we will know soon for sure!

Right, there is the Villains Grove at the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail.

But the leaked map also says "Characters: Disney Villains" at a location near Grizzly River Run. That's why I am assuming/hoping that there will also be villains to meet.

Yes, we will know soon for sure!
Yeah, I was just pointing out that when you said “featured in the grove,” that’s not where their stages are. The grove is just effects (from what I can see online). I do hope they have some out to meet, and you’re right, the map makes it seem like they will.

The “Villainous” reviews that I’m seeing are brutal. 😒😬

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter