Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
So excited to hear back from everyone and get details about character meets!

Just saw that Disneyland Daily is reporting that you can enter the party through the Grand Californian to skip the long lines out front. I always thought you had to be a guest to enter that way but maybe it's different for parties like this? Or later in the day they don't seem to mind? Does anyone know? It would be so nice to enter this way after our break mid day back at the DLH.

Just saw that Disneyland Daily is reporting that you can enter the party through the Grand Californian to skip the long lines out front. I always thought you had to be a guest to enter that way but maybe it's different for parties like this? Or later in the day they don't seem to mind? Does anyone know? It would be so nice to enter this way after our break mid day back at the DLH.

I've gone through twice today and I am.not a hotel guest. But they are not wristbanding there unless I missed it.

I've gone through twice today and I am.not a hotel guest. But they are not wristbanding there unless I missed it.
Interesting, maybe if you have a normal daily ticket (which we will) you can enter there and go to the "in park" check-in. I have so much to learn in the next 7 days! :)

since the party is moved over to DCA, Im curious if their is a place in the park you can get your party band like they had over at starcade last year.

The guest only enforcement is in the morning at opening. After that anyone can go through. I’ve used that entrance quiet a few times when going to and from Storytellers.

Heads up for people doing the parade package. This sounds like a mess 🤦🏾‍♀️. If anyone is doing it please give insight

Oh my goodness... For real? Getting that reservation during that slim window was already hard enough and there's no guarantee? I'm going later in October and I hope this gets worked out soon. I was truly hoping that it would be as seamless as the other dining packages despite the weirdness GothicRosie mentioned when making the reservation. 😩

Oh my goodness... For real? Getting that reservation during that slim window was already hard enough and there's no guarantee? I'm going later in October and I hope this gets worked out soon. I was truly hoping that it would be as seamless as the other dining packages despite the weirdness GothicRosie mentioned when making the reservation. 😩
I was watching “Disneyland nurse” stories and he just mentioned that he was turned away because they didn’t have any seats. The website doesn’t say it’s first come first served..so bizarre

I was watching “Disneyland nurse” stories and he just mentioned that he was turned away because they didn’t have any seats. The website doesn’t say it’s first come first served..so bizarre

That's so ridiculous. I'm going with friends this year and a few have issues standing. So while Wine Country wasn't even on our list to eat at, we made an exception specifically for the FP (adulting, fun, lol). I think we're gonna have to ask our more nimble counterparts to sprint ahead of us to get those FP's when the time comes. 😟

Though I'm still hoping this was a snafu that Disney gets worked out immediately. That might be wishful thinking though.

That's so ridiculous. I'm going with friends this year and a few have issues standing. So while Wine Country wasn't even on our list to eat at, we made an exception specifically for the FP (adulting, fun, lol). I think we're gonna have to ask our more nimble counterparts to sprint ahead of us to get those FP's when the time comes. 😟

Though I'm still hoping this was a snafu that Disney gets worked out immediately. That might be wishful thinking though.
I'm hoping people complain. Call me crazy but if I make a reservation for something, I would expect they would have a seat for me.

Following twitter to see who is out for meet and greets. So far we know apparently Donald and Goofy are alternating at KH spot. Snow White and Dopey are in the front. Blue Fairy is in the front all under the Classic Disney meet. Kim Possible and Ron Stoppable are at Pacific Wharf.

...I think at this point I’m resigning myself to spending 90 percent of the party in line for characters.

Side note if the party hadn’t sold out before now the reports of the rare characters probably would have done the trick. I don’t know what 2017/18 we’re like but 16 didn’t have much in the way of rare characters. Feels like they outdid themselves this year with them.

Following twitter to see who is out for meet and greets. So far we know apparently Donald and Goofy are alternating at KH spot. Snow White and Dopey are in the front. Blue Fairy is in the front all under the Classic Disney meet. Kim Possible and Ron Stoppable are at Pacific Wharf.

...I think at this point I’m resigning myself to spending 90 percent of the party in line for characters.

Side note if the party hadn’t sold out before now the reports of the rare characters probably would have done the trick. I don’t know what 2017/18 we’re like but 16 didn’t have much in the way of rare characters. Feels like they outdid themselves this year with them.
OMG KIM AND RON?! I used to love Kim Possible when I was little.

OMG KIM AND RON?! I used to love Kim Possible when I was little.

Yep abeloo.o on Insta posted a photo with them.

Shen Yu photo also spotted.

From a character perspective they did great but it seems like they’re lacking in other areas. Looks like most of the things didn’t start until a full hour after the party was open. And someone was saying they didn’t have an allergy free treats. Really hope they get this and the parade sorted out. At least I’m not going until Halloween proper.

Looks like in the Disney Afternoon area (Grizzly Airfield), Baloo and Don Karnage (Talespin) is out. I loved Disney Afternoon so I am excited for this.

Edit: Removed the link to the Twitter, looks like "magical_kinda_mama" on IG posted about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!