Halloween Time at Disneyland, Oct 16-19. Lots Of Pictures! Trip Report Completed

Oh my goodness, when it rains, it pours, and there has been nothing but rain for me this year. :sad2:

It's getting harder and harder to stay positive, but I'm giving it my all.

Anyways, lets talk Disneyland.

I've started to make a list of snacks I want to try that I've never had. Here's what I have so far:
*Beignets
*Chocolate filled Croissant
*Pomme frites
*Corn dog
*Tinkerbell twist

And now, I'm hungry. :rotfl:

The churro cart, with a churro. :rolleyes1
OK, I'll send you to time out at the churro cart with a churro. Meanwhile I think I'll send myself to time out on the island with Capt. Jack. ;)

Oh my goodness, when it rains, it pours, and there has been nothing but rain for me this year. :sad2:

It's getting harder and harder to stay positive, but I'm giving it my all.

Anyways, lets talk Disneyland.

I've started to make a list of snacks I want to try that I've never had. Here's what I have so far:
*Beignets
*Chocolate filled Croissant
*Pomme frites
*Corn dog
*Tinkerbell twist

And now, I'm hungry. :rotfl:
Aw, hang in there. Remember after the rain comes the rainbow!! OK, that was totally dorky even for me......but you know what I mean. :hug:

Let me know what you think of the Tinkerbell Twist. I love it!! :yay:

So this morning was a sad morning for me. I discovered a "lost cat" poster and low and behold it was my little Pumpkin. I debated for awhile on whether or not to "do the right thing" and finally decided that not only would I be devastated if someone didn't return one of my cats to me, but there's no way I wanted the bad karma that would follow stealing someone else's cat. So I made the phone call and then tried not cry. Then his owner came and picked me up, and that's when my seasonal allergies kicked in :sad1: (no really, it was allergies *sniff* *sniff*). His owner seemed happy to get him back, so I felt good about returning him, but still....

OK, this is supposed to be about Disneyland, so lets talk Disney!

I went ahead and ordered a ticket for Mickey's Trick-or-Treat Party today. I got it for October 16, which is a Thursday. It will be my first night there and was really the only night that seemed logical for me. Now I need to figure out what to do for a costume. I'll probably go as a faerie or something like that...really anything that sparkles will do for me. Maybe I'll go as a diamond. :rotfl:

I'm ready to rob a bank, just so I know I will be going to Disneyland next month.

I'll take that churro now...

I'm so sorry about Pumpkin. :hug: That had to have been hard, but as you said, it was the right thing to do.

You'll be at the Halloween party the same night as us! I'm still not sure if I'm going to dress up though. :confused3 I go back and forth on it.
It's not that I don't want to, it's that I don't want to spend the money on a costume. Most of them are so expensive and so cheaply made. :rolleyes:

I could help you find a costume if you'd like. ;) Ask Shelley (wdwr) if she thinks that's a good idea or not. :rolleyes1

I'm so sorry about Pumpkin. :hug: That had to have been hard, but as you said, it was the right thing to do.

As my mom said, if he comes back to me, I don't have to give him back a second time! :rotfl:

You'll be at the Halloween party the same night as us!

Dang, there's no refunds. ;)

I'm still not sure if I'm going to dress up though. :confused3 I go back and forth on it.
It's not that I don't want to, it's that I don't want to spend the money on a costume. Most of them are so expensive and so cheaply made. :rolleyes:

I have no clue what I'm going to do. I don't know if I'd feel more out of place being there alone and being dressed up, or being there alone and not being dressed up....

I could help you find a costume if you'd like. ;) Ask Shelley (wdwr) if she thinks that's a good idea or not. :rolleyes1

You're not trying to make me look slutty are you mom?

As my mom said, if he comes back to me, I don't have to give him back a second time! :rotfl:
I agree with that. :thumbsup2

Dang, there's no refunds. ;)
And to think I was being nice to you!!! And I am never nice!! :mad:
Don't worry. It's a large park. I'm sure we can stear clear of each other. :snooty:

I have no clue what I'm going to do. I don't know if I'd feel more out of place being there alone and being dressed up, or being there alone and not being dressed up....
:confused3 Maybe something that is dressed up but not in an over the top way? Like a cowgirl or hippie or something fairly simple. That's what I'm thinking of doing. If I do anything at all that is.

You're not trying to make me look slutty are you mom?
No dear. You do that all on your own. :)

And to think I was being nice to you!!! And I am never nice!! :mad:
Don't worry. It's a large park. I'm sure we can stear clear of each other. :snooty:

:rotfl2: You said you were being nice! :lmao: Bull-, mom! You're NEVER nice.

Anyways, you don't want your new family running into me and dad! By the way, I obviously got my drinking habit from him (you just had to choose a pirate, didn't you!).

:confused3 Maybe something that is dressed up but not in an over the top way? Like a cowgirl or hippie or something fairly simple. That's what I'm thinking of doing. If I do anything at all that is.

I was looking at gypsy costumes. They're pretty simple and I LOVE dresses!

No dear. You do that all on your own. :)

And I learned everything I know from you.

:rotfl2: You said you were being nice! :lmao: Bull-, mom! You're NEVER nice.

Anyways, you don't want your new family running into me and dad! By the way, I obviously got my drinking habit from him (you just had to choose a pirate, didn't you!).
I'm always nice! Just not to you.

And what can I say.....there was just something about that song....Yo Ho, Yo Ho. :goodvibes

I was looking at gypsy costumes. They're pretty simple and I LOVE dresses!
That would be nice! I found one in your size too!

kids-halloween-costumes-11.jpg

And I learned everything I know from you.
It's about time you started paying attention.

I'm always nice! Just not to you.

And what can I say.....there was just something about that song....Yo Ho, Yo Ho. :goodvibes

Which reminds me, the seven dwarfs have a message they want me to give you. They say: "Hi ho!" :rotfl2:

That would be nice! I found one in your size too!

kids-halloween-costumes-11.jpg

:snooty: That's ugly, I want a sparkly pink one!

It's about time you started paying attention.

What can I say, I have the best teacher around!

OK, that's it, I give up! I think the world hates me and I'm not really sure what I did to it to make it SO mad at me.

I was driving to work and a rock, at least I'm guessing that's what it was, flew up off the road, hit the hood of my car leaving a dent and chipping a chunk of the paint off, bounced up and then it hit my windshield and cracked it. :sad2:

I'm trying to think about happier things, so lets talk Disney!!!!

Here's a video I made from my trip from January of last year, I believe that's when the trip was anyways...

Disneyland/California Adventure

How about some more random Disneyland memories!!!!?

This is one of my favorite pictures of my eldest niece at Disneyland:
101_0540-1.jpg

Here's one of my dad, my youngest niece, someone else, my other dad, my eldest niece looking like she's about the have a heart attack and me:
DSCN0166.jpg

I have the same dumb face in every single BLAB photo:
AstroBlasters.jpg

I don't know if any of you have heard or read overheardinnewyork or any of it's sister sites, but the last time I was in Disneyland I heard one of the funniest things I ever heard. Half of my group was in NOS waiting for the rest of our group got back over from Pirates Lair (it was a crowded day and we couldn't all make it on one raft), anyways there was this family across the way and this is what I heard:

Son: God damn-it!
Father: Don't you ever let me hear you say "god" again!

:rotfl:

Not really the word I would have chosen to have my child never say again... :confused3

I'm starting to think about what rides I want to go on, but that really doesn't matter, because I've never been to Disneyland with a plan of action. I just kind of go with what I want, when I want.

Last edited:
I love the pics! And the video is cute. Everyone looks like they are having so much fun. I totally love the Splash pic at the end! You'd never get me on that tea cups ride though. :scared:

I'm sorry about the rock. That sucks. It's happened to us too. But the world doesn't hate you. Cheer up. You'll be back at Disney before you know it!! :wizard: :wizard:

(And yes, I AM being nice. DON'T ruin it. :mad: LOL)

Hi Neighbor!
Great pre-trip report so far. I'm so sorry about the rock thing. Man that stinks. That is something that would totally happen to me LOL. I wish the mini-meet was later in October. We won't be there until 10/26, boo on that but yay because it's coming up soon! I hope your evening gets better.

Hi Neighbor!
Great pre-trip report so far. I'm so sorry about the rock thing. Man that stinks. That is something that would totally happen to me LOL. I wish the mini-meet was later in October. We won't be there until 10/26, boo on that but yay because it's coming up soon! I hope your evening gets better.

Hi neighbor!!! I'm in Sacto right now! Only because it's where I work, LOL!

Wasn't the weather crazy yesterday? I can't believe it actually sprinkled! The clouds made for a perfect spooky Halloween full moon last night though!

Thanks for reading! :goodvibes

Hi neighbor!!! I'm in Sacto right now! Only because it's where I work, LOL!

Wasn't the weather crazy yesterday? I can't believe it actually sprinkled! The clouds made for a perfect spooky Halloween full moon last night though!

Thanks for reading! :goodvibes

Sprinkled? What? It didn't sprinkle here in Rancho Cordova. It was beautiful outside though. We took DD to the park and went out to dinner. Where in Sac do you work? I'm off 50 mostly (live and work) but we are all over the area with family. DH is workingin Grass Valley today so I'm sure he drove through your neck of the woods.

Sprinkled? What? It didn't sprinkle here in Rancho Cordova. It was beautiful outside though. We took DD to the park and went out to dinner. Where in Sac do you work? I'm off 50 mostly (live and work) but we are all over the area with family. DH is workingin Grass Valley today so I'm sure he drove through your neck of the woods.

The most noticeable sprinkles were in downtown, but they also hit me in Citrus Heights.

I work off of Power Inn Road. :sad2: I REALLY wish they would repave that road.

"The monsters are all missing
And the nightmares can't be found
And in their place there seems to be
Good feeling all around

Instead of screams, I swear
I can hear music in the air
The smell of cakes and pies
Is absolutely everywhere

The sights, the sounds
They're everywhere and all around
I've never felt so good before
This empty place inside of me is filling up
I simply cannot get enough"

Since I wont know for sure if I'm going next month, I'll take some time to report on my last Disneyland trip.

First I wanted to say that my reservations for the Halloween Tour have been made today, thanks to toocherie!!!!

My last trip was in February and it was oodles of fun. We went for my niece's 5th birthday and had a blast!

My, my two nieces, my BIL and sister went down on February 14. I spent my Valentine's day crammed in a backseat on what ended up being a 8 hour drive. That was a horible, horrible drive!

By the time we checked in the hotel, Desert Inn and Suites, and got unpacked, the parks were already closed. We all went to DTD to eat. We ended up at Catal. I was a little scared at first, because it was a set menu with a set price and I didn't think I would like anything, because I'm such a picky eater, but it turned out all right. The dessert was the best part though! ;)

Here's a picture of the happy family:
girls139.jpg

Oh and, yes, we were the most under-dressed people there...we had no idea we'd be going to Catal.

The next day we hit the big D and headed over to Toontown. I haven't been on any of the rides, or walked more then 80 feet into Toontown in YEARS. We went on RRCS and it gave me a huge migraine! I really don't remember the ride time for that ride being so LONG! :confused3

After that, we went to Minnie's house and then Mickey's house.

girls158-1.jpg

girls159-1.jpg

...everything older sister did, younger sister just had to do too...

IMG_1444-1.jpg

OK, that's enough of that trip for now.

And now I'm bored enough to start up again! Woo Hoo!

After Mickey's house, we headed over to Gadget's Coaster. This ended up being my eldest niece's favorite ride.

girls145.jpg

That's my niece and BIL in the front and My other niece and me in the back

Then we rode it again the next day:
IMG_1467.jpg

and we rode it again and again and again.

And I forgot, here's a link to another video I did. This time it's a mixture of my Jan '07 trip to Disneyland, which included a day trip to Laguna Beach:
My Video!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter