Hall of Presidents

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw the Hall of the Presidents as a child at the New York World's Fair. Looking forward to the reopening.

Actually, you would have seen "Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln" at the NY World's Fair.
There was only Abraham Lincoln in that show (created by Disney for the State of Illinois, "Land of Lincoln.")
It was a very emotional and meaningful presentation and quite impressive.
It was the first time Disney had attempted
to present to the public a lifelike moving and talking Audio Animatronic human character.

Actually, you would have seen "Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln" at the NY World's Fair.
There was only Abraham Lincoln in that show (created by Disney for the State of Illinois, "Land of Lincoln.")
to present to the public a lifelike moving and talking Audio Animatronic human character.

Yeah, but, like, wasn't Lincoln, like, y'know, President at that time? ;)

I'm not making a political statement, but I recall reading just last week that Team Trump is having a difficult time agreeing with Disney about what will be said....this may be a reason for uncertainty of opening.

If it's on the internet, then it MUST be true. That "news story" was retracted but doubt you'll read that anywhere.

Yeah, but, like, wasn't Lincoln, like, y'know, President at that time? ;)

Ummmm, I was there to see this and
I am not old enough to have had Mr. Lincoln as my President.

I'm looking forward to it re-opening.

Unfortunately, I was forced to unlike The Dis page on Facebook just moments ago, due to the trolls regarding President Trump. I also deleted my posts there.

What a sad world we live in today.

I don't want this to come across the wrong way, but I feel that it is proper to point out that you weren't FORCED to do anything, you made a decision to. You could just as easily have decided to simply ignore those posts.

I don't want this to come across the wrong way, but I feel that it is proper to point out that you weren't FORCED to do anything, you made a decision to. You could just as easily have decided to simply ignore those posts.

:) While I appreciate your input, I just want to say that planning a trip to WDW is generally full of excitement for everyone. However, the negativity regarding HoP, really put a damper on the excitement for me, as it came as quite a shock in my Disney planning.

You're correct in saying I wasn't forced (by others) but - it was a sour environment for my own well being, so I made the choice to depart. Please excuse the way I worded my post - it was emotion driven.

Have a great day! :)

:) While I appreciate your input, I just want to say that planning a trip to WDW is generally full of excitement for everyone. However, the negativity regarding HoP, really put a damper on the excitement for me, as it came as quite a shock in my Disney planning.

You're correct in saying I wasn't forced (by others) but - it was a sour environment for my own well being, so I made the choice to depart. Please excuse the way I worded my post - it was emotion driven.

Have a great day! :)
Fair enough, and certainly, I don't blame you for your choice. Some of what gets posted on internet forums / facebook is pretty rotten, and serves no good purpose. I tend to skip over it, but I can't fault you with just leaving that particular venue as to not be bothered by it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter