Hall of Presidents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im hearing all new rumors now on HoP new opening date and if the president will have a speaking role. Does anybody know when the new expected opening date will be?
I'm not making a political statement, but I recall reading just last week that Team Trump is having a difficult time agreeing with Disney about what will be said....this may be a reason for uncertainty of opening.

I can't recall if I saw HoP as a kid, I definitely haven't gone as an adult. It won't be open during my trip, but I think I might prefer to see American Adventure at Epcot anyway, just because I think for my young kid it would put American history into context a bit more than a bunch of presidents who all lived at different times sitting together. Tom Bricker's enthusiastic review has me seriously considering it. But I agree with a prior poster who said they would like to see some diversity represented.

I wish they'd redo American Adventure to make it less white-male-centric. But why not squeeze in some non white male history in HoP as well?
But Disney can't change the ethnicity of previous presidents, and the attraction is Hall of Presidents. It's as non white male centric as possible while displaying only the persons eligible to be installed in the attraction.

I'm not getting the "diversity" need in the Hall of Presidents.

It is a hall of presidents. You can't add people that weren't the president. Otherwise it would be the Hall of Famous People. Or the Hall of People We Wanted to Hear Speak.

I really hope that they keep in Hall of Presidents.
No, I meant in American Adventure, not HoP. You could have Harriet Tubman, Frederick Douglas, etc. Obviously you can't make HoP more diverse.

ETA: And I saw that other posters pointed this out too!

HoP was concieved based on "Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln" at the 1964 NY Worlds Fair and, later, Disneyland.

I saw the Hall of the Presidents as a child at the New York World's Fair. Looking forward to the reopening.

Awesome, good to know! I've never seen it, but was considering making time for it this trip.

You must see it! If you like American history, it is well worth the time. It is a decidedly patriotic view of American history, but does not shy away from referencing, as Walt would put it, "hard facts" and the inclusion of diverse voices.

The Magic Kingdom opened while I was in the fifth grade. Everyone was excited about it, including my teacher and classmates. I remember the teacher bringing in a big magazine article about the Hall of Presidents that discussed how the animatrons worked. She was really psyched about American history becoming a theme park attraction.

My family went to Disney the following July (1972). The Hall of Presidents was on the top of our list to see. When we saw it, my family was blown away by its poignancy and the realism of the animatrons.

It was never an exciting attraction again after seeing it that first time, but I will never forget how impressive it was to me then when I was 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter