Hall of Presidents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antonio

Mouseketeer
Im hearing all new rumors now on HoP new opening date and if the president will have a speaking role. Does anybody know when the new expected opening date will be?

Im hearing all new rumors now on HoP new opening date and if the president will have a speaking role. Does anybody know when the new expected opening date will be?

When we were there a couple of months ago we were told that there would be a full and complete renovation to the entire theatre and it would reopen later in the year. President Trump will have a speaking roll and the script was submitted to the White House for approval.

When we were there a couple of months ago we were told that there would be a full and complete renovation to the entire theatre and it would reopen later in the year. President Trump will have a speaking roll and the script was submitted to the White House for approval.

From a bus driver, is my guess? ;)

From what I've heard, it's been just the opposite. No input from White House, Iger has dropped connections like the plague with trump, and no one knows when it will re-open.

Of course, this whole thread should be on rumor and news...

From what I've heard, it's been just the opposite. No input from White House, Iger has dropped connections like the plague with trump, and no one knows when it will re-open.

:rotfl2:

It was recently announced that the previous poster is exactly right. The current president will have a speaking role and the extended window is for major theater enhancements. There have been rumors that there was some difficulty getting the speech approved, but nothing was officially revealed about that. The official re-opening date is currently unknown, but rumored to be as late as early November (one year after the election).

I would think that with Iger stepping down from the WH advisory council after the statement to drop out of the Paris Climate Accord that it might be a long wait for it to reopen.

Last edited:
Here's a couple more articles confirming that the current POTUS will have a speaking role.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-to-have-speaking-role-in-disney-worlds-hall-of-presidents/
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...eech-disney-hall-presidents-article-1.3285206

Past speeches have been generic and apolitical appeals for unity, celebrating freedom and the American spirit (and other buzzwords like that). Hopefully the next speech will carry on that tradition.
I'm assuming that is what the hold up is.

I'm looking forward to it re-opening.

Unfortunately, I was forced to unlike The Dis page on Facebook just moments ago, due to the trolls regarding President Trump. I also deleted my posts there.

What a sad world we live in today.

I just went and looked assuming the worse ........ saw nothing I would call trolling. :confused3

Since you are new, just to let you know, you will see worse about an array of Disney subjects here. Folks are passionate about lots.

I just went and looked assuming the worse ........ saw nothing I would call trolling. :confused3

Since you are new, just to let you know, you will see worse about an array of Disney subjects here. Folks are passionate about lots.

Perhaps it's all about perception.

Regarding being new...yes, I registered last week, but have been reading the board as a guest for a very long time.

Again, friendly reminder of the Disboards policy on Political talk. There is to be none of it. Not in favor or against any political party or person.
This is not an ego trip on my part, I have been told by the Webmaster to start deleting posts and issuing warnings to repeat offenders.
Like the stormtroopers say "I don't make the rules I just enforce them"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts