Hakuna Kidani, What a Turtleful Phrase!

Glad to hear you are feeling better. The summer will be here soon enough and then you will be there again and happy times will happen.

Great update and pics. I love the Boardwalk/Beach Club area. So pretty.

I'm so glad you are feeling better. I know what you mean about the all of the new things with school. I think we are doing the same things. I feel like they just add more and more each day. Ugh!

So glad to hear you're doing so much better. I was very concerned! Love the EPCOT resort pics. That is such a beautiful area! Take care. :)

Glad to hear you are almost fully recovered. I guess you knew you were sick when you headed to Disney but when that bronchitis turned to pneumonia it was all over. That will really wipe you out for a long time.

Those pictures of the BC are absolutely gorgeous. Just perfect. And, yes, they are a stark contrast to the winter weather. I'm with you - I really dislike January and February and I feel like I count every day. At least its staying a little lighter longer. That's always a positive sign. :thumbsup2

Perhaps we should try looking at the bright side. January is half way over, so now only one and a half of the despised months are left.
February is our month for conferences so we get a four day break over President's Day. That helps to speed that dreaded month along.

Just think of smelling that sweet Hadley's head. :littleangel:

Marc dropped a bit of a bomb on me last weekend. A late Christmas gift per say.
90 Vero points.
:eek:
The contract was loaded with points that needed to be used by August of this year.
So after all of my big talk of a budget, I quick booked a trip for right after school is out. No way was I letting those points go unused.
The July will go on as planned.

I hope you continue to feel better. Working your second job too many nights might be more than you should do.
Are you out of school tomorrow for MLK holiday? Happily, we are!

As if I should even be allowed to have a favorite spot at Beach Club, with my value budget self! :blush:

Beach Club will always be "home" to us as it was our first DVC contract. We loved having you stay with us last spring. As always, our home is your home and of course that can and always be your special spot. It's such a comfortable and pretty room!

Glad to hear you are feeling better. The summer will be here soon enough and then you will be there again and happy times will happen.

Great update and pics. I love the Boardwalk/Beach Club area. So pretty.

I am holding on to that thought, Scott. I will be so excited for July! :cool1:

Just walking the loop around the Boardwalk and Beach/Yacht Club area is a Disney attraction, in my opinion.

I'm so glad you are feeling better. I know what you mean about the all of the new things with school. I think we are doing the same things. I feel like they just add more and more each day. Ugh!

They add, but they rarely take away anything we are already doing. I really do shake my head when I think about how different the whole attitude and atmosphere of things are now as compared to twenty years ago.

So glad to hear you're doing so much better. I was very concerned! Love the EPCOT resort pics. That is such a beautiful area! Take care. :)

Thanks for your concern.

It is a beautiful area. I love taking pictures all around that area, and I love having the beachy feel out in front of Beach Club.

Glad to hear you are almost fully recovered. I guess you knew you were sick when you headed to Disney but when that bronchitis turned to pneumonia it was all over. That will really wipe you out for a long time.

Those pictures of the BC are absolutely gorgeous. Just perfect. And, yes, they are a stark contrast to the winter weather. I'm with you - I really dislike January and February and I feel like I count every day. At least its staying a little lighter longer. That's always a positive sign. :thumbsup2

It zapped me, for sure. I probably slept more in the last month than I did in the previous 3-4 months.

I guess I have been working so many nights that I have not noticed the extra hint of daylight. That's a positive sign - there is hope for warmth again! :banana: Since I am out of school today, I am going to be out running errands. I may run by Hobby Lobby and look at their spring and summer pretties to get a little dose of sunshine and happiness, too. :)

Perhaps we should try looking at the bright side. January is half way over, so now only one and a half of the despised months are left.
February is our month for conferences so we get a four day break over President's Day. That helps to speed that dreaded month along.

Just think of smelling that sweet Hadley's head. :littleangel:

Marc dropped a bit of a bomb on me last weekend. A late Christmas gift per say.
90 Vero points.
:eek:
The contract was loaded with points that needed to be used by August of this year.
So after all of my big talk of a budget, I quick booked a trip for right after school is out. No way was I letting those points go unused.
The July will go on as planned.

I hope you continue to feel better. Working your second job too many nights might be more than you should do.
Are you out of school tomorrow for MLK holiday? Happily, we are!

I am doing what I can to put myself in a better place mentally. :wizard: When I go out and have to scrape ice off the car every morning, I am not so happy. ;)

Yay for Vero points and an extra trip! :dance3: Disneyland, Vero, Disney World..... all that should help you get through these winter months, for sure. ::yes::

Yeah, working three nights last week made it a little tough. I was glad for Saturday to get here. I did household chores and without planning it, I took a long afternoon nap. I didn't leave the house all day. Yesterday, I went to church and Trent and Brandi came for lunch. After that, I worked on some school stuff and had HGTV on for several hours. I am out today. I have to finish a little bit more school stuff, but not much. I have a couple of errands to run, but I am flexible as to when I do them, so I am getting up and about slowly this morning. If it was a normal school day, I'd be in the car almost to school now, so this is nice. :thumbsup2

Beach Club will always be "home" to us as it was our first DVC contract. We loved having you stay with us last spring. As always, our home is your home and of course that can and always be your special spot. It's such a comfortable and pretty room!

Thanks for letting me borrow your place. If anyone ever questions me when I am sitting in the solarium eating my PBJ, I will tell them I know you. :goodvibes

I know you said you're looking forward to July - I have a question.
Maybe it's because you live in the south and are used to heat, but how do you stand it at WDW in July????
The first time I went it was June and I swore I'd never go back in summer. Then we were invited to a condo on Cocoa Beach for a week in July, so we went, and while the beach was fine, I had to spend some time at WDW, and it was ridiculously stupid hot! Even the pools felt like bathwater and then they'd kick us out for lightning storms. While we managed okay, I just did not think it was a good option. Summers are too nice here for me. I NEED to get away in winter. Too bad we're bound by school breaks. I'd like a longer one at the end of Jan, early Feb to get away.

We're heading into another polar vortex this week (subzero highs!) so I'll be spending a lot of time enjoying palm tree pictures!!

Glad to hear you are feeling better and getting back at it.

Thanks. It has been nice to be out and about on this sunny day. :)

Happy to hear you are feeling better! Sending some pixie dust your way!pixiedust:

Thanks. I'll need that pixie dust to get through the rest of the cold winter. I think we are supposed to have 3-4 really cold days this week.

I know you said you're looking forward to July - I have a question.
Maybe it's because you live in the south and are used to heat, but how do you stand it at WDW in July????
The first time I went it was June and I swore I'd never go back in summer. Then we were invited to a condo on Cocoa Beach for a week in July, so we went, and while the beach was fine, I had to spend some time at WDW, and it was ridiculously stupid hot! Even the pools felt like bathwater and then they'd kick us out for lightning storms. While we managed okay, I just did not think it was a good option. Summers are too nice here for me. I NEED to get away in winter. Too bad we're bound by school breaks. I'd like a longer one at the end of Jan, early Feb to get away.

We're heading into another polar vortex this week (subzero highs!) so I'll be spending a lot of time enjoying palm tree pictures!!

It is hot in WDW in the summer, no doubt. We usually go to a park at rope drop, get in a lot of rides and attractions, and then go back to the room for lunch, swim time, and naps. Then we'll go back out in the evening when things are a bit cooler and do a few more things. There will be evenings we stay out late, like to see a late Fantasmic, and then we'll let the girls sleep in the next day. I guess maybe being from a warmer climate, we do handle the heat better than the cold. Neither Jill nor I like the cold, although she handles it better than I do. Quite honestly, I hate going out to a cold car and scraping ice every morning. :mad:

Also, our summer trips are usually nice and long, so we tend to have a more relaxed schedule overall, knowing we have many days ahead of us. Having said that, we do love October and March trips. October usually has perfect weather, as does March. March could possibly be my very favorite simply because I do hate winter so much. It brings me back to life to see the sun, the palm trees, the flowers - and to store my sweatpants away and pull out the capris for the first time - aaaah! :cool2: As for February, I would be happy to spend that entire month in Florida! ::yes::

So glad to hear you are doing better. :)

Thanks. It's nice to be getting my energy back. :goodvibes

Glad you're feeling better and things are returning to normal. Keep that warm blanket handy, it looks like you have some colder weather ahead! :eek:

You got some great pics of Beach Club! That is one place I am starting to appreciate more and more, and all the wonderful pictures certainly help that feeling. :goodvibes

I'm with MeMom about cold weather, I hate it. I've lived in Ohio most of my life, but never have adjusted to the winters. We go to WDW in September & I just love the hot weather.

Glad you are feeling better, maybe next year you should get a pneumonia shot. I keep forgetting to get mine, which is not a good thing to do.

So good to see you posting and feeling better. I'm missing sunny Florida right now as this is when we usually go, so I'm really enjoying your pictures. We even talked about still going for a week and then my practical side kicked in. My dh really wants to spend next January there. We hope to find a reasonable house and then our kids can all come down and visit. When it gets below 0° we usually just stay home, and it's -10° right now. Today I will work on my scrapbook from our Nov. trip and enjoy looking at my pictures and imagine being warm, LOL.

The Beach Club is beautiful! You're blessed to have stayed there. It is nice to see all the warm sunny pictures. We live so far south we don't normally get too cold during the winter but this year we have seen some cold. I'm looking forward to milder temps next month in Disney. Hopefully it won't be too cold like it was when we went Feb 2010. We had a rare snow the day we left and the cold followed us there. I'm hoping to post some sunny pictures on facebook while we're there.

Oh. Memom! I was so far behind (like from August) and when I came to the part of you being sick on your last trip I was :eek: and :sad: I felt so bad for you, I'm glad to hear that you are on the mend now, though.

I love your beach club pictures. It is on my list to resort hop next trip. Dare I say I have never stepped foot on the boardwalk :rolleyes1

So happy you are feeling better.

Glad you're feeling better and things are returning to normal. Keep that warm blanket handy, it looks like you have some colder weather ahead! :eek:

You got some great pics of Beach Club! That is one place I am starting to appreciate more and more, and all the wonderful pictures certainly help that feeling. :goodvibes

I ended up taking today off, actually. It is like 6 degrees here, and I have been fighting a cold all week. Last night, I started getting a headache to go with it, so rather than take the chance on having it go into something bigger. I am just staying put today. Nyquil will be my friend, and I'll probably spend a big part of the day under warm blankets. ::yes::

Not only is Beach Club such a pretty place, but being able to walk out the door and into Epcot in five minutes is awesome! :cool1:

I'm with MeMom about cold weather, I hate it. I've lived in Ohio most of my life, but never have adjusted to the winters. We go to WDW in September & I just love the hot weather.

Glad you are feeling better, maybe next year you should get a pneumonia shot. I keep forgetting to get mine, which is not a good thing to do.

I was saying to Jill last night that I honestly do not know how you people take this for months and months. We only have it bad during Jan. and Feb., and even then, there are usually only a few days that it gets in single digits. I had heard that this was going to be a colder than normal winter, and I was already dreading it. I will take hot weather over cold any day, but I know some people are just as miserable in the heat, so we are all different. I think southern GA or northern FL would be a good place to be to avoid the cold, for the most part. :goodvibes

So good to see you posting and feeling better. I'm missing sunny Florida right now as this is when we usually go, so I'm really enjoying your pictures. We even talked about still going for a week and then my practical side kicked in. My dh really wants to spend next January there. We hope to find a reasonable house and then our kids can all come down and visit. When it gets below 0° we usually just stay home, and it's -10° right now. Today I will work on my scrapbook from our Nov. trip and enjoy looking at my pictures and imagine being warm, LOL.

Spending January in Florida would be wonderful! A month of sun and fun with family sounds much more appealing than being in the snow and cold of home.

I am staying in and staying warm today, too. I have plenty of sick days built up from over the years, because I normally don't get sick. Looks like I am going to be glad I stockpiled them as I enter my 'older' years. ;)

The Beach Club is beautiful! You're blessed to have stayed there. It is nice to see all the warm sunny pictures. We live so far south we don't normally get too cold during the winter but this year we have seen some cold. I'm looking forward to milder temps next month in Disney. Hopefully it won't be too cold like it was when we went Feb 2010. We had a rare snow the day we left and the cold followed us there. I'm hoping to post some sunny pictures on facebook while we're there.

I will be happy for all pictures that anyone shares. :banana: They will have to last me until July. I can do this, I can do this, I can do this....because I have to do this. Had I not wasted all that money on the December trip, I could have had a spring trip. :faint:

Oh. Memom! I was so far behind (like from August) and when I came to the part of you being sick on your last trip I was :eek: and :sad: I felt so bad for you, I'm glad to hear that you are on the mend now, though.

I was kind of :eek: and :sad:, too, my friend. At the time, I was too sick to really care much about anything but sleeping, but now that I am feeling better, I am so sad that I missed out on all the fun with my family and friends, all the Disney friends meets we had planned, the good meals we had planned, and seeing the resorts all decorated up for the holidays.

I love your beach club pictures. It is on my list to resort hop next trip. Dare I say I have never stepped foot on the boardwalk :rolleyes1

So happy you are feeling better.

I think you will love that Epcot resort area. Maybe you can plan to go to the Boardwalk in the evening so the girls can see some of the performers for a few minutes. That kind of adds to the fun and the atmosphere.

Thanks. I am staying in today to get a little better grip on this cold I managed to catch on Tuesday. Hope you guys are staying warm over on your side of Nashville.

I think Jill said she would be here to go to the Disney Store soon. She has to pick up a birthday present for someone. I'll let you know what her plans are, and maybe it will work out for you to come over to Opry Mills, too.

So glad to see you posting and I'm happy that you are taking the day off to take care of yourself! Use those sick days - that's what they are there for.

I am ready to hear all about the July plans. You are due for a great trip with lots of extra magic! pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter