Hagrid's Coaster Queue Updates / Questions / Reviews

Then again we got in line at 1:36 and were off at 2:17. Posted time was 60 minutes.

Currently stuck in the last tunnel before the final room in the queue. Ride is down and storm is a coming.
And Ruby Pass obtained. At 8:30 they officially ended today’s operations. A very wet walk back to the Royal Pacific.

We were able to ride Hagrid's on our trip last week. We probably waited about 1-1.25 hrs total and I would say about a third of that time was due to the ride being down. We had a blast. It's definitely a very fast and super fun coaster but I wouldn't wait that long to ride it again. I personally don't share the opinion of some reports that it's the best ride in Orlando. It's a great addition and thank goodness it's not screen based because there is way too much of that already but I wouldn't consider it the best. It will for sure be on our "must do" list every time as long we can get on in less than an hour.

Rode it for the first time yesterday. Joined the lines at the park entrance at about 8:15. Gates opened at 8:45. They were routing the Hagrids line to the right, past the theater. Took about ten minutes to reach the lockers. At this point the app said it was a 90mn wait, but that was for the end of the line. I was on about 30 minutes after the lockers. I was wearing a zip up graduation robe I turned into Ravenclaw robes years ago, and was told it had to come off to sit in the motorcycle. I wish the many cm lining the queue before the lockers would have said so- I would have left it in the locker. I was not impressed by the ride. I didn’t know much going in but based on publicity, expected to see tons of animatronics. I only saw four. The ride also gave me a headache. It was very bumpy/rough. I also didn’t get the story of the ride. Upon reading reviews afterwards, it turns out we skipped the preshow with Arthur that actually explains the ride. Turns out I missed several animatronics/props too. The ride moves too fast to take it all in. I won’t be riding it again. The headache is not worth it. Even with the stuff I missed, it doesn’t sound like there’s much to see. Gringotts is too much screens and not enough coaster; this is too much coaster and not enough story, and too rough. For me, Forbiddden Journey is still the best HP ride.

Rode it for the first time yesterday. Joined the lines at the park entrance at about 8:15. Gates opened at 8:45. They were routing the Hagrids line to the right, past the theater. Took about ten minutes to reach the lockers. At this point the app said it was a 90mn wait, but that was for the end of the line. I was on about 30 minutes after the lockers. I was wearing a zip up graduation robe I turned into Ravenclaw robes years ago, and was told it had to come off to sit in the motorcycle. I wish the many cm lining the queue before the lockers would have said so- I would have left it in the locker. I was not impressed by the ride. I didn’t know much going in but based on publicity, expected to see tons of animatronics. I only saw four. The ride also gave me a headache. It was very bumpy/rough. I also didn’t get the story of the ride. Upon reading reviews afterwards, it turns out we skipped the preshow with Arthur that actually explains the ride. Turns out I missed several animatronics/props too. The ride moves too fast to take it all in. I won’t be riding it again. The headache is not worth it. Even with the stuff I missed, it doesn’t sound like there’s much to see. Gringotts is too much screens and not enough coaster; this is too much coaster and not enough story, and too rough. For me, Forbiddden Journey is still the best HP ride.

That’s an interesting experience with you feeling it was rough. The first time I rode it was later in the day after Rip and Hulk, and both those killed my head. The difference in the experience for me between those and Hagrid’s was night and day.

I stayed away from Rip and Hulk the rest of my trip but did Hagrid’s multiple times.

I’m very sensitive to bumps/roughness on coasters...I didn’t think this would bother me as there was no headrest. I stopped riding coasters with headrests years ago. I know Hulk and Rip are much worse than Hagrid’s! I loved Hulk when I was a teen and coasters didn’t bother me; tried Rip exactly once years ago because reviews said it was smooth...not sure what the reviews were comparing it to, that one left my head pounding too. It was at that point I decided coasters with a head rest were an automatic no go for me.

reviews said it was smooth...not sure what the reviews were comparing it to

I want to know too. Maybe "smooth" compared to the Hulk? :laughing:

I used to ride RRR and Hulk too when younger, but in my late teens I started not going on then much either due to the head banging experience. I like headbanging sometimes to good music, but not a coaster.

I want to know too. Maybe "smooth" compared to the Hulk? :laughing:

I used to ride RRR and Hulk too when younger, but in my late teens I started not going on then much either due to the head banging experience. I like headbanging sometimes to good music, but not a coaster.

i think RRR depends heavily on which row you’re in. The front row on each cart is smooth. The others not so much.

i think RRR depends heavily on which row you’re in. The front row on each cart is smooth. The others not so much.

Yes, the back is always the roughest, the front being the smoothest. The same applies to simulators which is why I often suggest people who have issues with them, but want to go anyway, to tell them it's always best to request the front row and just let the TM know you're willing to wait for it.

Thrill Data says it’s closed today. Was it scheduled? We are going on Saturday and I chose IOA in hopes of riding it. I know they were still having delayed openings and early closings at time but I didn’t think it had long down times.

Yep, still says closed according to Universal's official app so it'll be interesting to know if it was closed from the very beginning and if there's any known, or rumored reasons as of why.

I adore Hagrids but would never ever want to ride it in heavy rain....even light rain would be painful!

Yep, still says closed according to Universal's official app so it'll be interesting to know if it was closed from the very beginning and if there's any known, or rumored reasons as of why.

It’s open now so it looks like it was just a delayed opening. I thought it might have been weather related but other outdoor rides were open.

Will be following wait time after Christmas to see if mid afternoon is still better with the post Christmas crowds.

We are new to Universal. My daughter uses a mobility scooter and can walk a short distance.

1) I assume she could use the scooter and walk on the ride?
2) Would using a wheelchair be better than the scooter?

Thanks.

We are new to Universal. My daughter uses a mobility scooter and can walk a short distance.

Thanks.
Other people may be able to advise if there's another option than using the regular queue for you, but if you do have to use the same line as everyone a wheelchair would most definitely be easier as there are some tight turns in the line - it's very twisty and I think a scooter would have more difficulty than a wheelchair.

Thanks.

Heads up this is a moving belt. They can stop it I believe. But the one time I asked it seemed to get forgotten. I didn’t mind so much. But you might have to remind them to slow the belt.

That being said I’m assuming when you say scooter your meaning ECV and I’m not sure how far into the queue you’ll be allowed to take it. I use a walker and was allowed to take it up until where we load. Considering the twists of the ramp to get down you might not be allowed to take it into the queue. You might want to consider renting a chair for the day since I remember hearing Universal isn’t the most friendly to ECVs in particular at times. If you want to know more check out the disabilities forums I had heard before from other users that TMs could be an issue if you have a device or use the disability pass. And while that wasn’t the case on my last trip in 2016 it was the case when I was first obtaining the pass and why I insisted my friend come with me when I went to get it. Hope you have a hastle free day. Hagrids is a blast and worth it in my opinion.

Different note I think the TMs know the posted times aren’t reflective of the actual waits. Since I used the Universal version of the DAS. Once I got past the issue of the TM not listening to why I needed the pass I had a good day at the park I had a great day at the park at least. Im just bringing this up since the return times I got were always consistently shorter then the posted. And more in line with what I’ve heard other people post as the actual times.

I would imagine if it's known to be difficult, or impossible to use a ECV in the queue they would have alternative route for those guests, or could provide temporarily a wheelchair. I seriously doubt if you had one of those and it was actually impossible to move in there they'd have an "oh well" attitude and not assist with getting onto the ride somehow.

)

Thanks.
I use a scooter and can’t walk very far. I asked at GR. They said my husband could push a wheelchair. The scooters are not allowed in the line.

Last edited:
I would imagine if it's known to be difficult, or impossible to use a ECV in the queue they would have alternative route for those guests, or could provide temporarily a wheelchair. I seriously doubt if you had one of those and it was actually impossible to move in there they'd have an "oh well" attitude and not assist with getting onto the ride somehow.

The problem there is I’ve heard it’s not always the easiest to find a transfer chair. Apparently they aren’t as attraction locked from what I remember reading. Thus why I was saying they might want to just opt for a chair that day. Instead of trying and losing times finding a transfer chair.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter