Gulf State Park DIS Meet 2019 (Episode 4)

Well after 6 months (minus the 1 week we did have it home) we brought the 5er home from the shop yesterday, just in time to start getting it all packed up for GSP. After the rough right through New Orleans with no signs of the crack in the wall coming back I hope this problem is solved.

Just got back from a 10 stay at the Fort, now to get ready for this meet-up.

I am going back and reading posts to see what I need. My group will have 2 rigs, myself, my DD and SIL, DGD and her husband. Also a few dogs (will not be joining group events).

Are golf carts needed?

Last edited:
Just got back from a 10 stay at the Fort, now to get ready for this meet-up.

I am going back and reading posts to see what I need. My group will have 2 rigs, myself, my DD and SIL, DGD and her husband. Also a few dogs (will not be joining group events).

Are golf carts needed?

Only allowed at GSP for disabilities. Currently I am trying to get a few of us on mental disability just for this reason.

GSP is a walk or bike sorta place and they have put A LOT of money into revamping the trails inside the park for just this reason.

i can't wait for the nurses to check out Mallory's wound. You guys may find it fascinating, the rest of us will just be sad. i keep hoping it will be better but in two weeks i am guessing it will be exactly the same, which i guess is better than worse.

Because of truck problems we will not make GSP, we will cancel site 3 tomorrow. For next year we are good on any decision made. Arnold is not sure when we will arrive for 2020 meet. Most likely end of Sept & hopefully we can stay 2 to 3 weeks. All have safe travels! Arnold has cooked up ribs & briskets for our GSP meet. I am really sad we will not be with everyone! Was excited to see all from last year & Michael’s new camper plus meeting new friends!

Sorry to hear. I saw your other post about the truck problems. I understand it is a long haul for a short stay. Hopefully we'll get to meet next year at the DIS Meet 2020.

j

I hate to hear that. Gonna miss you guys.

Hopefully we'll catch you on the 2020 run.

Ditto the regrets, Gloria. Best of luck to you and Arnold on getting the truck fixed.

Ed

Because of truck problems we will not make GSP, we will cancel site 3 tomorrow. For next year we are good on any decision made. Arnold is not sure when we will arrive for 2020 meet. Most likely end of Sept & hopefully we can stay 2 to 3 weeks. All have safe travels! Arnold has cooked up ribs & briskets for our GSP meet. I am really sad we will not be with everyone! Was excited to see all from last year & Michael’s new camper plus meeting new friends!

Sorry to hear that you will not be able to join us at GSP. Whomever ends up in site 3 is going to be in for a shock.....
Look forward to seeing you both next year.

Gloria and Arnold we are going to miss you and that food. I haven't read about your truck problems but I hope it's not real bad and you get it fixed. Due to some health issues and job insecurities because of them I am putting off buying a newer truck again. I am going to just nurse mine along and maybe get it painted. It's held up well and does the job I need so maybe it can go one more year.

So added some hooks in the basement of the trailer today, working on putting on a shelf in the outdoor kitchen cabinet, and got the siriusxm antenna installed. GSP is getting closer.

got the siriusxm antenna installed. GSP is getting closer.

70s on 7.

Rip the knob off. :music:

Only channel you need.

I've survived the rest.

Bama Ed

PS - although "The Bridge" on channel 32 is like 70s-2.

I was a teenager in the 70s, in college in the 80s, and music went to crap after that.

Just sayin' :rolleyes1

PPS-tell me what channels you have programmed on your XM buttons, Chris. I have:

#1-073 40s on 4 - Big Band. SWING!
#2-007 70s on 7 - best music IMO. Can't be contained on one channel. 032 "The Bridge" is my backup
#3-064 Bluegrass - Kyle Kantrell owns my morning drive time
#4-025 Classic Rewind - more 70s and the next channel, Classic Vinyl on 026 is what people need more of in their life
#5-148 Old Time Radio - comedy is hard this decade. but this channel, particularly Jack Benny episodes, let us laugh at Jack. He was one of the first on radio to let us laugh at the host (himself) rather than other people.

the rest of the channels are sports/news/religion but those are my faves.

Chris, what do you and DW like to listen to? It's a long ride down to Gulf Shores.

PPPS - some of the buttons are programmed for "near". I have a button for the 70s but there is SOME music I'll listen to next channel up on 008 "80s on 8" and less next door on "90s on 9". Same in the 20's. Margatritaville channel is down there somewhere along with Deep Tracks. So some button are just to get me into the neighborhood of channels.

Last edited:
Leaving GSP tomorrow after being here for a week. Have to make room for all the Dis members arriving. I was able to find WiFi signal in front of the pool building and outside the nature center on the top deck. I wasn’t able to get a signal near the laundry room or camp store. Bring insect repellent . DH and I have so many mosquito and yellow fly bites we look like we have chicken pox . Lots of itching and scratching . Some of the picnic tables have new wood. I was lucky enough to get one of the new ones. We had a great time. Moving over to Fort Pickens campground in Pensacola tomorrow after making a stop at the Naval Aviation Museum.

70s on 7.

Rip the knob off. :music:

Only channel you need.

I've survived the rest.

Bama Ed

PS - although "The Bridge" on channel 32 is like 70s-2.

I was a teenager in the 70s, in college in the 80s, and music went to crap after that.

Just sayin' :rolleyes1

PPS-tell me what channels you have programmed on your XM buttons, Chris. I have:

#1-073 40s on 4 - Big Band. SWING!
#2-007 70s on 7 - best music IMO. Can't be contained on one channel. 032 "The Bridge" is my backup
#3-064 Bluegrass - Kyle Kantrell owns my morning drive time
#4-025 Classic Rewind - more 70s and the next channel, Classic Vinyl on 026 is what people need more of in their life
#5-148 Old Time Radio - comedy is hard this decade. but this channel, particularly Jack Benny episodes, let us laugh at Jack. He was one of the first on radio to let us laugh at the host (himself) rather than other people.

the rest of the channels are sports/news/religion but those are my faves.

Chris, what do you and DW like to listen to? It's a long ride down to Gulf Shores.

PPPS - some of the buttons are programmed for "near". I have a button for the 70s but there is SOME music I'll listen to next channel up on 008 "80s on 8" and less next door on "90s on 9". Same in the 20's. Margatritaville channel is down there somewhere along with Deep Tracks. So some button are just to get me into the neighborhood of channels.

Well it was DW's christmas present, as she did have a longer drive to work. Now mine is longer, but I have my cd's.
The presets are all for her, all the country stations. I know that the 70's on 7, 80's on 8 are there, as I was born in 70, enjoy those. The channel we agreed upon for the trip to TN was Roadtrip channel 301, so we will most likely do that again for the long trip down.
We had it in the chevy before, in the big truck we do not but I got DW the Onyx so it travels between vehicles with us.

XM?

Ozzy's Boneyard, Lithium if it's just me in the truck. :worship: :rockband:
If the girls are with me it's either Laugh USA or Radio Disney

Gloria told me that we got a deal on the XM but we can only get Channel 19 (Elvis). What happened to the truck, is the turbo went out. Should be fixed this week.

:offtopic: Has anyone stayed at/drove through Sugar Sands RV Resort in Gulf Shores?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter