Gulf State Park DIS Meet 2019 (Episode 4)

Jim you can put me on that ride list too. The curves are fun on my Harley but that looks like fun too. Oh and thanks Randy. It's not much. Just my new grill, 5 or six bicycles and 3 large metal patio chairs and a large yeti type cooler along with my kayak. Oh and the Harley too so I can chase Jim.

Hey GSP Campers,

I know you all are going to have a great time. We will be at FW while you are there at GSP. We just stayed a week (Easter/Spring Break) at GSP down Canal Road and had a great time as always. You all have a great time and keep my home campground well! I look forward to seeing the progress of the newest puzzle and I need Randy to give us an update of the kill count with the Bug A Salt. I am obsessed with the little gun!

Enjoy campers!

Was wondering if some of the pumps would be easily accessible for trucks pulling campers. RV pumps if you will. If anyone is around the place and happens to check it out let us know. It certainly looked impressive last time I rode by in October.

Hey Michael,

There is plenty of room for trucks pulling campers to access pumps at Buc-ees. Also, enough snacks inside to choke a mule.

Enjoy the trip!

Well I have officially called Gulf and changed my arrival date to Sunday May 26 due to both DW and mine's work schedules. Should roll in about supper time.

Randy would you know Patrick's site number and dates that I can add to post #1 and will Nic W. be joining us this year? Would like to get his site number and dates or remove his name if not.

See ya'll then. :wave2:

Ed

PS - also for the newcomers, the yellow flies do come out at dusk in the evenings so I am bringing very light long pants and a shirt to put over my shorts and tshirt during that time. In a prior post rocketmom mentioned they were out already at Gulf and they do bite and leave a big mark.

Last edited:
We'll Ed, hate you'll be a little late but as long as you're there. We'll have you a plate ready, whatever the menu item of the evening is that day. If not, I'll make you a ham sandwich :thumbsup2

Better late than never Ed. We'll have dinner ready most likely. Today I ordered the movie projection screen. Tomorrow I will go buy the smoker. Things are coming together nicely and the weather looks good so far. Just out of curiosity. I know people in this group are not big drinkers per se. But if I showed up with a cooler of kungaloosh would there be any drank ? I have a 2 gallon igloo water keg I would use. It would last a couple days I'm sure.

if I showed up with a cooler of kungaloosh would there be any drank ? I have a 2 gallon igloo water keg I would use. It would last a couple days I'm sure.
Did you ask that with a straight face? :D I'm guessing a 2 gallon cooler will only last a few HOURS.

I'm in! and if you want some good vodka to add in, let me know.

j

Okay sounds good but there are two recipes to choose from old versus newer. Just have to pick it out and get the quantities right. The newer one is a frozen mix. So I think we should will try the older version. But I'm up for either one if people have a preference. And Jim you are welcome to supply the Vodka. I have some Stoli in my bar stash but you might have something better.

Old Kungaloosh Recipe — Circa 1997

1 1/4 ounce vodka
1 1/4 ounce Malibu Rum
3/4 ounce Midori (melon liqueur)
2 tablespoons pineapple juice
1 splash cranberry juice

Mix well.

New Kungaloosh Recipe — since 2000 or so

1 cup Daily's Strawberry Daiquiri Mix
1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum
1/4 cup blackberry brandy

Being just me and youngest DD I'll have to pass Joe, but otherwise...

Well, just acquired a milk can for a Mickey Lamp base. The can is in pretty good shape, with surface rust, but not too bad. We opened the can and the newspaper inside is from Feb 1974.
I don't think we will have it decorated or even ready for the Gulf Dismeet.

Old Kungaloosh Recipe — Circa 1997

1 1/4 ounce vodka
1 1/4 ounce Malibu Rum
3/4 ounce Midori (melon liqueur)
2 tablespoons pineapple juice
1 splash cranberry juice

Mix well.

New Kungaloosh Recipe — since 2000 or so

1 cup Daily's Strawberry Daiquiri Mix
1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum
1/4 cup blackberry brandy
New style sounds great if we had a slushy machine. Set it up in the back of my truck and run it off the inverter. I'd never need to leave the beach.

But Old style is good too. I might skip on the pineapple juice, but I doubt it is noticeable.

I'll have the Grey Goose in the camper.

j

Brought the camper home the other day. I wanted to clean out all the stuff that accumulates over the season. Put in some beach stuff (umbrellas, short chairs), put some hooks in the front basement to hold the umbrellas and poles, fix a small air leak in one of the water valves. It only drips when filling the onboard tank, but lets air into the system and the pump has to re-prime if it sits too long.

I'm debating if I'll wash it or take it down to Blue Beacon and let them do the truck and camper. 3 1/5 more days of work and we'll be on our way.

20190518_122119-1008x756.jpg

j

Phase one of my prep done today, washed the camper. Tomorrow probably going to pull everything out underneath and see what I have/need. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Truck washed and filled up with diesel including the reserve tank (fuel here is Meridian is about 0.20 to 0.30 cents cheaper than it is in GS and that price will go up down there starting Thursday to take advantage of the vacationers.

NOT ME!
Suckers!

Gonna wash camper tomorrow. Need DW to help me with washing the roof. First time I've had to wash a fifth wheel and figure if the water hose falls off the roof she can help me by saving me all the ladder crawling.

Otherwise, she is packed up. Only things missing are the clothes (They are already separated and hanging in our closet) and the towels. I'll likely get all the groceries once we are there since my nephew is house sitting for us so he'll have something to eat.

I got call this weekend in the hospital so I have to stay close which gives me excuses to work on it. I also took my Mickey Lamp milkcan and finished the bottom of the can. I had originally not painted it but I sprayed it with rubberized undercoating to help with the abrasion of sitting on the pavement.

Plan is Thursday I'll get the grass cut and hook the camper up. As soon as youngest DD gets home you guys will see the customary Burt Reynolds...

Phase one of my prep done today, washed the camper. Tomorrow probably going to pull everything out underneath and see what I have/need. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

I take your post as a positive indicator on your wife, Bishoparc. I did remember her and you this past week starting on Monday. And IIRC she has a follow-up this week.

Me, I'm gonna get out in the Aliner tomorrow to start the prep.

Oh and did I mention I have some news to share with the group when I get down there about my 2020 Gulf plans? :rolleyes1

ED

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter