Guess what! I did it!!

KatDisney

<font color=teal><i>Announcer:</i> <font color=roy
Ladies - i just wanted to share something that I am very proud of myself for doing. i quit smoking! yup, after 18 years of off and on smoking I came to the point in my life where I knew I needed to quit. While i was in Disneyland I started backing off almost cold turkey. But I was down from half a pack a day to only 2. today marks my one week. I haven't had one since last Sunday night.

It has taken everything in me not to buy a pack or bum one from anyone at work. I have gotten cravings so bad i feel like I could chew off someones head. I get this huge knot in my chest when i want one and I breath deep and try to calm my anxiety.

Anyways I wanted to share more because the support of friends makes it easier for me.

:cheer2: Congratulations!!! That is truly excellent news!!:cheer2:

CONGRATULATIONS, KAT!!!!:dance3:

I am so, so proud of you!!

My mom quit cold turkey about 5 years ago, and she still says it's hard, but she's glad she did it!!

Just think. . .this'll give you so many, many more healthy years for the DIS!!!

:cheer2:

Good for you!

Just think of all the money you will save which you can use for DL, scrapping, or that WDW trip you've been wanting to take.

You can go to this website and make some code to stick in your sig file

http://www.quitsmokingcounter.com/

WOW Kat GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!!!:banana: :cool1: :cheer2:

i am so very,very proud of you! keep up the good work!!!! you can do it!!!

Yeah!!!! Good for you!!!!!

:) Very happy for you..and going cold turkey.. while at Disney.. Tell DH you deserve another Disney trip as a reward!!! ;)

thanks so much ladies your going to make me cry. It's been a really rough day and this knot in my chest won't go away. I had to get a migraine shot today I think it started because the not smoking is stressing me out but i am determined to do this.

I can't figure out how to post the counter thing ;(

Oh, Kat! That is wonderful! I'm so proud of you. I know you can do it! Take it one day at a time. :hug: We're here if you need us!:flower3:

WAY TO GO KAT!!!!

I am sooooo proud of you Watson!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Dh quit cold turkey a few years ago. I finally had enough and told him he couldn't smoke on our property. He never smoked in the house or the car. But I refused to hold his hand or kiss him. LOL

We are here to cheer you on girlfriend!!! I think I will get you something super special when you hit the one month mark! ;)

Wow!!! That is AWESOME! Keep up the good work! You can do it- you have a huge cheerleader squad on the DIS!!! :cheer2:

You all are so awesome! I'm sure I will be leaning on you all as the first few days were super hard but it seems like when I'm at work it's REALLY hard. i never smoked in my house or cars and never around my kids. i figured it was my habit not theirs.

I'm still trying to figure out how to get the counter to work.

I thought that site had a BBcode option, but now that I look it doesn't. It has Html which we can't use here. Someone on the community board had a nice siggy thing, so I will keep looking for one for you.

COngrats. Just think of all the extra money you will have to buy scrapbooking stuff and to swap!
S :)

Good for you!!!!! In the time you have stopped smoking your lungs are getting clearer already and extending your life!! There are other benefits as well, but that is a biggie! Congratulations.

Good suggestion NEE had to call your doctor for assistance to help you along.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter