Guarantee Status vs. IGT/OGT/VGT

I know the differences between the two, but I'm still searching for this answer. We have a GTY booked for our Southern cruise this Oct. If they assign us a room and we really don't like it (from reading reviews) can we change that room if there is still availability? I'm torn between switching from 9C to 9B as we haven't been on deck 2 and what's on deck 3 worries me. Could we change it before we sail?

I don't know if you can change it; I would call DCL to confirm. We love deck 2 and have stayed many times but always choosing our cabin ourselves. If I were to book GTY for cat 9, I would book the 9B if it's still affordable for you. Simply because 9C means you will likely end up far forward, or far aft. Far forward feels more up and down motion with the waves than mid ship and then far aft would feel more vibration from the engine and thrusters. We love aft but near the aft elevators. We've never stayed more aft than 2118. Personally, we love being right near the aft elevators. People don't like being near an elevator due to more traffic & noise but we never found that to be the case & stayed in 2118 & 2618 and loved them both.
hth :goodvibes

We are booked on a cruise 10/2015 that went to guarantee status in 1 day after open day. My question is does your castaway club status has any perks to the asigment of cabin numbers? We booked the cat we would be happy with, just never booked guarantee before.

I booked a 7 Day VGT cruise on Fantasy ( West Carb) for Jun 21st about two weeks ago. 3 People in Cabin ( 1 adult and 2 kids).. PD $6043 ( 2366 X 2 & 1309 X 1) Still waiting for room assignment.. Will try to upgrade at port..

First Disney Cruise.. pirate:pirate:pirate:

Update on VGT status...

Room assigned 10 days before cruise.. Deluxe Verandah room on 8th floor.. I was hoping to be upgraded to Deluxe family, but it's not that much of difference.. Happy to be on 8 instead of 4 or 5..

Hi, all. My family booked a last minute VGT on the Disney Dream for a 4-day Bahamiam cruise for June 22, 2014. We received our room assignment 11 days out from the cruise - on June 11th.

Pleasantly surprised to get room 5660, a Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah. It is a Category 4E with oversized verandah. :cool1:

*~*~*
The only other time I've cruised was on the Disney Fantasy where we stayed in room 9646 (and room 9644 for connecting rooms), a Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah. It was a Category 5A. Since we had both rooms, we opened the verandah for a much more room.

I'm thinking I'm going to :love: sitting on the verandah in a lounge chair. :) :banana:

Last year I booked a VGT rate for the July 6th sailing on Fantasy and received assignment on June 26th. Was assigned a cabin on the 8th deck midship. Very pleased. I recently booked a VGT rate for the July 12th Fantasy sailing and anxiously awaiting cabin assignment as we speak. Hoping to have as good of luck as last year.

Can you combine on board booking discount and credits with any of the guaranteed bookings? We go on our 2nd cruise in November and already know we want to book again. I'm just wondering if we can do both if our next sailing has already opened up for VGT.

Thank you!

I've seen a lot of confusion about the difference between a Guarantee Status Stateroom and IGT/OGT/VGT bookings.

What is Guarantee Status?

Guarantee Status means that when you book a particular category, Disney is not able to assign you a stateroom number at the time of booking. As you get closer to your sail date, Disney will assign you a room number. You can end up in any stateroom that is in the category you booked. However, at their discretion, Disney may upgrade you. It's not necessarily likely that you'll receive an upgrade - but it is possible.

If you try to book a stateroom and you want to be next to or near (or maybe, even - far away from) a particular stateroom, you may wish to book a the next highest category so you can confirm a particular stateroom number where you need it.

This is just like any other Disney Cruise Line booking. There's nothing special about; other than the fact that you won't know which particular stateroom you're in. All the normal deposit, change and cancellation policies will apply.

On some confirmations/documentation, you'll see this referred to as "GTY". That's an abbreviation for Guarantee status.

Guarantee status is similar to a room assignment. Suppose you book category 8A. You go to pick a room, and you must select "guarantee status". You would then talk about this as "category 8A, guarantee status".

What is IGT/OGT/VGT?

IGT/OGT/VGT is a special type of discount program. In return for some very strict cancellation/change policies, Disney will sell you a stateroom that is an Inside Stateroom (IGT), and Oceanview Stateroom (OGT) or a Verandah Stateroom (VGT). You can end up in ANY category on a particular ship that is within the those types of staterooms.

Categories for staterooms on the Wonder/Magic:
Inside (IGT): 10A, 10B, 10C, 11A, 11B, 11C
Oceanview (OGT): 9A, 9B, 9C, 9D
Verandah (VGT): 4A, 4B, 4E, 5A, 5B, 5C, 6A, 7A

Categories for staterooms on the Dream/Fantasy:
Inside (IGT): 10A, 11A, 11B, 11C
Oceanview (OGT): 8A, 8B, 8C, 8D, 9A, 9B, 9C, 9D
Verandah (VGT): 4A, 4B, 4C, 4D, 4E, 5A, 5B, 5C, 5D, 5E, 6A, 6B, 7A

IGT/OGT/VGT staterooms are not available on every sailing. If they're available for the sailing you're looking at, it will be the first option listed when you click on "Inside Staterooms", "Oceanview Staterooms" or "Staterooms with Verandah" on the Disney Cruise Line booking engine.

When you book one of these rooms, you can end up in ANY of the above listed categories that falls into the class you booked (Inside, Oceanview or Verandah). In exchange for the lower price, you give up not only knowing where your stateroom will be, but also which category it will be. Further, no changes are permitted to one of these booking. Payment is due, in full, at the time of booking. Once it's booked, THAT'S IT. No changes. No sail date changes. No passenger changes. No name changes. Nothing. It is also completely non-refundable. You will lose everything if you try to cancel one of these. Additionally, once you are assigned a stateroom, again - that's it. You have no recourse to change the room.

The only way one of these staterooms is similar to Guarantee Status is that you don't know where the room will be located.

IGT/OGT/VGT is a stateroom CATEGORY. If you book one of these, you refer to it as OGT, IGT or VGT. (Or, if you're speaking of them in general terms, people will sometimes say *GT or XGT)

There's a lot of posts on the board that confuse the two. If you're wondering when you'll get out of Guarantee Status and have a stateroom assignment, you can refer to "guarantee status", "guarantee", "gty" or "GTY" in your question or post.

If you're wondering when you'll get your stateroom assignment based on an IGT/OGT/VGT, reference it as IGT, OGT or VGT.

Hopefully that will help clear up the confusion between the two. :)

Thank you for that great explanation....

Finally got our VGT cabin assignments for the 7/24 Dream sailing. Seven days before sailing. I suspect it took longer than normal to get the cabin assignment because we had two VGT cabins. We wound up with adjacent cabins so they may have taken longer than usual to find two together.

Our past experience with VGT was that we got our (single) cabin # 13 days ahead.

We are 13 days out from cruise on Dream and finally got a room number. We had booked an GTY OGT in June for July 31st trip. They gave us room 8000. A little disappointed because I was hoping for some thing a little nicer. This room is at the front of the ship far from anything and apparently you have to duck to look out the porthole because the room is slanted. Oh well...

We are 13 days out from cruise on Dream and finally got a room number. We had booked an GTY OGT in June for July 31st trip. They gave us room 8000. A little disappointed because I was hoping for some thing a little nicer. This room is at the front of the ship far from anything and apparently you have to duck to look out the porthole because the room is slanted. Oh well...

1st time in Disney Cruise .. 4 days bahamas on Aug 3rd .... booked OGT - still not room assigned!!! Booked about 2 weeks back. Anxiously waiting, as wife and daughter don't want Deck2 - personally i don't care - as long as it is quiet area.

14 days out and I've been assigned my OGT on the Wonder. I'm on deck two in a 9C, I got what I paid for and am thrilled to not have to cook and clean for a week.

Update on VGT status...

Room assigned 10 days before cruise.. Deluxe Verandah room on 8th floor.. I was hoping to be upgraded to Deluxe family, but it's not that much of difference.. Happy to be on 8 instead of 4 or 5..

This will be our first cruise with Disney (& only cruised twice before so a newbie). We will be booking 3 verandah staterooms...one for me & DH, one for DS & friend, and the last for DS, wife & 2 grandchildren (ages 2 & almost 1) on the Fantasy next May 2015.

Could you be so kind as to letting me know why you would prefer to be on 8 instead of 4 or 5?

I was told lower deck and midship helps cut down on the sway so hopefully the DS's and the rest won't get seasick since this is their first sailing.

I was looking at a cat 05E, so does that mean it would be on the 5th floor? As I told you a newbie at this! Any help will be greatly appreciated!:flower3:

First time cruiser, heading out on the Disney Dream in December. We decided to take a gamble and try the GTY. We are guaranteed a 08C deluxe family ocean view stateroom. I'm curious to see how this GTY plays out, but as another poster said, I'm thrilled just to be going. :thumbsup2 I'll keep ya posted.

First time cruiser, heading out on the Disney Dream in December. We decided to take a gamble and try the GTY. We are guaranteed a 08C deluxe family ocean view stateroom. I'm curious to see how this GTY plays out, but as another poster said, I'm thrilled just to be going. :thumbsup2 I'll keep ya posted.

If you were able to book a specific category such as 8C, that is not an IGT/OGT/VGT reservation. There is another thread that tracks GTY cabin assignments.
This thread is about IGT/OGT/VGT reservations which is somewhat last-minute offer by DCL and is very restrictive: no cancellation, no name change, no request for cabin or category change, etc. Basically you get what you get and that's it.
These are discounted rates typically only offered by DCL after the final payment due date to help fill the ship and the guest booking can only choose whether their cabin is inside, outside, or verandah. All else is left up to DCL. Their cabin assignments are also very last minute, as in less than 2 weeks prior to sailing.

HTH. :goodvibes

Booked a Disney Dream 3 night Oct 2, 2014 cruise in late April through Costco travel gty for outside stateroom verandah. Received the state room right after we paid the remaining deposit early July. 10504. Deck 10, Cat 6a

It's in the front of the ship under the Spa. I read it's quiet at night since the spa is empty at night, but the front of the ship might be rocky.:sick:

Booked a Disney Dream 3 night Oct 2, 2014 cruise in late April through Costco travel gty for outside stateroom verandah. Received the state room right after we paid the remaining deposit early July. 10504. Deck 10, Cat 6a

It's in the front of the ship under the Spa. I read it's quiet at night since the spa is empty at night, but the front of the ship might be rocky.
:sick:

I'm pretty sure I understand what *GT bookings are and how they work. My only question whether we would ever be able to take advantage of this as a family of 5 in one stateroom. I know that some of the categories include rooms that hold five, but we would need at cat 4 specifically, right? So does that mean it would just never be offered to me if I am searching for 2 adults, 3 children, or that by finding and booking one I would automatically end up with a room that sleeps 5 because I'd have to list all of the travelers at booking?

I'm pretty sure I understand what *GT bookings are and how they work. My only question whether we would ever be able to take advantage of this as a family of 5 in one stateroom. I know that some of the categories include rooms that hold five, but we would need at cat 4 specifically, right? So does that mean it would just never be offered to me if I am searching for 2 adults, 3 children, or that by finding and booking one I would automatically end up with a room that sleeps 5 because I'd have to list all of the travelers at booking?

It depends what ship you're looking at. On the Dream & Fantasy there are cat 8 (window) cabins that sleep 5.
Search for the number of guests you want in one cabin and if *GT fares are available, it would show in search results. Your cabin will sleep the number of guests that you search for and book.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter