Guarantee Status vs. IGT/OGT/VGT

I've seen a bunch of posts on these reservations. Does anyone know what kind of savings your getting on these cruises? Such as what the normal price is, and what you paid, difference. I havent seen many posts with this info. Didnt know if its worth the hunt.

I've seen a bunch of posts on these reservations. Does anyone know what kind of savings your getting on these cruises? Such as what the normal price is, and what you paid, difference. I havent seen many posts with this info. Didnt know if its worth the hunt.

I was wondering the same thing. We are looking to do the Dream in the summer but I am trying to estimate cost compared to other options.

Does anyone know if we can request a certain deck or in our case request to not be on a certain deck? We've never done VGT before so we have no idea how it works.

You can't request anything for the I/O/VGT rates and can't request a change once it's been assigned either. It's a gamble! But the great rate is usually worth it!

I book a VGT on this year's 9 nighter Alaska cruise. I have a few questions about how they fill the cabins. Do they go from the highest class to lowest in the category or lowest to highest? Do the people who book VGT get put in an order like the first person to book it is #1, 2nd #2 etc? The reason I ask is because I want to know are people who book VGT (or the other fares) later or closer to cruise time more likely to get the better rooms because the original VGTs were already assigned from the lower categories? I am just very excited to have a verandah in Alaska. It was my dream but with the difference in regular prices of inside cat 11c vs lowest class of verandah there was no way I could justify the price difference. Now I totally can!!!

Thanks

I've done VGT before and people who booked VGT after me got rooms in the same category as well as higher categories. Same with people who booked earlier. I think it's random. They used to try to keep linked cabins near each other but people have been saying not to count on that anymore with people with linked cabins winding up on different floors.

I just booked a VGT rate for a last minute cruise, 4 nights on the Dream.....3 weeks away.:cool1:
We are paying $708 each, for the first 2 adults in the cabin.
Opening day price for this cruise for the least expensive inside cabin (11C) was $700.I think we got a great deal, we are thrilled.
That said, the discounts vary, it depends on the time of year, how popular/full the cruise is, etc.

First time cruiser, first time DCL. Glad I found this site and helped me understand the whole story about IGT/OGT/VGT.
Now my assumption is that DCL decides which date/cruise/type gets the treatment based on how many rooms are left. Would it be safe to say that if one were to hope that his selected date gets this treatment, should not hold on to any rooms to keep the number of rooms available as low as possible? I am aiming for 11 May on Dream and I think it will be coming up with the next round of VGTs in a week or two. I want to get the best deal possible and hold off on the purchase until I can be sure I won't get a deal.
I guess my question is what are the chances of VGT for this date/cruise or should I just throw in the towel and book it. Any disadvantage in sticking to my guns? Also is it still possible to request to be seated with my friends for dinner if I sign up late for the cruise via VGT?

Thanks for any advise
Sincerely yours
Noob

I think I understand the IGT/OGT/VGT but can someone who has booked Guarantee status please give me some insite? This is our 1st DCL cruise. We have been on one other cruise. I did not realize we didn't pick a room until we bought and paid for our cruise. I don't think it will be a huge deal but know there are a limited #of cabins for cat. 06a. Just wondering what to expect.....
Thanks.

I think I understand the IGT/OGT/VGT but can someone who has booked Guarantee status please give me some insite? This is our 1st DCL cruise. We have been on one other cruise. I did not realize we didn't pick a room until we bought and paid for our cruise. I don't think it will be a huge deal but know there are a limited #of cabins for cat. 06a. Just wondering what to expect.....
Thanks.

let another noob tell you :D I just booked 6a Guaranteed too :D On the Dream this category is in the aft section on Deck 8 or 9. You are guaranteed a room in this category or better. In my case I booked Tue and Wed they assigned a room number. You have to check your booking as you will not get any notifications.

let another noob tell you :D I just booked 6a Guaranteed too :D On the Dream this category is in the aft section on Deck 8 or 9. You are guaranteed a room in this category or better. In my case I booked Tue and Wed they assigned a room number. You have to check your booking as you will not get any notifications.

GTY rates get assigned about 50 days out and GT rates about 10 days out. You are definitely right you have to keep checking your reservation DCL won't notify you .

anyone know when VGT etc rates come out? We are crusing in August of 2014 but are looking to move our cruise a week later but it is alot more expensive now than when we booked...any idea if and when VGT may become available?

We are thinking of taking the Oct 4th Fantasy. I have been watching prices for awhile now and they have not changed. I would really like to get a GT ratepixiedust:. Should I hold out or just book. Really don't care where we are on the ship. It would be 2A and 2K (11,13).

anyone know when VGT etc rates come out? We are crusing in August of 2014 but are looking to move our cruise a week later but it is alot more expensive now than when we booked...any idea if and when VGT may become available?

They have released some GT rates for July. They won't come out until after the PIF date. Sometimes it's right after the PIF date and sometimes it's just a couple of weeks before the cruise. It's really hare to say, but I would start checking everyday after the PIF date.

They have released some GT rates for July. They won't come out until after the PIF date. Sometimes it's right after the PIF date and sometimes it's just a couple of weeks before the cruise. It's really hare to say, but I would start checking everyday after the PIF date.

I know the differences between the two, but I'm still searching for this answer. We have a GTY booked for our Southern cruise this Oct. If they assign us a room and we really don't like it (from reading reviews) can we change that room if there is still availability? I'm torn between switching from 9C to 9B as we haven't been on deck 2 and what's on deck 3 worries me. Could we change it before we sail?

I booked a 7 Day VGT cruise on Fantasy ( West Carb) for Jun 21st about two weeks ago. 3 People in Cabin ( 1 adult and 2 kids).. PD $6043 ( 2366 X 2 & 1309 X 1) Still waiting for room assignment.. Will try to upgrade at port..

First Disney Cruise.. pirate:pirate:pirate:

I booked a 7 Day VGT cruise on Fantasy ( West Carb) for Jun 21st about two weeks ago. 3 People in Cabin ( 1 adult and 2 kids).. PD $6043 ( 2366 X 2 & 1309 X 1) Still waiting for room assignment.. Will try to upgrade at port..

First Disney Cruise.. pirate:pirate:pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter