Group Costume 2025 MW Thread

Which race day(s) are you interested in group costumes? (up to two choices)

• Total voters
1. I'm not dis-ing the flag shirts (see what I did there....)
2. This would in in addition to the flag shirts, if anyone is interested in also having a shirt for those of us on the DIS-board.

I've already got a design in my head, which means I now need to sketch it out in order to get it out of my head (it's scary in there, I know) and move on...
Gotcha. I wasn't 100% sure which direction you were going with your idea, but I didn't want you to sit down and spend hours arranging flags when someone else has already done that. ;)

So this is what I have been picturing, with the "Dis is what we do!" on the front and the stylized map on the back.
And preferably drawn by someone with better art skills than I have. It's meant to be representative of our group, and not any particular distance race.
Let me know what you think..

Attachments

• D_back.jpeg
    D_back.jpeg
    50.3 KB · Views: 35
  • D_front.jpeg
    D_front.jpeg
    47.8 KB · Views: 33
So this is what I have been picturing, with the "Dis is what we do!" on the front and the stylized map on the back.
And preferably drawn by someone with better art skills than I have. It's meant to be representative of our group, and not any particular distance race.
I love that the map is almost a hidden Mickey

This is really cute!

Can I just say that I'm so excited that the number of people interested in participating just keeps inching up? If interest translates into participating we are going to have one awesome group picture!

The Epcot flag shirt was the winner of voting for the 10k group (by several votes) with the Football idea coming in a strong 2nd, and Kakamora/Penguins tying for 3rd.

SS weekend is over, so it's back to decision-making! Let's hear from the HM runners! We can source from the list we've already generated (including keeping the flag shirt idea on the table) but I feel like we should at least give it a couple of days for thoughts since there has been a trickle of people joining in. And I think we can all agree that a costume for the HM is going to have slightly different considerations than a 10k. As a reminder, these are the ideas we initially generated:

• old timey sports costumes. (Think of the Goofy Learns Football short.) Football players, cheerleaders, band members, folks in the crowd, etc. This allows for a lot of different costumes of different comfort levels and duplication doesn't matter much.

• Fantasia characters: ballerinas, sorcerer mickey, the wizard, the crocodiles, etc.

• Penguins (and possibly bert/mary) from mary poppins

• CMs/characters from a particular ride, show or restaurant, either matching or not. We really liked the idea of the old school Epcot CM outfit of all the flags from World Showcase in particular.

• animals from Lion King/FOTLK

• Mouseketeers

• Kakamora (the coconut guys from Moana)

• Zootopia animals

• Villians

Let's give this until Wednesday for any additional ideas, and then we can vote through the weekend.

Can I just say that I'm so excited that the number of people interested in participating just keeps inching up? If interest translates into participating we are going to have one awesome group picture!

The Epcot flag shirt was the winner of voting for the 10k group (by several votes) with the Football idea coming in a strong 2nd, and Kakamora/Penguins tying for 3rd.

SS weekend is over, so it's back to decision-making! Let's hear from the HM runners! We can source from the list we've already generated (including keeping the flag shirt idea on the table) but I feel like we should at least give it a couple of days for thoughts since there has been a trickle of people joining in. And I think we can all agree that a costume for the HM is going to have slightly different considerations than a 10k. As a reminder, these are the ideas we initially generated:

• old timey sports costumes. (Think of the Goofy Learns Football short.) Football players, cheerleaders, band members, folks in the crowd, etc. This allows for a lot of different costumes of different comfort levels and duplication doesn't matter much.

• Fantasia characters: ballerinas, sorcerer mickey, the wizard, the crocodiles, etc.

• Penguins (and possibly bert/mary) from mary poppins

• CMs/characters from a particular ride, show or restaurant, either matching or not. We really liked the idea of the old school Epcot CM outfit of all the flags from World Showcase in particular.

• animals from Lion King/FOTLK

• Mouseketeers

• Kakamora (the coconut guys from Moana)

• Zootopia animals

• Villians

Let's give this until Wednesday for any additional ideas, and then we can vote through the weekend.
I vote for 'Old Timey Sports Costumes' as I really want to get a Medfield or Medford (or maybe Biddle Bible Class) shirt, and then I could be on-theme!

is this a disney reference I am completely missing?

Medfield College is from The Absent-Minded Professor and The Son of Flubber, the Dexter Riley trilogy (The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes, Now You See Him Now You Don't, and The Strongest Man in the World), The Shaggy D.A., and the Robin Williams Flubber remake.

Medford College is from The Misadventures of Merlin Jones and The Monkey's Uncle

Biddle Bible Class is from The Happiest Millionaire

Medfield College is from The Absent-Minded Professor and The Son of Flubber, the Dexter Riley trilogy (The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes, Now You See Him Now You Don't, and The Strongest Man in the World), The Shaggy D.A., and the Robin Williams Flubber remake.

Medford College is from The Misadventures of Merlin Jones and The Monkey's Uncle

Biddle Bible Class is from The Happiest Millionaire
ahhh. I even pulled up the the 'How to Play Football' short to see if those were the team names, but those are Taxidermy Tech and Anthropology A&M.

I am SO excited to potentially have such a big group participate!

For HM I still really like the sports idea.

In very close second is Mouseketeers. Mostly because while spectating the marathon, I loved being able to shout out the names of those who had them on the front of their shirts (bibs are too hard to read). I know some folks may not be comfortable with using their real names, but you could totally use a vintage Mouseketeer name instead.

I really like all these ideas and am curious to see what the group lands on!

I am SO excited to potentially have such a big group participate!

For HM I still really like the sports idea.

In very close second is Mouseketeers. Mostly because while spectating the marathon, I loved being able to shout out the names of those who had them on the front of their shirts (bibs are too hard to read). I know some folks may not be comfortable with using their real names, but you could totally use a vintage Mouseketeer name instead.

I really like all these ideas and am curious to see what the group lands on!
There were a bunch of Mouseketeers in the races this weekend, and more in the parks for Dapper Days

I wonder how much overlap there is between the 10k and HM runners participating?

Might just be wishful thinking, but I wouldn't want to prematurely remove the flag shirt option for the HM too just in case there are a lot of Goofy's/HM only participants...

I wonder how much overlap there is between the 10k and HM runners participating?

Might just be wishful thinking, but I wouldn't want to prematurely remove the flag shirt option for the HM too just in case there are a lot of Goofy's/HM only participants...
There’s not that much overlap (2 or 3 based on the poll, and we know there are few missing from there that commented) which is why the flag idea is remaining an option. I’ve been trying to brainstorm another distance-friendly idea, but am coming up empty so far.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter