Group Costume 2025 MW Thread

Which race day(s) are you interested in group costumes? (up to two choices)

• Total voters

Herding_Cats

DIS Veteran
Starting a dedicated thread for it.

Group Costume, Anyone?
During DATW this year, the idea of a group costume for one of the races for 2025 came up and generated some excitement with a few of us. So with that in mind, @The Expert and I would like to extend the invitation to anyone who might want to participate! It would be super fun to get a pre-race picture of all of us (at the morning meetup) and there is absolutely no obligation to run as a group. Right now we are thinking about doing this for the 10k, but are open to it being for another race.

We can discuss ideas/execution here. (I know there are several of us with Cricuts, so if the need for HTV/custom shirts becomes a thing, this could be an in-house way to help each other out with that.)

Additionally, there's a birthday/unbirthday shirt proposal (On Birthdays We Run Marathons) out for the marathon.

RUNNING LIST OF IDEAS:
  • old timey sports costumes. (Think of the Goofy Learns Football short.) Football players, cheerleaders, band members, folks in the crowd, etc. This allows for a lot of different costumes of different comfort levels and duplication doesn't matter much.

• Fantasia characters: ballerinas, sorcerer mickey, the wizard, the crocodiles, etc.

• Penguins (and possibly bert/mary) from mary poppins

• CMs/characters from a particular ride, show or restaurant, either matching or not. We really liked the idea of the old school Epcot CM outfit of all the flags from World Showcase in particular.

• animals from Lion King/FOTLK

• Mouseketeers

• Kakamora (the coconut guys from Moana)

• Zootopia animals

• Villians

Interest List
5k: matt and beth, Naomeri

10k: marty3d, matt and beth, The Expert, megarella, DisneyMountainWoman, AJollyHoliday, MissLiss279, Herding_Cats, akrosie, princesspirateandrunner, Naomeri, azrivest, emilyann704, Stutch&Co.

Half: huskies90, megarella, pluto377, DisneyMountainWoman, MissLiss279, GuinsessRunner, Kerry1957

Full: marty3d, DHSsenior007, The Expert, nancipants, Blue Caterpillar, Herding_Cats, GuinnessRunner, Sara W, laurend

Last edited:

I was planning to get one from an Etsy shop. If we want to coordinate, I can purchase a shirt from Amazon and ship it to whomever to do the Cricut part. There's a particular workout shirt I usually buy from there, so I'm good with either option!

It's pretty easy to recreate a design (usually), so maybe you could just share the one(s) you're looking at, and anyone who wants to DIY (or do through the group) could copy?

Same for me - though I am seriously considering a costume for at least one of the 4 races - would be my first time in costume!
I’ve got themed outfits in the works for each MW race, but nothing that will rise to the level of a costume for this weekend. I have costumes for other race weekends.

I mean….if there’s enough interest don’t feel like there can only be coordination for just one day. 😉

We can start brainstorming ideas at any point. As examples, I’ve seen large groups of a particular character, a group of characters from a movie, etc.

Cool idea! I have never run in costume, but this sounds fun. Can’t commit yet, as I am running the 5k, 10k, and Half with my daughter. Following along for now.

Cool idea! I have never run in costume, but this sounds fun. Can’t commit yet, as I am running the 5k, 10k, and Half with my daughter. Following along for now.
Just saying…costume can mean themed shirt and coordinating shorts. It doesn’t have to be crazy or elaborate. 😉

I don’t have a pic of him in it, but we got DH this shirt and he had matching red shorts already. Spent like $20 and he got lots of compliments (which he was not expecting as it was his first rundisney experience.)
36AB3E4A-C432-4C29-BEB8-AF1E0DF31A03.jpeg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter