Grief Trip Sep?

So, this hit me hard as my sister passed on June 28. She and I traveled together frequently, especially in the last 5 years. In fact, we were at WDW in May of this year and had a WDW/cruise trip planned for October. She was also with me for D23/DLR in 2019. I was also her care provider and we were together almost 24/7 other than my 2-3 days in the office especially after she was put on oxygen 24/7 in early 2020.

I had already planned my to go solo to D23 this September since she was told she couldn’t fly earlier this year. She was going to call and talk to me while I waited in lines and video chat with me while I was at the parks. I decided to still go and I know I at some point I will breakdown crying, but I know she would still want me to enjoy myself.

I can only offer my condolences and tell you that only you can decide if you can handle the trip. I do have a couple of places that I just cannot go yet and expect it to be a while.
I know this will be hard for you and u were in wdw in may, thatswhen we were at disneyland

unfortunately I dont have a smart phone, We always liked to get our photo Taken with tinkerbell.but everytime i went by there in may it was closed or she was on break. Also Anna and elsa but that hasnt reopened yet. Do you have any plans going back to disney soon. Did u find it healing. I wish Iknew how to post pictures here, If u go to evergreen memorial gardens in vancouver wa, on the website under obituarys Lisa U tenney on july 15th, they posted some of my disneyland pictures with the hat on. The profile picture is my favorite taken in the grand california jsut before going out for the day. I would like people to see my beautiful Mama. How do u ever get over the grief, especially when u went everywhere where them. U were just like me always planning the nxt trip to give her something to look forward to. Let me know what u think of the hat. Bought at indiana jones store in adventure land. Brand is coppelli
First of all, your momma was cute as a button.

OK Chris...I'm sorry to say that this made me feel a bit weirded out. but......

One: because I live in Vancouver, WA.

Two: I will be leaving Disneyland a day before you get there in September.

I can't really tell you how to get over the grief. Well, you really don't. One thing you might try is a therapy group. Both my mother's insurance and mine offered grief counseling for free.

I think that the hat looks unisex. If you check out men's straw hats on the internet you will find many similar hats. All though the brand is a women's brand. I say go ahead and wear it as long as you are comfortable. Who is going to know the brand name.

IMG_3038.JPG

Mom signing her "Sheriff of the Day" certificate.

View attachment 691523

Mom signing her "Sheriff of the Day" certificate.
Oh my gosh u live in vancouver wa? unbelievable, thank u for looking at my mom's picture, How did she get to be sheriff for a day, I feel a bond with because our situations are so similar, i will look at the internet at hats. Did your mom always wear that hat.

Oh my gosh u live in vancouver wa? unbelievable, thank u for looking at my mom's picture, How did she get to be sheriff for a day, I feel a bond with because our situations are so similar, i will look at the internet at hats. Did your mom always wear that hat.
A wonderful cast member chose to give her a "special event".

Mom always wore hats. She had about a dozen.

Last edited:
A cast wonderful cast member chose to give her a "special event".

Mom always wore hats. She had about a dozen.
that is so special my mom had so may hats too, I bet u cherish them. They found me a minnie mouse necklace that could hold her ahshes,I am wearing it and will never take it off. Are u going to disneyland alone, I have gone solo before so its going to be so strange,

I only kept the hats that fit me. Two I believe. I have a very large hat size. I did keep her Minnie ears. And I took those to the parks.

Some friends are meeting up with me in Disneyland. They are not staying at the same accommodations but we will see each other every day they are there. I will be alone a few days. But I am fine with that. If you are not used to being by yourself, then yes, it will be strange at first. Just keep reminding yourself that your mother wants you to have fun. And talk to her. I do all the time.

I only kept the hats that fit me. Two I believe. I have a very large hat size. I did keep her Minnie ears. And I took those to the parks.

Some friends are meeting up with me in Disneyland. They are not staying at the same accommodations but we will see each other every day they are there. I will be alone a few days. But I am fine with that. If you are not used to being by yourself, then yes, it will be strange at first. Just keep reminding yourself that your mother wants you to have fun. And talk to her. I do all the time.
I had to go to the funeral home to order a keepsake box and i wore hat, It fits me fine. Im not used to wearing that kind of hat but it made me feel closed to mom.I talkto her all day long just as if she's here. After that I went to costco because she liked the pizza and ice coffe there, I find that by pretending she is there with me is the only way the day is bearable. What did your mom like to do at disneyland, did she enjoy rides or just the atmosphere. Thank u for your posts

Mom liked the atmosphere mostly and watching people. And if she could have a glass of wine while watching, all the better. We spend one afternoon (five hours) on our balcony with snacks and wine watching people in DTD.

She loved the shows, Sorin' (sounds like your mom liked that ride too), Toy Story Mania and Winnie the Pooh had a place in her heart.

Mom liked the atmosphere mostly and watching people. And if she could have a glass of wine while watching, all the better. We spend one afternoon (five hours) on our balcony with snacks and wine watching people in DTD.

She loved the shows, Sorin' (sounds like your mom liked that ride too), Toy Story Mania and Winnie the Pooh had a place in her heart.
Did u stay at the Grand? Yeah last trip I wanted to ride soarin, but she wasnt up to it. I was hopin this time, Just to stand and turn and tsf was hard for her. Did she stay in the wheelchair for rides? we like to people watch too.

Did u stay at the Grand? Yeah last trip I wanted to ride soarin, but she wasnt up to it. I was hopin this time, Just to stand and turn and tsf was hard for her. Did she stay in the wheelchair for rides? we like to people watch too.
We always stayed at the Grand. It was mom's one request. And mom didn't like to stay in her chair for rides. She was able to transfer relatively easily.
How many times have u been to disneyland since she passed?
This will be my first trip back to Disneyland since she passed.

We always stayed at the Grand. It was mom's one request. And mom didn't like to stay in her chair for rides. She was able to transfer relatively easily.

The grand is great, So im sure it will be filled with joy and sadness just like me.

The grand is great, So im sure it will be filled with joy and sadness just like me.
Just relax and think of your mom on the trip. Go on all her favorites and do the attractions that you missed and wanted to do bc she will be riding with you!

Just relax and think of your mom on the trip. Go on all her favorites and do the attractions that you missed and wanted to do bc she will be riding with you!
I cannot tell u how much this comforts me, Did u guys like the Plaza Inn, we always liked to eat there.

I cannot tell u how much this comforts me, Did u guys like the Plaza Inn, we always liked to eat there.
My parents liked the Plaza Inn sometimes. They liked the Blue Bayou. We also enjoyed getting breakfast after early entry at the Tomorrowland Terrace. Those were wonderful times. They also liked Hungry Bear.

i hope all those memories will help u, your mom looked so sweet

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter