Great Maple restaurant now open

Does anyone have experience eating Gluten Free at Great Maple? I have a daughter with Celiac and disney is really good with allergies, but the other Great maple in Pasadena was not so great w gluten explosure - so I wanted to check

I finally had a chance to stop by and eat here today for lunch while waiting to rendezvous with friends for NYE this evening. It was my worst DLR sit-down dining experience in recent memory (and maybe ever). The restaurant appeared to be severely understaffed - they were only seating maybe 25% of the restaurant’s capacity. The service was disappointing and slow - server interaction was non-existent. “You ready?”, “You OK?” were the only words spoken once seated and throughout the course of the meal. The fried chicken was moist, but had an off-putting (fishy?) taste. Bacon was undercooked. There was nothing to suggest that the doughnuts were “made to order”, which arrived at room temperature with nothing discernible that might suggest that they had just been prepared (unlike LL in DCA). The Blood Orange margarita was underwhelming with no discernible alcohol. At the relatively high prices being charged, the food and dining experience were particularly disappointing and unacceptable. I realize that my experience is a single standalone data point, but felt compelled to share my experience should anyone who is considering eating there be interested. Hopefully, it was just an off day (but it was dreadful).

The service was disappointing and slow - server interaction was non-existent.
Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that. Great Maple is a chain and we've experienced that type of service at their other locations. I hope this isn't the beginning of the end for the Pixar Place restaurant.

Great maple just posted this on Facebook

"This Half Marathon weekend, race over to the Sketch Pad Café, which opens at 6am on January 12 in the Pixar Place Hotel! The café will offer unique grab & go options to fuel up for a half marathon, a day at the park, or a quick coffee break. ☕️ See you soon!"

So cafe is opening soon, yeah! I am hoping they will have some of their yummy donuts available in their Cafe to grab and go easy.

So finally went here and wow it was great!!
We went once on Friday night 1/12 to get take home so we could have breakfast before the race. They were so nice and friendly while we waited at our bar for our food. We order some drinks while we waited and we talked about the rundisney race. The food we ordered the maple bacon donuts, the pancake pops and falafel wrap. The portions are soo big we were able to eat them over the course of 2 days so I had a great breakfast before the race every morning. They tasted really good.

Then we did dinner on Saturday 1/13 night, it was super full with all of us rundisney people trying to get our carbs in.... So the staff remembered us from last night... asked how our 10k went the this morning... they were so wonderful. They even got my son free seasonal donunts with candle so we could celebrate his birthday there. (This was a birthday trip for my son turning 7 and rundisney weekend.) The food again soo big and yummy. I got the shrimp bendict... just the right amount of spice and the shrimp soo big! My husband got the seasonal fish tacos... he loved them. And my son got pancakes again fluffy and delicious.

I highly recommend trying out this place. The decor is so cute with touches of Pixar through out and the staff was super friendly.

Ohh also cafe opened up... did not get food there but we did get coffee... so much easier getting coffee here vs the long lines in Downtown Disney or inside the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter