Great Maple restaurant now open

I have a reservation at Great Maple and have actually never been at Paradise/Pixar Place. Can someone share the best way of going there from the parks without driving and parking?

I have a reservation at Great Maple and have actually never been at Paradise/Pixar Place. Can someone share the best way of going there from the parks without driving and parking?
If you're coming from DCA you can take the back exit out of the park and Paradise Pier is like a 5 minute walk if that.

If you're coming from Disneyland, I'd take the Monorail if it's open. Then you'd take a right toward Disneyland Hotel, but turn left before you enter the DLH property. You should be able to see Paradise Pier from there.

If the Monorail isn't open you can walk through Downtown Disney. There will be signs for paradise Pier.

I'm afraid I didn't explain it very well! Maybe someone can post a map.

If you're coming from DCA you can take the back exit out of the park and Paradise Pier is like a 5 minute walk if that.

If you're coming from Disneyland, I'd take the Monorail if it's open. Then you'd take a right toward Disneyland Hotel, but turn left before you enter the DLH property. You should be able to see Paradise Pier from there.

If the Monorail isn't open you can walk through Downtown Disney. There will be signs for paradise Pier.

I'm afraid I didn't explain it very well! Maybe someone can post a map.
No, this is helpful, thank you! I've been looking on Google Maps, but it's a little confusing to me. And I've never actually seen or used the back exit out of DCA. I've used the one from DCA that goes to GCH/Downtown Disney, and seen another one mentioned, but have never noticed a different exit in all my times at the park.

No, this is helpful, thank you! I've been looking on Google Maps, but it's a little confusing to me. And I've never actually seen or used the back exit out of DCA. I've used the one from DCA that goes to GCH/Downtown Disney, and seen another one mentioned, but have never noticed a different exit in all my times at the park.
The exit is pretty new, only a year or so old. It's in the back of Paradise Pier, next to Corn Dog Castle.

It's hidden. It's on the right side of Corn Dog Castle. You'll walk past a sign that says "Hotel Guests Only", but you only need a room key when entering the park that way.

You can also cut through GCH, either from DCA (near Redwood Creek) or Downtown Disney (if you don't take the monorail). From GCH's lobby, walk out front, take the left path toward/through the pedestrian exit, and cross Disneyland Drive at the intersection.

Keep in mind: when coming back to the parks, both of those routes require a room key, so you'll need to trail someone to come back. (Broadly speaking, security doesn't seem to mind, but YMMV, and I'm personally not always comfortable doing that.) Otherwise, you'll have to walk west and north toward DLH and re-enter Downtown Disney at the west side security entrance.

Last edited:
It's hidden. It's on the right side of Corn Dog Castle. You'll walk past a sign that says "Hotel Guests Only", but you only need a room key when entering the park that way.

You can also cut through GCH, either from DCA (near Redwood Creek) or Downtown Disney (if you don't take the monorail). From GCH's lobby, walk out front, take the left path toward/through the pedestrian exit, and cross Disneyland Drive at the intersection.

Keep in mind: when coming back to the parks, both of those routes require a room key, so you'll need to trail someone to come back. (Broadly speaking, security doesn't seem to mind, but YMMV, and I'm personally not always comfortable doing that.) Otherwise, you'll have to walk west and north toward DLH and re-enter Downtown Disney at the west side security entrance.
Thank you @brightlined and @Pluto468, I definitely have a better understanding now! And that reentry needing a key part is definitely good to know. I'm such a rule follower and the type that would be mortified if stopped by security for not having a room key. So would probably plan to go the long way back. :)

I wanted the donuts so ordered the fried chicken & donuts. It came with two pieces of fried boneless chicken (maybe the size of a small thigh) and two HUGE donuts. The chicken was okay. Nothing to write home about. The donuts were good, but very dense and very filling.
I've never even heard of that combination. Now I want to try it :)

This place looks so nice! Sadly, I don't see much on the menu that I'd want to eat. I may try it anyway--the salads look ok.

This place looks so nice! Sadly, I don't see much on the menu that I'd want to eat. I may try it anyway--the salads look ok.
The salads are expensive. The small print at the top has the price for add ons. The taco salad, cobb wedge and chopped salad all have chicken, but if you add protein to a seasonal salad, you're looking at $30.
  • falafel - $5
  • avocado - $4
  • shrimp - $7
  • chicken -$7
  • salmon - $9
  • steak - $12
That said, pricing is similar to the Palm Breeze Bar at the Disneyland Hotel. The food, ambiance and service was much better at Great Maple than it was at the Palm Breeze Bar. Warning about the PBB - most seating is on sofas with a low table below your knees. The seating is nice if you are having drinks, but it is difficult to eat a meal at a table like that.

The salads are expensive. The small print at the top has the price for add ons. The taco salad, cobb wedge and chopped salad all have chicken, but if you add protein to a seasonal salad, you're looking at $30.
  • falafel - $5
  • avocado - $4
  • shrimp - $7
  • chicken -$7
  • salmon - $9
  • steak - $12
That said, pricing is similar to the Palm Breeze Bar at the Disneyland Hotel. The food, ambiance and service was much better at Great Maple than it was at the Palm Breeze Bar. Warning about the PBB - most seating is on sofas with a low table below your knees. The seating is nice if you are having drinks, but it is difficult to eat a meal at a table like that.
Thank you!

Is the Palm Breeze Bar in the new DVC wing?

Thank you!

Is the Palm Breeze Bar in the new DVC wing?
Yes, it is outdoors near the pools similar to Craftsman Bar in GCH. At least right now, the focus at PBB is the bar. The food is just incidental. I think Craftsman Bar started the same way.

1701560755977.png

Yes, it is outdoors near the pools similar to Craftsman Bar in GCH. At least right now, the focus at PBB is the bar. The food is just incidental. I think Craftsman Bar started the same way.

View attachment 815150
Thank you! We leave in a few days. Nice to know about more options outside the parks.

Ate at Great Maple today. MK holders receive a 10% discount and they accept Disney gift cards.

View attachment 814965 View attachment 814966

@Wesley815 do you still want copies of the menu? Forgive the creases. The waitress told me I could take it home so I folded it and put it in my backpack.

View attachment 814959 View attachment 814960 View attachment 814961 View attachment 814962 View attachment 814963 View attachment 814964
Thank you for posting pictures! Have better idea about restaurant now. Look forward to trying it sometime!

I was at DTD yesterday and eat there, its pretty cool. The food was good and both myself and GF had to get boxes because it was a lotttt of food

We Eat outside and it was really nice, I would say check it out if your looking to try something new. We had a great time, cost too much to go to every time we go but it's something I would go back to, had only good things to say

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter