Great American Scrapbook Convention - TX June 4-7 2003 - List on Pg1

Speaking of finding each other in line! I plan to have a balloon this year tied to my cart. Cell phones were pretty useless until we got inside the time I joined in :) Our Disney clothes did finally help us find each other though :bounce:

The balloon sounds like a great idea. I'm planning on wearing one of my WDW t-shirts, that DIS green of course.

Anyone staying at hotel/motel nearby during the convention? I'm thinking that cropping until 1am on Friday and back for a workshop at 9:30 on Saturday might be pushing it with the hour drive I have each way. So maybe I should stay nearby overnight. If anyone's got reservations, just curious where.

For those of you going to the crop(s), I just noticed on the GASC website that there's a contest for best dressed to the theme. Anyone planning to wear costume? (Personally I think that a costume could get in the way, but I've never tried it before so I don't really know.)

Cropping Party
We are "Dressing Up" the Cropping Parties this year with a Seasonal Theme! Get ready for a party filled with Great Games & Cool Contests and lots of Prizes! We invite you to Dress Up with us - come to the crops dressed in your favorite seasonal costume/outfit - there will be Prizes for the best dressed!

You may want to bring pictures that correspond with this year's Cropping Party themes: Wednesday, Spring Theme; Thursday, Summer Theme; Friday, Fall Theme; and Saturday, Winter Theme.

I'm really looking forward to the GASC and seeing a fun group of DIS'ers.

Denise - we DO have two classes together and the two crops too!

Here's my schedule:

Thursday
Wire Your Pages 8 a.m.
Above & Beyond With Embellishments 9:30 a.m.
Fabulous Fun wiht Fibers & More 11 a.m.
Altered Punching (with Denise :) 1:30 p.m.
Design Essentials: Using Patterned Paper 3:30 p.m
Cropping Party

Friday:
Kayla's Klass 8 a.m.
Crazy for Quilling 11:30 a.m.
Better Letter Blowout (with Denise :) 3:00 p.m.
Cropping Party

Saturday:
Altered Scrapbooks 8 a.m.
Scrapart 10:30 a.m.

I can't wait to see everyone!

Ann

Less than 2 weeks now. :bounce: So here's my schedule:

Friday
Latest & Greatest - Lunch With Jeanne (12:00 - 1:00)
Triple Play (2:00-3:00)
Cropping Party

Saturday
The Art of the Scrapbook Journey (9:30-11:00)
Vibrant Colors, Brilliant Pages (11:00-12:00)
Magic with Mickey (3:30-4:30)

Anyone need any supplies from WDW for the cropping party? I'm leaving for The World on Wednesday and return on the 5th. I'm sure we'll be at DTD at least once during the week, and of course all the parks. So if you think of anything you want/need, just let me know and I'll bring it back for you.

Anyone that's been before, when should we be getting the tickets for the various workshops/crops/etc? DH and I leave for WDW tomorrow night and don't return until late Thursday night on the 5th. I'll be stopping by my mailbox on my way to the convention center on Friday, but I'm just worried that they won't be there. Call me a worry wart, okay.

I received my tickets already, can't remember when I got it but the letter is dated May 11.

Oh no, now I really am worried.:(

When did you register? I registered pretty early and only for the Friday crop, I meant to go back and do a general admission but haven't yet. I think it's too late but I do that there.

I originally registered on April 14, when they got the system back up. But I added the general admission and changed a workshop from one day to another on May 9, right before the cut-off for changes.

can i purchase g.a. at the door? I am waffling now on whether I'm going or not...might just spend the day with dh! But I would like to know my options.

You can do general admission at the door. Not sure if it's the same price. I think some of the scrapbook stores have discount coupons sometimes which would probably make it the same price as pre-registration. I'm going on Friday and don't have the general admission yet.

Beansmom, if you are there Friday look out for me. I'm going to just spend the day browsing before the crop. I'm going to get a small Disney balloon for my crop cart, maybe I need to decorate it with Lime green mickeys from Home Depot :)

I did the same thing... bought the cropping party but not the general admission. SIGH.

Not sure how long I will be there Friday before the crop. I may just do the crop on Friday and then come back on Sunday with my mom and cruise the stalls.

I have a lime green bow, and some daisy ribbon with lime green stuff on it that will be on my cart. I will be wearing a Mickey shirt as well. I LOVE the idea of the lime green Mickey heads. That is brilliant.

See you there.

Alaine

Just moving this back to the top :)

Almost time, I really need to start working on getting something ready to take with me to work on :)

I'm thinking of bringing my album from my DH & my trip to Disney in 1990, it's a magnetic one and I need to get the pictures moved.

Possible change of plans in my future. Jacque would like to switch our shopping day to Thursday instead of Friday, so she can go to Boy Scout camp for one night. If we can work out all the wrinkles with my DD and her activities, I guess that is what we will do. That means I won't bump into as many of you, if it comes to pass. I should know tomorrow and I'll post our decision.

MerryPoppins,

I know Denise and I will be at the convention most all of the day on Thursday. We both posted our schedules somewhere earlier in this long thread.

I'd love to see you and Jacque whenever you are there!

Have a safe trip!

Ann

Ann, I'll be watching for you and Denise tomorrow. We aren't doing any classes, just shopping til we drop. If any other DIS folk are around, I hope to meet you as well. I'll try to check in tomorrow night when I get back home.

I'll look forward to the shopping report. Let us know what the "don't miss" vendors are :)

I'm back home. The weather was terrible. We drove in rain all the way down and a lot of the way home. Sorry we didn't get to meet up with you Janette, but our hubbies said the weather was poor closer to home and we thought we'd better not chance it.

A lot of the vendors from the past were missing this year. :( We missed at least 4 booths that we have enjoyed in the past. I renewed magazine subscriptions. Creating Keepsakes was giving a free back issue with renewal and Paper Kuts gave us a back issue and some stickers at a reduced renewal price. I spent way too much at Deluxe Cuts again. This year I got one of their tag templates and 3 of their color block templates. Those have been hard to find and I wanted to give them a try. There is a Disney booth at the far end of the shop floor. They have Disney paper, die cuts and cute titles. One of the booths near one of the entrances has some cute Disney stuff. I especially liked their Disney castles. There are three to choose from. You should check them out.

Anyone have questions about what they are looking for? I might be able to tell you if we saw something. Probably can't tell you where it was though. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter