Great American Scrapbook Convention - TX June 4-7 2003 - List on Pg1

Oh, how I wish I could, but Texas is just a little too far for me! :)

I hope that someone takes pictures though, so we can all see!! :) Have fun, it sounds like a great time!!

I might go. I've been a few times, although never to any of the class or crops. I just go to browse. Last year I went and spent less than $10. Amazing, huh? I like to see what's out there, though. And like you, Janette, my dd also has recital that weekend! Actually, both dd's. So if I go it would most likely be Thursday or Friday, although dress rehearsal is probably going to be on Friday. Hmmm.....last year the GASC was the following weekend, so no conflict for me. Gonna be tough this year. But maybe we'll run into each other. :D

Jacque and I are planning to go, but it all depends on my DH's job situation. We'll have to stay in touch. I'd like to get together. Last year we only did one crop and cropped the other night at our hotel. I really got more done at the hotel. ;)

I might just have to check it out myself. DH and I will be at WDW through the 5th, but I'll have Friday and Saturday free. I've never been before even though it's so close. Hmmm, what's wrong with me? :rolleyes:

I will more than likely be working at the convention. I think my LSS (where I work) has a booth there. I'm excited!! It should be fun!

Kristin

It's coming to northern va also! Can't wait!!

Second Annual Great American Scrapbook Convention™

Chantilly, Virginia / June 18 - 21, 2003
At this premier Scrapbook Show you will find the BEST archival scrapbook supplies and workshops! Meet with international and national Retailers,Wholesalers, Manufacturers, Manufacturers Representatives and Consumers. If your goal is to discover and experience what the most avid consumer Scrapbookers are interested in using, then stay for the consumer portion of this dynamic and entertaining show. This is an event that no one in the industry will want to miss!

Schedule

Wednesday, June 18, 2003
Exhibitor Move-In 7:00AM - 6:00PM
Ideas to Grow Your Business™ Seminar 9:00AM - 5:00PM
All Day Cropping Party 10:00AM - 10:00PM
Trade Sneak Peak 6:00PM - 8:00PM
Thursday, June 19, 2003
Instructor Meeting 8:15AM - 8:45AM
Show Open to Trade Only 9:00AM - 11:00AM
Workshops 11:00AM - 8:00PM
Show Open to Public 11:00AM - 6:00PM
Cropping Party 6:00PM - 1:00AM
Friday, June 20, 2003
Workshops 8:00AM - 8:00PM
Show Open to Public 9:00AM - 6:00PM
Cropping Party 6:00PM - 1:00AM
Saturday, June 21, 2003
Workshops 8:00AM - 4:00PM
Exhibitor Meeting 8:30AM - 8:45AM
Show Open to Public 9:00AM - 5:00PM
Cropping Party 5:00PM - 11:00PM
Exhibitor Move-Out 5:00PM - 11:00PM
<< Back to Top

Kristen, closer to the time could you PM the group with the name of your booth? It'd be fun to watch for a DISer. Either that or we may all have to wear green ribbons. :D

I've never done any type of scrapping before but this sounds like fun. A friend of mine wants me to get into scrapping too. Looks like I may have to check this out.

Sounds like it will be a great group! How does at least one crop sound? Everyone who will be there pick a night. I'd vote for any except for Saturday or Sunday.

I'm going to a similar thing in April here in the Chicago area - can't wait. Will be the first time I've gone to one. Hope you guys have a great time!

It has turned out that I willnot be working at the convention. I am having to leave my LSS due some personel issues! I'm a little disappointed, but life goes on, and I have to find a full time job now!

Have fun,
Kristin

Just moving this back to the top.

The website says they'll be hope to start registration April 7th.

I've found I had the dates wrong for my DD's recital, it will be the next weekend but I've heard rumors that one of my neices may be getting married that Saturday.

Should we try to plan a night to crop together?

We could do a crop at my house one day if that would work for everyone, it is about 45min from the convention so maybe that Wednesday before everyone gets settled?

I am hoping to go as well. I live about 20 minutes from the convention center. I went last year, and OMG... I was exhausted, although I didn't spend all that much either. Hmmmm. Didn't make it to any of the crops either. May want to try this year.

The neatest thing that I have to get more of were these laser die cuts to use with heritage pages. Come to find out they were cut out of Creative Memories paper. I know because they matched 2-3 unusual colors of paper PERFECTLY. It was so KOOL. I so need to find them again.

I doubt we'll be in Texas on Wednesday night. I'm trying to get in touch with Jacque this weekend. Maybe I'll know more about our plans by the first of the week.

My friend reminded me that our husbands and Boy Scout sons will be coming home from camp that weekend. Looks like we are going to drive down Friday morning and come home that night, so no crops for us this year. Maybe we can work something out next year. I will try to remember to wear something Disney with a lime ribbon, so anyone sees me they will say something. I'll be watching for you, too.

Hi everyone!

I haven't posted here for awhile. It's nice to "see" you familiar DIS'ers!

I'm definitely coming to the convention again. It's been great the past two years.

MerryPoppins - I'm sorry I won't get to do a crop again with you and Jacque. You girls are so fun! Maybe we can sign up for a class together. Remember that nightmare class last year - so disorganized and they ran out of supplies! EEK!

Janette - I'd love to join in a crop with you and any others that will be there. I don't think I'll be coming down until Wednesday night, though.

I'm wanting to enter some of the page contests, too. I need to get busy with that.

We need to track Denise down, too, and see if she'll be back this year. I've forgotten her DIS name.

Once registration starts next week, we'll have to make some real plans!

Ann

Ok, I'm slow so bear with me.

Does it cost anything to, like, just go? And I assume you can purchase items there.

beansmom, check out the link and it has some of the basic pricing. The classes aren't listed yet but the crops will be $20 and there is an entry fee. About $6.

There were 6 of us that met there in 2001 for one of the crops and another group last year but I didn't make it. They do have some give-aways at the crop. At least $20 or more retail but not all stuff you might use. I think the best part was just being able to meet some of the people and getting ideas from them.

There is lots of shopping. I didn't allow much time for that but will do it different this time. Some of the items I haven't seen in other places and there were also some pretty good deals. Some vendors also had make&take items so you got some freebies there.

I'm disappointed that Melissa & Jacque aren't going to be able to crop with us :( Hopefully I'll get to at least say hello. If you think you'll have time we can do breakfast or lunch.

Ann - if you have a day that works best I'm pretty open, we just need to decide so everyone can sign up for that crop.

Anyone who hasn't been, there is usually a line waiting to get into the crop so we'd meet up there beforehand. Don't worry if you don't know anyone, the first time none of us did and we had a great time!

Any of the nights are fine with me. Last year I signed up for all of them. I hooked up with the DIS'ers one night and with a couple friends from here another night. The third night I just went in for awhile, got the goodie bag, shopped at the booths at the crop and used some of the toys they had set out - I think it was some of the new Fiskars things, punches and maybe some die cuts.

I'll probably drive home on Saturday night, so maybe Thursday or Friday night for a DIS crop - or both, if there will be any of us there both nights!

Looking forward to seeing the class schedule and seeing you again!

Ann

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter