Great American Scrapbook Convention - TX June 4-7 2003 - List on Pg1

I've never been before but from what everyone is saying it's lots of fun. I'll be at WDW through Thursday so won't be able to do anything until Friday. Meeting up with DISers sounds great to me.

WooHoo! I figured out how to get back on the board! I've missed y'all! Thank you, Ann, for the note and encouragement to get back on the board. I'll be at the Great American Scrapbook Convention with bells on...ha! Can't wait! Robin, it will be nice to meet you. We should all pick a time and place to meet. If I'm lucky, I'll go to 2 crops. Does the convention end on Saturday or Sunday? :Pinkbounc

:) Good to see you Denise!

Should we plan to do the Friday night crop together? It is 6pm to 1am.

I checked the site and they are starting registration Friday, April 11th.

If anyone has a late class on Friday let us know so we'll save a spot. I'll probably be there pretty early Friday but just plan on doing some shopping so will have plenty of time to get a spot in the crop line :)

I need to try to find you guys in the crop line Frisay night. That way we can visit for a few minutes if we didn't bump into each other during the day.

Hi!

I got the e-mail that registration for the convention starts at 3 p.m. on Friday (Mountain Time). I think that's 4 p.m. here in Oklahoma.

I'm in for Friday night cropping. Denise (and anyone else who is interested) do you want to go to the Thursday night crop too? I certainly have enough projects for two nights of cropping. I spend lots of time looking at what everyone else is doing and shopping anyway:)

The convention ends on Saturday and there is a Saturday night crop. I had planned on coming home Saturday evening, but could stay if there was fun planned :)

Once you guys pick out some classes, please post what you are taking. Maybe we can get together that way too!

Ann

I'll sign up for Friday for sure, I may wait on Thursday to see if anything comes up that would be a conflict but will try to make it if I can. Sounds fun to me.

Let me know who is signed up for what crop and I'll start a list :)

I'll sign up for Thursday and Friday night crops as soon as 4 p.m. gets here. I have an alarm set in my office so I won't forget :)

I'll wait on Saturday night for now, but if anyone wants to get together then too, I'd be willing!

As soon as you get signed up for crops and classes, please post here.

I've taken several classes the past two years and don't plan to do as many this time, so I can have more time for shopping and looking at all the layout entries in their contest. There were some great ones there last year and I was rushed to see them all.

If any of you do heritage layouts, I'd recommend the class by C-Thru Ruler. They make the Time & Again templates and kits. They had great projects for us to do in the class and gave out lots of door prizes and gifts.

Fiskars' classes are also good - lots of freebies.

My other favorites are the ones taught by Julianna Hudgins. She is the owner of Jewel Craft and is amazing with wire. She gave us very generous gifts in both the classes I've taken from her. I saw that Jewel Craft is a sponsor again this year, so hopefully she'll be teaching again.

That's all I can recommend. Anyone else have any favorites, or ones they'd suggest we avoid?

OK - - - Registration complete for Friday night crop. They must be really bogged down, because moving around their site is a nightmare!

I got my registration done for Friday night crop. I may add some classes but not sure.

Did anyone notice the Disney class??

I finally got through and signed up today. I just hope I'm not taking on too much - 3 workshops and the crop on Friday & 2 workshops on Saturday. (Gotta get in something Disney so I signed up for the Magic of Mickey as my last class on Saturday.)

No classes or crops for me. Actually, it is good I planned it this way. DH had torn ligaments in his ankle and is in a walking cast. He isn't allowed to drive for 8 weeks, so I shouldn't be gone for the weekend. I'll be there bright and early Friday morning. We are leaving when the floor closes in the evening.

Could we all meet on Friday around 12:00 or 2:00? I want to be sure and see Melissa and Jacque! I'm taking more classes than ever and 2 crops. Anne and I have at least 2 classes and 2 crops together. We have to meet in line again and all crop together. Here is my schedule:

Thurs-
Making mosaics 9:30-11:00
Totally tag art 11:00-12:00
Altered punching 1:30-3:00
Crop

Fri-
All that jazz 10:00-11:30
Using pattern paper 12:30-1:30
Better letter 3:00-4:30
Crop

Sat-
Dare to detail 12:30-1:30
Versitile vellum 2:00-3:00

Anne, do we have anything together? Could you go to 2 crops?

Saturday, I want to be on the floor when the venders pull out because they mark almost everything down to pennies. They don't want to haul their products back home! Last year I hung around until the last minute and walked out with 5 pioneer albums for $20! Isn't that wild?

Sure wish I could have gotten into that quilling class. It filled up by the time they got the website working! What is everyone's schedules?

I'm looking forward to seeing you all and meeting our new friends!

The green ribbon idea sounds great!

Denise
d4disney

Since I've never been before, I was wondering if those of you that have been think 4 workshops and a crop in one day is too much. I've been thinking about changing one that I'm taking from Saturday to Friday but don't want to overload myself.

Also, do you have to pre-register for admission to the show floor or can you buy tickets there? And if you don't have to pre-register, do you recommend it?

I got the e-mail this morning that all changes have to be made by 5pm MDT today so I know I'm cutting it close.

Last time I went I did 2 classes & the crop in one day. The part I really didn't like was that left no time for shopping. I really would have liked more time just browsing! This time I'm not going to any classes but spending the day browsing and then do the crop. I'll see how that works.

If you have no extra time that one day you might want to go back another day just to look at the vendors products.

I think I'm going crazy trying to decide what to take when. Currently I'm signed up for workshops on Friday (9:30-10:30, 12-1 and 2-3) & Saturday (9:30-11, 3:30-4:30) and the crop on Friday night. I've thought about changing my 3:30-4:30 on Saturday to Friday.

But now instead I'm thinking about changing my Friday 9:30-10:30 to Saturday 11-12. But how close to the begin time do they really start, and what about end time? I'm concerned about taking back-to-back classes without really having time to get from one to another. If I do make this change, though, I won't have to worry so much about Friday morning rush hour traffic. (Staying nearby isn't an option since DH and I don't return from WDW until late Thursday night.)

In any case, I think I've left lots of time between Friday and Saturday to check out all the booths and get in some shopping.

is it worth going if I don't do any classes or crops? I'm too new for that and really just want to look around.

I'm driving down for the day from Oklahoma just to shop on Friday. They have the latest goodies on the shop floor and they offer lots of make and takes and demos for free. There are tons of pages that were entered into their contest hanging on the wall. I take my digital camera and snap shots of the ones I think I might want to scrap-lift. I think it is definitely worth your time. It's a mad-house but it's fun. Besides, you may run into a DISer in a lime green ribbon. Nothing like a DIS meet to brighten a day. ;)

beansmom - You might consider the crop. I'm pretty new, I don't do much scrapbooking but really enjoyed doing the crop. Since I so rarely get around to doing anything at home it's nice to have 5hours of dedicated scrapbook time with friends. :)

It's also nice to see what ideas everyone else has!

Beansmom, I won't be at the crops this year, but I can speak from experience. These DIS ladies are sooo nice. You can find each other in line and sit together. You'd have a blast, I bet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter