Great American Scrapbook Convention - TX June 4-7 2003 - List on Pg1

I almost forgot. In the center of the floor there is a great make-and-take booth. They start a new project about every 30 minutes to an hour. We made several during the day. You may want to check them out. Some of the kits they gave out used expensive products and were really cute.

Okay, I'm off to bed. It's been a long day. Shopping like that wears me out!

MerryPoppins-can you tell us more about the Disney stuff you saw? Who is it by? This may sound stupid, but are the things you see there all new products or is some of it already available? There can never be too many new Disney sb products! Thanks!

There are lots of new products, but it's not all new.

The castles were laser cuts. They were made by Paper Wizard www.paperwiz.net . I don't know if they sell to individuals or only wholesale when they aren't at shows, but the castles were really nice. I bought the kit that had Cinderella, the coach and the plainest castle for about $8, I think. They also had a really nice castle that reminded me of Sleeping Beauty's castle (in gray and dark blue) and a layered Cinderella's castle (in gray with pink and blue).

The other Disney booth had me all confused. I couldn't make up my mind and said I'd go back. Unfortunately, we ran out of time. My friend bought some of the borders. I'll have to ask her if she has the name of the company. They had papers, big die cut sets of characters that reminded me of the post cards you can get in the parks, laser cut character shapes, and the borders. Some of the borders had a character's name and their picture. Others just had character pictures printed all over them. Oh, and they had an idea book for using their product. Most of their product you had to buy in sets.

Other booths had Disney stuff mixed in. I just can't think what they were right now. Any other questions?

Just got home from the crop. Even though I got absolutely nothing done, I really had a great time. It was nice to finally meet everyone and put faces with names.
GASC-Crop.JPG

That was the booth I was talking about. I'm so happy to have their web address. Now I can order the things I missed. Thank you Robin!

I also saw a booth that had a package with Disney ride die cuts. I know POC and Matterhorn were in the package. Did anyone get one of those? If so, who was selling it. I meant to go back and get that, too. Darn!

Can we have names to go with the faces? I recognize some of you from past crops, but not all of the group. Also, was the cropping package any good this year? Last year's packet was not as nice as past years.

I missed the Paper Wizard booth but saw some Alaine had. I might pick some up later online or at Scrappy's.

I did get the Disney package but it's cheaper on their website Robin posted. No shipping for an order over $35 and maybe no tax. I quess I should have waited.

I am so glad my dh was not here to see my digging like a dog through the trash hunting the program from the convention. Yes, I threw it away...:rolleyes: I don't KNOW what I was thinking.

Merry,

I believe the booth you were speaking of was "Outdoors & More"...course I remember them because of the Disney ride die-cuts, too. They were in booth 412. No web address but their tn is 801-390-6919. I passed on these, too, and didn't even think to go back. I could have kicked myself. The pack I wanted had Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Matterhorn...and a castle with some other things. Darn! Guess I will give them a call in a few days and see if they knew where I can purchase.

they had really neat die cuts in the camping/fishing/outdoors theme.

GASC-Crop.JPG

Front: MinnieAnn, Lainy67, Janette
Back: RRBB, d4disney, Lita

Originally posted by janette
I did get the Disney package but it's cheaper on their website Robin posted. No shipping for an order over $35 and maybe no tax. I quess I should have waited.
I went back by the booth today and mentioned the difference in price to them. They said that it could be because they don't actually have everything in the online package. Also, I didn't realize it when I posted the link (at what, 2 in the morning) but the booth where we purchased the Disney package was Story Tellers. That website is http://www.story-tellers.us. They don't actually sell the Disney stuff online, their website takes you to scrapbookdisney.com.

(I just took a close look at the package on the website and I don't think it includes the idea book. If that's the case, then we did get a good deal.)

It looks that way Robin, now I don't feel bad. I was thinking I spent a few $ too much. I do like the package, even more to choose from now. :)

Now if they just don't run out before Monday. Jacque is out of town and I think she'll want one. Maybe I can catch her before she leaves if I call right now.

Thanks for finding them! I'm so happy!

They also have the sandylion disney stickers. The scrapbook warehouse has them but I'm not sure of the price. They were out of Tinkerbelle but it is on the website. I'll go today and see how much they are in the store and get back to you.

The price at Scrapbook Warehouse is $1.79 for the sticker sheets, better than online except for Tinkerbelle. I may have to order some of those.

They also have a much better selection of paper, I wonder if any of the hobby stores have the single sheets? It would be nice to pick it up on sale. Regular price is $.57 so not bad but 1/2 that would be better :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter