Grand Gathering for July 4th, 2008

Not a dumb question!! My understanding is GG's can only be "like" ressies. IE: all full hook-up, all preferred sites, all cabins. I don't think you can mix & match... but I know someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Now... as far as the FoJGG on July 5th (otherwise known as a meet & greet party).... you better stop in and introduce yourself!!! The site number will be posted as we get closer to the date, so just watch this thread.

Actually, I think you can mix and match. Obviously, a cabin won't be in the same loop as the rest of the bunch. One function of the grand gathering is to allow the entire group to book special dinners and purchase their merchandise. Also grand gatherings can book special fireworks seatings, etc.

Not a dumb question!! My understanding is GG's can only be "like" ressies. IE: all full hook-up, all preferred sites, all cabins. I don't think you can mix & match... but I know someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Now... as far as the FoJGG on July 5th (otherwise known as a meet & greet party).... you better stop in and introduce yourself!!! The site number will be posted as we get closer to the date, so just watch this thread.

Grand Gatherings can be anyone at any WDW resort. Not all groups choose to stay at one resort or in one area, but want to do activities together such a group meals or cruises etc. So any WDW guest can join a GG.

Thanks. Warning: we're a big obnoxious group...DH, me, DS 21, DS girlfriend 20, DD 12, DS 7 and youngest DD 2. It's hard to get us on the same page for anything. Usually kids win out, as in we go where they lead. I truly appreciate the invite though and hopefully can stop by.

I order the brisket yesterday so I’m bringing smoked brisket to the July 5th party and maybe some hotdogs. We still need a updated food list for the party. 11 day for us before we get to the Fort

According to Screamscape the MK 4th of July fireworks will be an all new show:

The Magic Kingdom will feature a new special fireworks show on July 4th called Disney’s Celebrate America! – A Forth of July Concert in the Sky that will take place at 9pm.

(I sure hope the cabin speakers are working!!!)

Actually, I think you can mix and match. Obviously, a cabin won't be in the same loop as the rest of the bunch. One function of the grand gathering is to allow the entire group to book special dinners and purchase their merchandise. Also grand gatherings can book special fireworks seatings, etc.

Grand Gatherings can be anyone at any WDW resort. Not all groups choose to stay at one resort or in one area, but want to do activities together such a group meals or cruises etc. So any WDW guest can join a GG.

You guys NEVER let me down!!:lmao: I knew someone would correct me if I was wrong!!!:thumbsup2

I will be arriving Tuesday July 1st see ya there it only cost me over $300 to fill up my coach LOL

Well, as it turns out, I no longer need to keep calling to get a regular full hookup. I'm going to have to stick with my preferred site. I'm going to need the cable so I can pay for the internet. Another coworker needs my aircard to work away from the office during a family emergency, and I'll need to keep up with work somewhat while I'm down there. I'll request a site in 800 that backs up to 900.

(There is a small chance I'll have to cancel, I just hope they let me know by 6 days out)

Well, as it turns out, I no longer need to keep calling to get a regular full hookup. I'm going to have to stick with my preferred site. I'm going to need the cable so I can pay for the internet. Another coworker needs my aircard to work away from the office during a family emergency, and I'll need to keep up with work somewhat while I'm down there. I'll request a site in 800 that backs up to 900.

(There is a small chance I'll have to cancel, I just hope they let me know by 6 days out)

:wizard: :wizard: That you can work from the Fort and NOT have to cancel :wizard: :wizard:

Since Jen is under the weather, I will attempt to complete the list she started.......

DisCampers; BBQ Brisket, hot dogs & buns
ibm2010: bringing tp (make sure it is rv compliant! :lmao: ), jello shooters
Clkelley: mini corn and butter, cream cheese shrimp balls and assorted crackers
Stacktester: baked beans
Gatordad & G8trmom: Taco Salad, beer (only for people he likes, so if you have doubts...bring your own beer)
Des1954: pro pasta salad
auburnJen92: hamburgers and buns (i can make the potato salad if you want and promise I will make it the day before so I am not slaving over the stove all night again...it is up to you)
BigKahuna1: veggie/cheese/snack platter; chilli cheese dip with chips
PolynesianPixie: SW virginia wine and whatever I pick up from the store in Orlando

Anything else?

Ami, don't forget to pick me up. Did you forget you were bringing me?

Since Jen is under the weather, I will attempt to complete the list she started.......

James: bringing tp (make sure it is rv compliant! :lmao: ), jello shooters
Carol: mini corn and butter, cream cheese shrimp balls and assorted crackers
Donnie: baked beans
Pete and Christa: Taco Salad, beer
Rudy: hotdogs and maybe brisket
Debbie: pro pasta salad
Jen and Chris: hamburgers and buns (i can make the potato salad if you want and promise I will make it the day before so I am not slaving over the stove all night again...it is up to you)
Steve: veggie/cheese/snack platter; chilli cheese dip with chips
Ami: SW virginia wine and whatever I pick up from the store in Orlando

Anything else?

beer for people i like..... also you need to identify the folks by their screen names. When I see a name like Rudy, I think of the guy from Fat Albert, not a dis boarder.

...When I see a name like Rudy, I think of the guy from Fat Albert...

It reminds me of this scene from MEATBALLS....

b04ddca2.jpg

Rudy...aka Wudy da Wabbit

I guess I missed the list but Rudy the dog is being BBQ brisket and Hotdogs with buns for both.:goofy:

I guess I missed the list but Rudy the dog is being BBQ brisket and Hotdogs with buns for both.:goofy:

You were on the list....I'm not sure what happened :confused3

I'll add you back!

Woo hoo! I get to drive the Gator cart and Donnie's truck :woohoo:

You were on the list....I'm not sure what happened :confused3

I'll add you back!

Woo hoo! I get to drive the Gator cart and Donnie's truck :woohoo:

Bring a gas card Ami. Oh and I was gonna see if we can trade arrangements one night. I'll let you stay at my camper and I'll stay at WL. That way I can feel rich for one night lol. I think too we'll come by and get some trouble going for you.
Below is a top 5 or so things to do to Ami while she's staying at WL.

5. Yes bartender I'm with Ami, so put it on her room key.
4. Oh I didn't know golf carts weren't allowed to be driven from FW. We were just coming over to pick Ami up.
3. Um Um Um, Ami said the towels were complimentary and take as many back to the fort as needed.
2. Where is my room key? What room key? Ami said she's quite in with the upper management and where we come from we don't need room keys.
1. Um excuse me Mr Mean Gene, but this red headed chic is crashing our grand gathering and we would like her removed. As a matter of fact I think she came to WDW with a mental group and needs to be taken back.

Add to the list if you please. I gotta go to Maxwell House to check a stack. BBL to see how Ami is ragging me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter