Grand Californian Super Thread

Popped over to Storyteller's for dinner and took pictures of the porte cochere project but don't know how to post them!

The normal valet area is completely walled off and we were directed around to the left, where the conference rooms are.

Popped over to Storyteller's for dinner and took pictures of the porte cochere project but don't know how to post them!

The normal valet area is completely walled off and we were directed around to the left, where the conference rooms are.
Do we know how long the porte cochere project will last?

Can anybody tell me the going rate for the various signature suites at the Grand? I'm curious about the El Capitan suite specifically. Trying to figure out my next year. I recall it being $1800/night but the wife thinks it's way more.

Can anybody tell me the going rate for the various signature suites at the Grand? I'm curious about the El Capitan suite specifically. Trying to figure out my next year. I recall it being $1800/night but the wife thinks it's way more.
I'm also interested in pricing, so share what you learn -- you will need to call.
Even without current information, your wife is correct -- I would expect more than $5000/night.

Considering Club Level rooms (which are just regular rooms with lounge access) are sometimes over $1000/night, the Signature Suites are going to be very pricey

I'm also interested in pricing, so share what you learn -- you will need to call.
Even without current information, your wife is correct -- I would expect more than $5000/night.

Considering Club Level rooms (which are just regular rooms with lounge access) are sometimes over $1000/night, the Signature Suites are going to be very pricey

Ugh... If I was paying $5k I'd be staying in the Adventureland Suite again, not the Grand's Suites. Was hoping I was remembering correctly.

Does anyone know if you can see the Monorail from all of the Courtyard/Woods view rooms? Or is it only from certain ones? Thanks!

Ugh... If I was paying $5k I'd be staying in the Adventureland Suite again, not the Grand's Suites. Was hoping I was remembering correctly.

hello :) we just returned from a GCH stay in a three bedroom suite and out of curiosity when I booked the room back in April I asked for the price on one of the Signature Suites for our dates... The El Capitan for our dates the price was $37,422 (4 nights)... I asked if that was for real and she said yes! the Arroyo for two nights was $14,541.93. I wrote them both down because I wanted to remember the price!! So I guess I am saying if you can get Adventurland for $5K a night I would go for it :) lol

Does anyone know if you can see the Monorail from all of the Courtyard/Woods view rooms? Or is it only from certain ones? Thanks!

On our last trip we were in a Courtyard/Woods view and did not have a monorail view. Our room was on the DCA side near the GCH entrance. Although, I did request that location. On a previous trip we requested a monorail view and got it.

hello :) we just returned from a GCH stay in a three bedroom suite and out of curiosity when I booked the room back in April I asked for the price on one of the Signature Suites for our dates... The El Capitan for our dates the price was $37,422 (4 nights)... I asked if that was for real and she said yes! the Arroyo for two nights was $14,541.93. I wrote them both down because I wanted to remember the price!! So I guess I am saying if you can get Adventurland for $5K a night I would go for it :) lol
Yes, it is about $1000-1500 more per night for the El Capitan compared to the Adventureland suite. I'm with you, I'd prefer the suites at the DLH. My choices are Mickey Mouse Penthouse (if kids are with me), Adventureland, and Pirates. You might want to try Pirates next year!

Yes, it is about $1000-1500 more per night for the El Capitan compared to the Adventureland suite. I'm with you, I'd prefer the suites at the DLH. My choices are Mickey Mouse Penthouse (if kids are with me), Adventureland, and Pirates. You might want to try Pirates next year!

OMG... That's all I can say... For those prices I'd ONLY stay in the Mickey Penthouse or Adventureland Suite. Now that I think about it, maybe I was thinking the Fairytale suite. Regardless, I just booked three nights at the grand in standard rooms from 4/11-4/13. I'm seriously disappointed that I couldn't offer Charlotte a signature experience for her solo trip with her parents for her 10th Bday but I'll make due. I'm already prepping her for Napa and SH55 (She's been to 55). Likely to be my only trip to DLR in 2019 as Money is tight and Aulani for Amy's 40th is looming....

o_O:crazy2: Wow, who can afford that other than LA celebrities. Insane. I honestly wouldn't pay that even if I could. I'd rather give that money to charity.

Paraphrasing Luke Skywalker:
37 Thousand! We could almost buy our own hotel for that...

While you could not buy your own hotel, $37k would buy a nice allotment of VGC points.

Idle curiosity, but I wonder how often the signature suites are occupied during a typical year. I mean 'paying guests' as opposed to Disney corporates or VIP 'comps'.

At $47K, hey, how about like, maybe, ok, 80 of us get together and split the costs!!! Think they'll notice the 'over occupancy'? Or if we divvy it up, we'll get about an hour each in the suite. :teacher::P

The signature suites at the DLH are pretty much booked 90% of the time. I have called to try and get a night a couple weeks out and they are always booked. A friend in the know says they are booked about 90%. I don't know on the Grand or PPH.

We just returned from a fabulous split stay between BWPPI (3 nights) and GCH (4 nights).

We reserved a Standard View Room, and both faxed and called in a request for 1. closest to Napa Rose Elevators 2. High floor 3. King bed arrangement.

Our room was ready at 8:00am when we checked in, Room 3415. We really liked the location of this room: View of Monorail, Partial view of DTD (Starbucks) and overlooking Brisa Courtyard with easy access to the elevators. The room was a Queen/Queen arrangement with no day bed or chair sleepers. It also contained a tub/shower combo, which I only noted because I remember reading some of the rooms having a shower stall enclosure-however did have the rainfall shower head. Of note as well, the amenities/toiletries were the 2.0 oz sizes and were replenished throughout our stay.

o_O:crazy2: Wow, who can afford that other than LA celebrities. Insane. I honestly wouldn't pay that even if I could. I'd rather give that money to charity.

8-) Actually, there are quite a lot of people that can afford $37,422 for four days at a Villa at the Grand:ssst:. That is why most of the suites are booked about 90% of the time. My wife and I can afford a regular room for four, maybe five days at a time once or maybe twice a year at the Grand or the DLH. But, we have friends and know several people that do rent a villa for three of four days at a time for family get-a-ways. They are very successful business people that work six to seven days a week, every week. That is why they are successful. They live well within their means, waiting for sales to purchase things like clothing, furniture, etc. But, when they go on vacation, they splurge and spend some money on things like Disneyland, Disney Cruises, etc :beach:.
:earsboy: It just depends on what you make and how you choose to spend it. Everyone is different. We have people tell us that going to Disney is a waste of money. The same people think nothing about spending thousands on RVs, dirt bikes, and or Harley Davidson's. I have one friend that spends thousands each year to go camping and Fly Fishing at a private area in Wyoming(he really enjoys it!). To each, his own:tinker:

I've paid more than the vehicle I daily drive is worth to stay a single night at the DLH. Was it a wise fiscal decision, no, but it's how I chose to celebrate my 40th birthday as a MEGA Disney fan with some means. I wouldn't do it any different if I had to do over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter