GotG Cosmic Rewind AP previews

So it's possible AP registration might go live at midnight.... someday in the next week or so?
Nah, I think the chance of it going live at midnight are miniscule.
What they do for CM signups seems to be completely unrelated to AP sign ups.
Other than they both have sign ups

Me too but with Guardians having WAY more hype and excitement around it than Remy I'm not expecting it to be open for very long.
Not just hype.
Guardians as a product is way more popular than Ratatouille.
Sure, folks are always interested in a new ride, no matter what the theme. So for that reason alone there was interest in Remy.
But here you have on top of a new ride an incredibly popular product with a Marvel product.
Much like you had Star Wars product over at HS when GE opened and people flocked to see it because it was Star Wars. There what it included was 2nd to it being Star Wars. People were going period. And no, Marvel isn't quite as big a fan base as Star Wars but it's not far behind. Ratatouille has really no fan base at all.

Nor can I recall a single commercial, before OR after Remy opened, regarding the ride. I've already seen several (and I rarely watch commercial TV) for Guardians. Saw one this morning. If an AP holder hadn't gotten the email or otherwise seen an announcement, they'll have had a chance to see a commercial. More ways to know it's coming.

Even if it has as many openings as Remy had, I think it will go faster.

I’m wondering how many people have APs now compared to the remy preview since they haven’t been selling them and lots of people didn’t renew

I’m wondering how many people have APs now compared to the remy preview since they haven’t been selling them and lots of people didn’t renew
Folks who didn't renew between Remy and now? Not many at all. I think most who decided not to renew had already not renewed. I'm sure some have but in way of percentages, not that many

I remember waiting for Remy previews sign up since I was at the park at the time. It’s was like 30 minutes of waiting just to access the sign up page.

Not just hype.
Guardians as a product is way more popular than Ratatouille.
Sure, folks are always interested in a new ride, no matter what the theme. So for that reason alone there was interest in Remy.
But here you have on top of a new ride an incredibly popular product with a Marvel product.
Much like you had Star Wars product over at HS when GE opened and people flocked to see it because it was Star Wars. There what it included was 2nd to it being Star Wars. People were going period. And no, Marvel isn't quite as big a fan base as Star Wars but it's not far behind. Ratatouille has really no fan base at all.

Nor can I recall a single commercial, before OR after Remy opened, regarding the ride. I've already seen several (and I rarely watch commercial TV) for Guardians. Saw one this morning. If an AP holder hadn't gotten the email or otherwise seen an announcement, they'll have had a chance to see a commercial. More ways to know it's coming.

Even if it has as many openings as Remy had, I think it will go faster.
Exactly. I'm not even a fan of Ratatouille, but I got the earliest possible chance to ride it because
1) Like you said everybody would flock to it causing unnecessarily long lines
2) I thought the ride system was cool.

Guardians is a similar story for me, I'm not really a marvel fan at all but I'm very interested in this ride because not only is it the first roller coaster at Epcot, but it has so many unique features to it that, if built as promised, could make this a one of a kind coaster and set a standard for indoor coasters in the years to come.

I have feeling that being such a hyped coaster, it will draw many local passholders to come just to experience it and say they did it.

I think the only kind of balance we’ll get is the height restriction. There will be some families who can’t do this ride/won’t go without their little ones. Then again, the parents can always sign up for a weekday slot and sneak in while the kids are at school lol.

Plus there are the ride chickens who won’t ride if it’s too intense (no judgment. I’m one of them and I wish they would have released the speed, drop heights, etc before doing sign-ups).

I think the only kind of balance we’ll get is the height restriction. There will be some families who can’t do this ride/won’t go without their little ones. Then again, the parents can always sign up for a weekday slot and sneak in while the kids are at school lol.

Plus there are the ride chickens who won’t ride if it’s too intense (no judgment. I’m one of them and I wish they would have released the speed, drop heights, etc before doing sign-ups).
Which will probably be balanced out by those who skipped Remy because it was too tame (i.e. lame) for them to bother with
Thinking mainly some tween/teens here.

Maybe some of the info you need will come out from the other preview riders. They'll not have videos but they'll still have leaks about some of it I'm sure.

Preview reservations for SW:GE were available for hours.
For which part?
The land opening? When only Millennium Falcon was open?
Or for when Rise opened?
or both?
I'll be honest, I can't recall how they did what
I know we went and went to opening day but it was just too long ago to remember the details or how we signed up
Or even how long they ran the reservations for (how many days they had them)

For which part?
Or for when Rise opened?
or both?
I know we went and went to opening day but it was just too long ago to remember the details or how we signed up
We went opening day when it was the entire land and millennium falcon. I remember the sign up running much smoother than the remy registration. I can’t remember how long they ran the reservations though

For which part?
Or for when Rise opened?
or both?
I don't think there were previews for Rise

Is anyone in here trying for D23 tomorrow? I'm not, just curious.
I was fully planning on it - I had actually rescheduled a hair appointment so I could be home and try to grab tickets, but then my daughter found out her graduate assistantship would like her start earlier if possible, and that week of May 15th happens to be the only time available for us to help her move to get there in time. Thankfully I found this out today and not after I had successfully (in my dreamworld) procured D23 passes.

If I remember correctly, DVC was given advanced notice of exactly when spots would become available. I logged in while at work and sat in a virtual queue for a half hour and got a good spot.

Is anyone in here trying for D23 tomorrow? I'm not, just curious.

Yes, I'm planning on trying for it. The circumstances aligned that we had already planned an existing birthday trip from 5/12 to 5/16, so that night will be our last of the trip and I'm really hoping it works out! The link for tickets already has the Queue-It prompt up. Was this system used previously for any D23 events? It looks like the line spots are randomly assigned and not FCFS. That is slightly disappointing, but from an IT standpoint probably good to manage the very short term influx of traffic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter