Peanut Butter and Jelly Milkshake

Yield: 3 3/4 cups

Ingredients

1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
3 tablespoons grape jelly
1/4 cup milk
3 cups vanilla ice cream, softened

Method:

1. Combine peanut butter and jelly in a small bowl, mixing well.

2. Combine milk, ice cream, and peanut butter mixture in container of an electric blender.

3. Process mixture until smooth, stopping once to scrape down sides.

~~~~~~~
I really do feel for you. I can't imagine your situation! Please know that I am thinking of you and praying for you. You are one tough cookie!

XOXO

Thank you to your DH and lots of :hug: to you and your family. Although easier said than done, try not to think about it too much and he'll be home before you know it! :flower3:

Mamaloya, THANK YOU! Your husband, you, and your family make it possible for the rest of us to enjoy the lives that we have. It is an enormous gift that you give the rest of us every single day. I wish there was something that we could give back to you (besides Gatordad giving you therapy :lmao: ). Please know that we appreciate everything that your family has given up for the rest of the country. :grouphug: I live near a military base and every time I have the pleasure of meeting a soldier (retired included ;) ) , I always try to thank him/her for their service. I hope the next 6 months go by quickly for you. Have a good cry whenever you need one. Oh, and ice cream really CAN make you feel a little better! :flower3:

I think he must have been drunk (no offense..I mean enjoying a cocktail or two)...that doesn't sound like Pete...(posting a song?:confused3 )..more like something Debbie would have posted. :) Something is "off".:confused:

Hi Sandra. I'm just now finding your post and I hope today is a better day for you! :goodvibes I hope you're able to find some comfort and share a few chuckles from this board.

To get under Gatordad's skin you can use this smiley --> :goodvibes (hehe) And for a good laugh at poor Donnie's expense (he's a good sport)...ask to see pics of his camper from the last grand gathering at the Fort! ;)

Sandra,

I can tell you that it's much harder on the families left behind than on the people actually deployed. Hang in there.

Never been to Korea, but it sounds good. I didn't even know it was an accompanied tour now -

OH - I forgot to add that the otters and I will have a couple of beers for you - Molson because I like their new labels! :lmao:

Hi Sandra. I'm just now finding your post and I hope today is a better day for you! :goodvibes I hope you're able to find some comfort and share a few chuckles from this board.

To get under Gatordad's skin you can use this smiley --> :goodvibes (hehe) And for a good laugh at poor Donnie's expense (he's a good sport)...ask to see pics of his camper from the last grand gathering at the Fort! ;)

ahhhhhhhhhh i'm a pillar of salt.

I think he must have been drunk (no offense..I mean enjoying a cocktail or two)...that doesn't sound like Pete...(posting a song?:confused3 )..more like something Debbie would have posted. :) Something is "off".:confused:

no, no drinking for me last night, although we almost went to Las Vallartas, which means $3.50 32oz beers........ Maybe I'm a repressed song and dance man.

funny-pictures-dancing-wb-cat.jpg

well i've got no tattoos nore piercings, so so far so good.

Wish I could say the same. :eek:

This is from 50's Prime Time cafe:

Peanut Butter and Jelly Milkshake

XOXO

I will have to try that recipe. Sounds good.

:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Just kidding gatordad, you really made me laugh. I appreciate it.
And, Donnie, where are those pics????

Sandra,

I can tell you that it's much harder on the families left behind than on the people actually deployed. Hang in there.

Never been to Korea, but it sounds good. I didn't even know it was an accompanied tour now -

OH - I forgot to add that the otters and I will have a couple of beers for you - Molson because I like their new labels! :lmao:

Not all positions are accompanied. There are some 1 yr positions that are TDY. The position that he would be in would be accompanied and 3 years.

I may have to find an otter to add to my peacock in the back window of my camper.

To all those offering thanks to my dh and family, thank you for your support.

Auntie, I think he is just trying to be silly to make me laugh. It worked, of cours, that doesn't mean he wasn't drunk. :rotfl:

The drugs worked and I slept great. Woke up a little groggy though. School started a little late for us today. :teacher: As long as we do it though right. :rolleyes1

I really am feeling better today, thank you so much guys.

Now, back to the silliness and no more mushy stuff.

Nope he was quite sober...I think he is sleep deprived. He's been up till 2 everynite studying for finals.....

Nope he was quite sober...I think he is sleep deprived. He's been up till 2 everynite studying for finals.....

He won't get anywhere staying sober - he should do what I did when I was working on my MBA -- CHEAT!

Sandra:

I was just wondering yesterday about your husband. I knew he had been deployed but couldn't remember how long it had been.

Deployments stink, but at least the Signal guys get the satellites set up pretty quick and allow computer access now. That helps, but is not the same as being home. It helps him to know you are holding things down at home. On my deployments, I always told my wife - it's harder to come home than to leave. The transition back to home life will be difficult for him, so help him transition back into his family life.

Chaplains have a tough job, and I always admired them. In addition to their own issues with deployment, they have to help the other soldiers through their individual problems.

So stay focused, take care of the kids and the pets and the household. That will help him and you. And keep an eye on the light at the end of the tunnel. When you're in Korea, buy sneakers and don't eat the food.

Chaplains have a tough job, and I always admired them.

I had a good friend who was a chaplain and he always complained that everyone was too independent and never came to him for anything until it was almost too late! Tough, tough job. He was a catholic priest though and didn't have a wife or family (that I knew about anyways). :cool1:

He moved out west and I haven't seen him in years.

Tell you what, they helped a few of my guys out a couple times. When these guys started spilling their guts to me about what was going on at home or their personal issues, the chaplain was the first guy I called.

Tell you what, they helped a few of my guys out a couple times. When these guys started spilling their guts to me about what was going on at home or their personal issues, the chaplain was the first guy I called.

Not bad advice for civilian life either!!!

Sandra:

I was just wondering yesterday about your husband. I knew he had been deployed but couldn't remember how long it had been.

Deployments stink, but at least the Signal guys get the satellites set up pretty quick and allow computer access now. That helps, but is not the same as being home. It helps him to know you are holding things down at home. On my deployments, I always told my wife - it's harder to come home than to leave. The transition back to home life will be difficult for him, so help him transition back into his family life.

Chaplains have a tough job, and I always admired them. In addition to their own issues with deployment, they have to help the other soldiers through their individual problems.

So stay focused, take care of the kids and the pets and the household. That will help him and you. And keep an eye on the light at the end of the tunnel. When you're in Korea, buy sneakers and don't eat the food.

Thanks Jim. When dh got home for R&R in June he had a tough time with dd12. When he left she was a little girl, dressed like a tomboy and we had to fight her just to take a bath and brush her teeth. When he came for the 18 days, she had "mammaries" (as gatordad sig refers to them), she had "started", was wearing makeup and he had to fight to get her OUT of the shower. Takes longer than I do to get ready. She also started to find boys interesting. When we were out front with our neighbors one day she ran across the street to talk to one of the boys, I thought his veins were going to bust through his forehead. Later he walked into the house and there was a bunch of kids, mixed company, sitting in the living room. He walked in and the boy she was sitting next to jumped up like a snake had bit him. dh just sat and stared. Needless to say they all left. I told him I would rather them hangout in our living room than where I can't see them. :eek: He was in culture shock I guess. She is a totally different child than the one he left.

I have tried to not make changes in the household while he is gone. I also try to keep him in the loop, which is hard because when a decision needs to be made I can't just call and discuss it with him. I can go days w/o hearing from him.

As for internet, he has internet and phone in his room. How is it that he has internet in his room in the middle of the dessert and FW is just now getting cable and internet to each site. :confused3 Even though he has it in his room, he is hardly there. He is the head chaplain, which means he is quite busy. Every other chaplain comes to him with all their needs. He is there for every convoy that comes in or out. He is also at the hospital all the time for those guys. Then, there are communication black outs frequently.

Up until last night I did not let him know how much I missed him. I didn't want him to worry. Turns out he was sad thinking I didn't miss him. :cutie:

As for taking care of the dogs, the big one, Gibson, is taking care of me. He chased an intruder out one night. He also lets me know when a kid goes out unattended. dd12 stayed the night at a neighbors house a couple of weeks ago and her and her friend went out about 10pm and he woke me up and ratted her out. She was not happy. One night she went out to put something in the trash and he barked until I came down to acknowledge that it was OK for her to be out there. I told dh that I pity the boy that ever tries to sneak in her window. He may not make it back out with all of his appendages in tact. :lmao: dh feels better knowing that Gibson has him covered in his absense.

Any tips on helping ease him back into the house on his return?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter