GOOD MORNING DIS! Whoopsidoodle Hangers On and Friends Meet Here Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
:wave: HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetinmaine
We had something similar happen to us at a Dunkin Donuts in NH...What??? No donuts!!!

The same thing happens at two Dunkin Donuts here! What the heck do they do in those places if they don't make donuts? :confused3 Remember the good old days when they actually dumped out the old donuts after 6 hrs and made fresh ones there?
I just watched this short video on Yahoo about a cat waking his master..I thought of you and Lynn immediately!!
DD sent me that one last week. My little cat jumps up like that all the time........never carries a bat though! ........that I've found!;)
Ohhh... I knew that she was going there but didn't realize that they were getting hit from the tropical storm...Hope everything is OK with her...Maybe she'll check in from her DD's computer
I did........you must've had ESP! :rolleyes1
I gotta go to. There's a craft show at church.
I went to a craft show this morning that benefited DD's hospital. :rolleyes1

Yep--one week from today! DH and I are already disagreeing about what time to leave for the airport! :lmao: I always want to leave earlier than he does. Since our plane leaves at 6:10 AM, we'll have to go fairly early--the airport is 35 minutes away.

I'm SO excited!!!!!
:yay: I'm excited for you!!!! :woohoo: We've always stayed at the airport hotel for our early flights like that. It's much easier to jump on one of their hotel to terminal shuttles at that hour. DH wanted to do it this time to.......and our flight isn't until 9:45am! I consider it 'pre-vacation'

Have I talked about this place? It is about 45 minutes from here, the start of the Appalachian trail. I know I thought about posting it in where am I? Just don't know if I did.
My old boss's daughter hiked that whole thing with a group. I can't remember how long it took them, but they camped the whole way. I had given her a lot of leftover travel soaps, etc. She had a blast, but I don't think I could do the whole thing like she did..........of course, she was in her 20's too. ;)
I mentioned to DH that I had a weird thought. Maybe we should go to the shore for a day and get some ocean air. Of course, given our schedule, I have no idea WHEN we would do that.
My house is on the way to the shore! ;) .....well, somewhere between you and the shore....:rolleyes:

I haven't done any packing so I'd better throw a few shirts into the suitcase to at least look like I'm interested...
:confused3 Not interested in packing? Did I miss something?
So do you think those that check in later will be able to catch up? It HAS been slow around here today!
::yes::

I created my own fake salt air. Steamy salt water heated in the microwave I have no idea if it helped.
They sell salt water nose spray, you just cut out the middle man! ;)

I'm home! And I'm DONE!!!!
:cheer2: It sounds like you made the right choice!
Lynn, I'm glad you're okay and the weather didn't get you!
nah!..........and the future inlaws didn't either...........gusty though!;) :cool2:
Okay, even with the time change, you're all still gone for the night. So, I'll turn out the lights...

Night-night!
night_night_girls.jpg
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait!!!!!!!!! :rotfl:
So I tried to get on last night, wanted to turn the lights off...(since Lynn wasn't around he he he) but I couldn't. DIS was really slow, couldn't get it to refresh in an acceptable amount of time.:sad2:
Not my fault this time!!!!!!!!!:lmao: :hug:

And Terri's packing!!!!!!:woohoo:
And Tammy better be packing!!!:hippie:
And Steve got stewed for dinner.;)
And Kathy got stewed at lunch after making a salty brew and drinking one..........and now she out imitating Yankee Doodle or something.:rolleyes1
And Rachel got stalked.......kind of :confused3
And Nancy's a free spirit for a couple of days.....:cheer2:
Sooooooooooo...................no one's here but me.........

I'm going to go catch up on emails and stuff :wave2:

I'm here!

I have decided that I can NOT stay out until 2 am and function the next day. :sad2:

Had a good time at the little party last night. DH went with me and he is a bad influence. Old NBM showed up and that was a nice surprise. DH really liked him and made a comment about no wonder we all miss him since he is so nice.

I now need to read back and see what I've missed all day and half the night. We were at the Bills game today and sitting outdoors for hours just poops me out so I'm heading to bed early. Especially since I have a special day tomorrow.:yay:

:grouphug: Glad you had a good day! Now...change your siggie!!!

I just did!

Choir went ok this morning...even with not being able to HEAR the monitors.:scared1: :thumbsup2 I was happy; it was the best we could do under the circumstances, and even got a compliment. BUT, I must say I am NOT using a tape again! I don't think the sound person knew EXACTLY what he was doing. And our sound system needs to be replaced.

As for my cold, I'm feeling better today than yesterday. I have NO idea if the beer helped. I talked to a couple nurses, who said the salt water thing was good, but vinegar water also works.:) We have a humidifier upstairs in our room and one in the family room...the two rooms we use the most.

And now I'm relaxing, eating, and I'm all packed! I dug out a sweatsuit for the great white North. :wave2: Hi Nancy! Too bad I don't have time to get together with you. :sad2:

So close and yet so far.

I would like to thank you all for not being so chatty.:cheer2:

I have to tell you all a SIL story. I know I've mentioned her before but she is really a piece of work sometimes.

DH and I walked into the funeral parlor and before I could even get over and hug K (the friend whose Dad died) SIL comes up and loudly says "Guess what? We're going to Disney World and we're going for free!" Now I'm happy she is going but that wasn't the time to tell me about. She will be there next November (so no one plan on going then! LOL!) and they are staying at the Yacht Club. My BIL works for Value Home Centers and they are going down for a few meetings and wives get to go along. The only thing they have to pay for is park passes and food.

DH, on the way home kept asking "when are they going again, it isn't going to be when we are there is it?"

My SIL has no tact at all. :confused3 At another neighbors funeral she approached the children and asked if they were going to sell the house because if they do she wants to buy it. And guess what? She did end up buying it. Now she lives right next door to MIL. Lucky MIL;)

Lynn...of COURSE you went to a craft show.;)

Nancy...your SIL is DEFINITELY a piece of work.:rolleyes: Talking about vacations at a funeral??? :confused3

hello all...going to bed soon. I know its really early, but we're sleepy. Tomorrow AM I'm going to the YMCA and hopefully will be motivated to workout. If I'm feeling lazy at least I'll do weights and walk 30 minutes.

I'm heading off to bed soon too. I am way too old to do all the stuff I did this weekend. :rotfl:

Ooooooh....maybe I get to turn the lights off tonight!

Nancy, sorry your party was so fun that you had trouble finding the computer.......NOT!:lmao: :lmao:

Lynn, glad you made it back safely.

Hi/bye everyone else. LONNNNNG day today with drama from unexpected Lacrosse-related places....nobody (especially not best friend's parent) messes with MY DS without hearing EXACTLY how I feel about it!!;)

(Oh....did I say that out loud....:confused3 )

Tomorrow morning I will try to check in but have early morning dental appointment...:scared1:

Hello guys.. :wave2: I haven't been here as often this weekend because I was having a fun time relaxing (I know, video games got to me again.. :rotfl: ) though I'm going to go into a Not-so-happy post next, so I figure I should at least say...

GOOD MORNING!

Before I go into Depressing Material. Oh and how about a smiley face too.. :upsidedow

Smiley-face.gif

OK, here we go, sad post. :sad:

I have suspected that one of my roomies hates me. I don't know why, but they always seem to be grumpy around me. Well, I have just made the situation a hell of a lot worse when I got myself locked out this morning... And HE answered the door......

I feel stupid for the whole thing, and I also for the fact that he hated me to begin with. We used to be kinda close during week one, but now? Nada... Virtual Hugs would be nice at the moment. :hug:

Now for the happy stuff... :upsidedow

Good Morning! :sunny:

I went to bed early too. And now I'm up at this ridiculous time. Between my cold and the time change :faint:

3P...people should really watch the ruffling of the mother hen's feathers.;) Good luck with your early appt.:scared: I prefer early appts., but then it always seems like the day is shot and I can't get anything done.:confused3

PM...the first semester/year is the roughest/toughest with roommates. It starts because sometimes two people are just "thrown together" and have to live together, and you find out all the little idiosyncrasies of their personality. Most people who have gone off to college and lived there have been through what you're going through. Hang in there. Sometimes it's possible to change roommates. The other part of the equation is, everyone is in a completely new situation, academically speaking, so not only is it challenging socially, but it's challenging in every aspect, every day.:hug: :hug: :hug: Hope that helped.

I'm back, with Something of note..

Muhlenburg = 22.76 posts per day

Pokemon_master: 12.14 posts per day

:scared1: :lmao:

Oh and speaking of Mulhenburg... :hug: Thanks. That made me happier. :) I guess it's that everything is new at the moment that is why everything is so blurgh at the moment. Thanks Mulhenburg :hug:

Today's Lecture was actually a class I found out, :lmao: and I discovered that I may be able to use my newly found Film Society membership.. to go watch a film.. :lmao: I hope that if I go see a film I might be able to make a few more friends.. :)

I better get and do some work now, be back in a minute or too. :)

I'm back, with Something of note..

Muhlenburg = 22.76 posts per day

Pokemon_master: 12.14 posts per day

:scared1: :lmao:

Oh and speaking of Mulhenburg... :hug: Thanks. That made me happier. :) I guess it's that everything is new at the moment that is why everything is so blurgh at the moment. Thanks Mulhenburg :hug:

Today's Lecture was actually a class I found out, :lmao: and I discovered that I may be able to use my newly found Film Society membership.. to go watch a film.. :lmao: I hope that if I go see a film I might be able to make a few more friends.. :)

I better get and do some work now, be back in a minute or too. :)

You're welcome.:) Been there, done that, now on child #3 doing the same thing.;) Well, DS's situation is a LITTLE different. He's in an apartment/condo/flat instead of a dorm. And the college SORT of picked the roommate. He was referred to us.

Yep...my post count is a bit...well..:scared1: considering the time frame.:eek: I really don't talk too much in RL.:rotfl:

Good Morning...

I didn't get any packing done yesterday :sad2: , unless you count my bathroom bag that is always packed. I put it in my suitcase...I guess that counts as something. I took my sunglasses out of the car and brought them in and put them next to my suitcase :)

Evening all!
The stew came out great! I might have added to much peppercorn though.It called for a tablespoon but i put in 2. The crockport instructions stated to place any spices in the last hour but the recipe stated to put it in with everything. Was not sure if it would disolve but they dont! Anways much better than the last time. Very hot and peppery ! I still have alot left over to. Stew for another night

Would you mind sharing your recipe?? It sounds good...:thumbsup2

Going to Macaroni Grill for dinner. REALLY SOON!

Never been to a Macaroni Grill...I think the closest one to us is in Albany, NY..Is it all pasta?

HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How did the shower go? Were you relaxed and having a good timed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetinmaine
We had something similar happen to us at a Dunkin Donuts in NH...What??? No donuts!!!

The same thing happens at two Dunkin Donuts here! What the heck do they do in those places if they don't make donuts? Remember the good old days when they actually dumped out the old donuts after 6 hrs and made fresh ones there?

I do remember...:sad2: they don't do that anymore around here either.

I'm heading off to bed soon too. I am way too old to do all the stuff I did this weekend.

A good ole party to show us our age! :laughing: You deserved the good time! Your new job starts today right??? Best of Luck to you! :hug: :banana:

Ooooooh....maybe I get to turn the lights off tonight!

Hi/bye everyone else. LONNNNNG day today with drama from unexpected Lacrosse-related places....nobody (especially not best friend's parent) messes with MY DS without hearing EXACTLY how I feel about it!!

(Oh....did I say that out loud.... )

Tomorrow morning I will try to check in but have early morning dental appointment...

Good for you 3P! People sometimes forget that blood runs deep! I would have done the same thing...I can complain about my DS and his habits etc but that doesn't open it up to comments from the peanut gallery! And that counts when they are adults too! Good luck at the appointment.

OK, here we go, sad post.

I have suspected that one of my roomies hates me. I don't know why, but they always seem to be grumpy around me. Well, I have just made the situation a hell of a lot worse when I got myself locked out this morning... And HE answered the door......

I feel stupid for the whole thing, and I also for the fact that he hated me to begin with. We used to be kinda close during week one, but now? Nada... Virtual Hugs would be nice at the moment. :hug:

Matt...:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Like Kathy said, you've all been thrown into this small area without really getting an opportunity to get to know each other first. Maybe he's got something else on his mind and you just happen to be on the receiving end of his glares? :confused3 I wouldn't worry too much about it...There are lots of people to be friends with and maybe this guy isn't one of them...Lots of fish in the sea!!

I really don't talk too much in RL.:rotfl:

Yeah...sure...:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl:

How's the weather there in Rochester? Do you have to pick the fly up in Syracuse on your way back or was it a one way ticket? :rotfl:

Looks like I missed Tammy. :(

Macaroni grill is mostly pasta. So if you're on a mostly protein diet, it won't work too well.

We are leaving that fly in Syracuse! He's probably dead by now.:lmao:

The air is nice and crisp and clean here! I'm breathing easier, and so is my mom.;)

:wave: Good Morning! My cats keep following me from room to room this morning, so I thought I'd cut them a break and sit in one place for a few. :cool2:

I have to tell you all a SIL story. I know I've mentioned her before but she is really a piece of work sometimes.
It's a good thing you don't have to be around her a lot.
Lynn...of COURSE you went to a craft show.;)
This one was Sunday morning right in our hotel banquet room. DD bought a couple of things, but I just looked........and dh just kinda wandered around with us. :)

Hi/bye everyone else. LONNNNNG day today with drama from unexpected Lacrosse-related places....nobody (especially not best friend's parent) messes with MY DS without hearing EXACTLY how I feel about it!!;)
(Oh....did I say that out loud....:confused3 )
Yepper........said outloud, and now you need to come back and give us the details. :hug:
OK, here we go, sad post. :sad:

Now for the happy stuff... :upsidedow
:hug: Awww. Don't let being locked out put you on a level below your roomie. Hold that chin up and remember that Matt is important too!!! :cheer2: College roomies can turn out to be not what you expected. DD even roomed with her best friend and went through bad times. Hang in there Matt! It's good that your film society has new doors for you to open and friends to find. It'll be better when you find your own group to at least hang out with......ones that share some of your interests. :grouphug:

Good luck with your early appt.:scared: I prefer early appts., but then it always seems like the day is shot and I can't get anything done.:confused3
My schedule for the day.............pick up ds at 10:15 for 10:45 dr. appt., then again at 2:30 for reg. dr. followed by phys. thera. hour. In the meantime, other ds's repaired Xbox 360 is supposed to be delivered sometime today and needs someone to sign or they won't leave it. :confused: It's already been gone for 6 weeks! and finally got the call to have someone home to accept it today. .......Trying to figure out where I put that cloning wand..............:scratchin

Good Morning...

I didn't get any packing done yesterday :sad2: , unless you count my bathroom bag that is always packed. I put it in my suitcase...I guess that counts as something. I took my sunglasses out of the car and brought them in and put them next to my suitcase :)

When do you leave?

HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How did the shower go? Were you relaxed and having a good timed?
It was very nice and I enjoyed meeting the bridesmaids and friends. It wasn't a very long shower, but at least the weather cleared and the sun came out. :)

Good for you 3P! People sometimes forget that blood runs deep! I would have done the same thing...I can complain about my DS and his habits etc but that doesn't open it up to comments from the peanut gallery! And that counts when they are adults too! Good luck at the appointment.
errrrrrrrrrrrrrr.............I had to bite my tongue several times this weekend with the future inlaws...........and one time couldn't............:angel: :rolleyes1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter