GOOD MORNING DIS! Whoopsidoodle Hangers On and Friends Meet Here Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm home! And I'm DONE!!!!

It was a good day but it did reinforce the fact that I am making the right decision to move on. NBM didn't even bother to say goodbye to me. Store manager didn't say a word at all to me since I gave notice. Even today nothing. I did make the rounds around the store to say goodbye to certain people. The frozen manager (not even someone I worked close with) gave me a hug and 2 ice cream cones as a good bye present.

My old boss the NICE boss man called me to say goodbye and wish me luck, heck even his parents came in today to say goodbye to me and they haven't been in the store since he left. (BTW his parents are super nice people and I can see why NBM is so nice!)

When I left 2 of the night managers from the front end gave me balloons, a card and a really nice fruit tart (value is 35.00). I was feeling rather neglected up to that point.;)

So after 16 1/2 years it is over. I thought I would feel worse, but I feel good. I will miss some of the people, I will NOT miss some of the people. OH yeah MBL was NOT there and that just made my day!

Now time for dinner, then the wake, then the party for a little bit.

It was a good day but it did reinforce the fact that I am making the right decision to move on. NBM didn't even bother to say goodbye to me. Store manager didn't say a word at all to me since I gave notice. Even today nothing. I did make the rounds around the store to say goodbye to certain people. The frozen manager (not even someone I worked close with) gave me a hug and 2 ice cream cones as a good bye present.

My old boss the NICE boss man called me to say goodbye and wish me luck, heck even his parents came in today to say goodbye to me and they haven't been in the store since he left. (BTW his parents are super nice people and I can see why NBM is so nice!)

When I left 2 of the night managers from the front end gave me balloons, a card and a really nice fruit tart (value is 35.00). I was feeling rather neglected up to that point.;)

So after 16 1/2 years it is over. I thought I would feel worse, but I feel good. I will miss some of the people, I will NOT miss some of the people. OH yeah MBL was NOT there and that just made my day!

Yay Nancy! That was nice of the night managers and even the frozen manager to do that!:) :cool1:

Hi 3P!:)

Well the Italian pizza came out pretty good. Stop and Shop brand that is left
to cook for just 8 minutes.:)

Sunday, i will try the recipe for the Tuscan beef stew again.:wizard: Still rainiy here .Go to go and take the milk out of the car.:)

Nancy, I'm glad your day went okay and that you're still feeling good about leaving Wegman's. :hug:

3P, that field trip your DS went on looks so BEAUTIFUL!!! :love:

Steve, glad your pizza was good!

Lynn, I'm glad you're okay and the weather didn't get you!

Kathy--salt air, a beer, hmm.... I think you need pretzels with that beer!!:idea:

Tammy, I know there's a tapas place at our Universal City Walk, (CA--don't know about the one in FL) but I don't remember seeing one in DTD. I'll look into it...

Okay, even with the time change, you're all still gone for the night. So, I'll turn out the lights...

Night-night!
night_night_girls.jpg

We had something similar happen to us at a Dunkin Donuts in NH...What??? No donuts!!!

:eek:

:yay: You did it! I'm glad those few people were kind to you. :) :hug:

My friend and I had an interesting experience in VMK, LOL. Check this out: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1628431 It was just weird. :rolleyes:

I am SO looking forward to the extra hour of sleep! Of course, I have no clue why I'm still up at 2 am... :eek:

Good Morning! :sunny:

NP...you were up so you could turn the lights out!

I was awake at..............2:45! I got up and took some cold medicine and went back to bed so I could get up 2 hours later. :faint:

My head is still VERY stuffy...and I can't breath...and the choir sings this morning...and I feel like whining. :p

And now...a little later...my head is feeling a little better!!!:cool:

Good Morning...Down right chilly here...38F but with the time change at least it is light outside.

Kathy, I sure hope that you're feeling better soon. Those fall colds are bad to have.. They seem to hang on forever...I swear by NyQuil at night.

It's definitely been slow Saturday around here. ::yes::

I created my own fake salt air. Steamy salt water heated in the microwave.:rotfl: I have no idea if it helped.:rotfl:

:lmao: ...Try anything once!! You could also have tried the steamy shower and then go outdoors, or run a humidifier...I do like your idea though..

Well....it couldn't hurt, :confused3 could it?

:rotfl:

I think a real trip to someplace Southern with sea air would be better. Of course, if you can't do it right away it doesn't seem the same, does it!:sad2: :idea: Another reason to buy DVC! OK, not sure why, but sounds good! :lmao:

Of course DVC!!!:thumbsup2 I'm sure you were referring to trips she could take to Vero Beach or even Hilton Head Island...Salty ocean air...See Kathy, just another reason to go with the DVC membership!!

It doesn't look like you're leaving behind anyone that had any class Nancy. Well, except for the frozen manager..:sad2: The others are already feeling their loss...

That means something I'm sure. :thumbsup2

Very nice...At least you worked with someone who appreciated you :hug:

congratulations.gif
and Best of Luck in your new position!!

Sunday, i will try the recipe for the Tuscan beef stew again.:wizard: Still rainiy here .Go to go and take the milk out of the car.:)

Tuscan Beef Stew?? Sounds yummy...let me know how it comes out...

:eek:

My friend and I had an interesting experience in VMK, LOL. Check this out: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1628431 It was just weird. :rolleyes:

I am SO looking forward to the extra hour of sleep! Of course, I have no clue why I'm still up at 2 am... :eek:

That is weird NP...You should have reported it...You just never know nowadays...

I'm trying to kill some germs from the inside out.;) Alcohol kills germs, right? I figured a beer was in order.:lmao:

The fake salt air got interrupted by dinner.

:lmao: :lmao: People always said hot toddy for colds...I'm sure cold beer has the same effect!:rotfl:

Nancy, :woohoo: :woohoo: . Glad your mean boss people made the day a little easier!;) It just proves they have no class. Under any circumstances the minimum required of them was a thank you for all you've been/done and good luck!:confused3 Glad others gave you a more appropriate send-off!:goodvibes

Steve, you'll have to tell us how the stew goes tonight...popcorn::
We'll take some of your rain...the whole thing missed us, and we needed it!:upsidedow

I was awake at..............2:45! I got up and took some cold medicine and went back to bed so I could get up 2 hours later. :faint:

My head is still VERY stuffy...and I can't breath...and the choir sings this morning...and I feel like whining. :p

Kathy...you NEED a vacation! ::yes::

I wondered how this time change would affect you. I have NO problem sleeping a little later, but for you....2:45?:scared1:

Good Morning...Down right chilly here...38F but with the time change at least it is light outside.

Kathy, I sure hope that you're feeling better soon. Those fall colds are bad to have.. They seem to hang on forever...I swear by NyQuil at night.

Of course DVC!!!:thumbsup2 I'm sure you were referring to trips she could take to Vero Beach or even Hilton Head Island...Salty ocean air...See Kathy, just another reason to go with the DVC membership!!

That is weird NP...You should have reported it...You just never know nowadays...

NP, Tammy is right...can you still report it?

And Kathy, the verdict is unanimous...

Doctors Tammy and 3P both think the only thing that will help you and DH feel better is to take a Disney vacation to try out DVC, and buy on the spot!:thumbsup2

Alright, I'm posting and going. We're headed to church, I just had a few extra minutes (thanks to the time change.) Everyone have a good day, and Kathy travel safely!:sunny:

Glad you are done! Its weird to make such a big change. I'm glad all the people that mattered came to say goodbye.

NP--I totally would've reported that. Especially the "shoot you" bit. That was really weird.

Good morning! Nice to see the sun at this hour!!!!!

Rachel, gangsters at Disney????!!!! :scared1: Not only that, but gangsters who can't spell...

I'd report them, as everyone else has said...

Sorry to hear that the beer didn't make you all better... :hug: I hope you made it through church okay!

Speaking of that, I need to hop in the shower and go to church myself.

:wave2:

Choir went ok this morning...even with not being able to HEAR the monitors.:scared1: :thumbsup2 I was happy; it was the best we could do under the circumstances, and even got a compliment. BUT, I must say I am NOT using a tape again! I don't think the sound person knew EXACTLY what he was doing. And our sound system needs to be replaced.

As for my cold, I'm feeling better today than yesterday. I have NO idea if the beer helped. I talked to a couple nurses, who said the salt water thing was good, but vinegar water also works.:) We have a humidifier upstairs in our room and one in the family room...the two rooms we use the most.

And now I'm relaxing, eating, and I'm all packed! I dug out a sweatsuit for the great white North. :wave2: Hi Nancy! Too bad I don't have time to get together with you. :sad2:

NP, Tammy is right...can you still report it?

Yes we can, and I think my friend is going to report because he's the one with the pictures. We were watching the conversation and commenting on it over IM and just :rotfl: :rotfl: ... until the shooting part came along. :scared: What if we were 7 years old and saw that? That would have scared the living crap out of me. :sad2:

Plus the "gay" guy was going against values as well since that kind of talk is not allowed in VMK. The sad thing is, it's so hard to report in-game (we're using email to report this incident) and often the staff bans the person doing the reporting rather than the person who did the bad thing. :headache: So reporting in-game has become more of a hazard than anything else. But I'll make sure he reports by email. :thumbsup2

That last part will make your DH happy!

Yes it will, even if I just begin to pack..:thumbsup2 It always seems like such a chore to do...

I did do the ToysRUs run and spoke with the manager. He apologized and then gave me a $10 gift card for my troubles. It was a nice gesture and so I've restored faith in Toys however going forward I will clearly check each receipt before I walk away from the register...

:wave2: Terri!! Less than a week for you!!! :banana:

NP..glad that you are going to report the incident...There are some strange people in this world!

Choir went ok this morning...even with not being able to HEAR the monitors.:scared1: :thumbsup2 I was happy; it was the best we could do under the circumstances, and even got a compliment. BUT, I must say I am NOT using a tape again! I don't think the sound person knew EXACTLY what he was doing. And our sound system needs to be replaced.

As for my cold, I'm feeling better today than yesterday. I have NO idea if the beer helped. I talked to a couple nurses, who said the salt water thing was good, but vinegar water also works.:) We have a humidifier upstairs in our room and one in the family room...the two rooms we use the most.

And now I'm relaxing, eating, and I'm all packed! I dug out a sweatsuit for the great white North. :wave2: Hi Nancy! Too bad I don't have time to get together with you. :sad2:

Kathy, glad that you are feeling better today..never heard of the vinegar water idea :confused3 Great White North??? :eek: We've got snow showers coming in on Wednesday...I shouldn't complain as we have had a very nice fall but I guess I'm never ready for the white stuff! And yes, you'll need the sweatsuit as temps are expected to drop..:sad2:

Evening all!
The stew came out great! I might have added to much peppercorn though.It called for a tablespoon but i put in 2. The crockport instructions stated to place any spices in the last hour but the recipe stated to put it in with everything. Was not sure if it would disolve but they dont!:rotfl: Anways much better than the last time. Very hot and peppery ! I still have alot left over to. Stew for another night:wizard:

NP , To bad VMK did not have an ingame protest system like one of my has.
Instead of email, its ingame chat or messaging to the GM . One of them comes to assist you or can view the online chat and events.

Oh forgot to add, the stew would be good for colds:)

I like leftover stew! And I had the canned variety for lunch.

We brought a fly with us and let him out of the car in Syracuse.:rotfl:

The sweatsuit felt good. I think they're supposed to have snow showers here this week. We saw a mass exodus of geese along I-90 in NY. Methinks the geese know something!!!:lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter