GOOD MORNING DIS! Whoopsidoodle Hangers On and Friends Meet Here Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muhlenberg

DIS Veteran
So for those of you who are having picnics today...do enjoy...I hope the weather is as nice there as it is here...It just dropped to 83F, nice breeze too...no picnic though...All the places that fill propane tanks are closed for the holiday....BUT...did I mention that DS showed up this morning at 10am with a frozen turkey??? :rolleyes: Let's just say that I explained to him that one does not roast a turkey when it's in the 80's outside and that one should not expect a frozen turkey to thaw in an hour or two...:lmao:

I will cook it on Wednesday when temps are supposed to be in the low 70's..
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: When guys get an idea in there head, there's not always logic involved.

And speaking of spilling things down our fronts... I don't have to worry, cause apparently you ladies stole my shape...I'm a triangle...point side up.:rotfl: BUT...DH looks like Santa Claus, no padding needed. He never puts a napkin on his lap, cause, as he puts it, nothing gets past the belly!:rotfl2:

Terri...I hope your brother gets better quickly.:hug: DSIL's grandfather could use some P&PD too...he had a "leaky" artery...and lost 10 units of blood. They caught it in time, which is good, but he's generally not in good health.

And what did you do today??????????? :upsidedow
Goldfinch.jpg
Aaaaww...hope he wasn't too scared to sit on your hand. I hate when birds fly into the windows...and with our sunroom, there's a LOT of glass!

Glad to see you Pat! I can't imagine a whole month on holiday. Wow! Of course, now that our nest is mostly empty...I'm thinking ALL our time is holiday. :faint:

Pat--I don't think 10 months is too far away to book. And I was gonna contact you eventually...but not about our anniversary next month...I am going AGAIN at the end of Nov with just my mom and DD. It'll be a 3 generational girls only trip celebrating my mom's birthday. She mentioned something about shirts saying "Today is my birthday," "Today is my mom's birthday" and "today is my grandma's birthday" that all match minus the saying. I did that for a trip with her and my dad a few years ago, "Today is my 4oth birthday" and "today is my wife's 40th birthday." but I just did it on cafepress and used the basic program "paint" so the graphics were weak.

We went to the fair again tonite. DD was riding the rides and I had to leave. I can't handle her riding rides alone. I worry she'll climb out of the ride and break her leg and then be deformed because her growth plate got damaged. Apparently she had a ball. DH and his mom stayed with her. DH says I'm too overprotective.

Oh, and tomorrow is my last day of work!
You'll get used to letting her do things. By the time my DS came along, I learned how to be "seasoned" in the boy things. He fell down the steps...twice...at the age of two, after he had fallen on the cement floor and given himself a concussion. And it's been an adventure ever since!!! (I think we were in the emergency room every year around his birthday for many years.) But...I just let him fly.:rotfl: I think his head was the last thing he broke.:lmao: And that explains a LOT!!!!

Lynn...DH broke his tailbone once...falling out of a rolling chair onto a cement floor. We could always say he was a pain in the butt.:rotfl2:

Good Morning! :sunny:

And today I was up normal time. But we left our laptop at DS's (we're in a hotel). :faint: So I'm in the lobby.

Today will be busy. WE found out having the furniture co. take apart that sofa will be $275. Uhhh...I think not. For that, we'll try it ourselves, and if we can't...oh well. We need to get DS's computer all set up in his room...without that sofa in there!

One thing went wrong so far...we had a wall and doors put up, and Home Depot ordered the wrong doors. So we have to straighten that out today, too.

Good Morning! It does sound like you'll have a busy day...And for $275 I'd take the think apart and if it doesn't come apart there's always the blow torch! :confused3 :rotfl2: As for Home Depot, ummm, they are quickly becoming a place that I don't like to do business with. Maybe I've just had a string of bad luck with them :confused3

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: When guys get an idea in there head, there's not always logic involved.

And speaking of spilling things down our fronts... I don't have to worry, cause apparently you ladies stole my shape...I'm a triangle...point side up.:rotfl: BUT...DH looks like Santa Claus, no padding needed. He never puts a napkin on his lap, cause, as he puts it, nothing gets past the belly!:rotfl2:

Terri...I hope your brother gets better quickly.:hug: DSIL's grandfather could use some P&PD too...he had a "leaky" artery...and lost 10 units of blood. They caught it in time, which is good, but he's generally not in good health.

I'll be glad to share some of the shape! And I love your DH's sense of humor..;)

I will keep your DSIL's grandfather in my prayers..A leaky artery? That sounds pretty scary...How on earth does one get a leaky artery? Did it just wear out? 10 units of blood is a lot to lose..Thank goodness they caught it in time.

We went to the fair again tonite. DD was riding the rides and I had to leave. I can't handle her riding rides alone. I worry she'll climb out of the ride and break her leg and then be deformed because her growth plate got damaged. Apparently she had a ball. DH and his mom stayed with her. DH says I'm too overprotective.

It's funny that you mention her growth plate. When my DD was 13yr old she was cross country skiing at her high school when she fell and broke her growth plate. She had to be carried out of the woods. I was in Boston for work and received that phone call...:scared1: She had surgery to put a screw in to hold it together and then after several months she had the surgery to remove the screw, after it healed.

And CONGRATS on the last day of work! :woohoo:

Good Morning! It does sound like you'll have a busy day...And for $275 I'd take the think apart and if it doesn't come apart there's always the blow torch! :confused3 :rotfl2: As for Home Depot, ummm, they are quickly becoming a place that I don't like to do business with. Maybe I've just had a string of bad luck with them :confused3

I'll be glad to share some of the shape! And I love your DH's sense of humor..;)

I will keep your DSIL's grandfather in my prayers..A leaky artery? That sounds pretty scary...How on earth does one get a leaky artery? Did it just wear out? 10 units of blood is a lot to lose..Thank goodness they caught it in time.
I don't know how it got leaky...he had internal bleeding. He wears a bag, and that's how he discovered it. He's also diabetic, and that doesn't help at all.

DH has a good sense of humor, tells lots of jokes, etc. That's one of the reasons we "found" each other...he's my balance.:love:

It's funny that you mention her growth plate. When my DD was 13yr old she was cross country skiing at her high school when she fell and broke her growth plate. She had to be carried out of the woods. I was in Boston for work and received that phone call...:scared1: She had surgery to put a screw in to hold it together and then after several months she had the surgery to remove the screw, after it healed.

And CONGRATS on the last day of work! :woohoo:
Growth plates? My grandfather, whom I never knew, apparently damaged his playing football, since his one leg was 5" longer than the other.

I should mention that this was in the EARLY 1900's. Just a bit before my time. :rotfl:

Evening!
Terri,
I hope your brother is alright.:grouphug:

Tammy,
My Sil is thinking of getting a loan also. I dont know the details of it or if i have to co-sign so she pays back the bank. A friend of ours is going to see her to see if she can cut back on her spending or do something with her bills.I guess the bills. She needs a new furnace for the trailor park house she lives in. The area she is the rent is not to expensive . She is currently looking for a good day job that will pay her more. I know she has an interview this week for one. I seem to be mr money lender because my brother also ask me for money but it was not much.

My account is not to bad . As a said when i am head on the bib stuff. Matter of fact i just sent a check for the condo fee today which will pay October.:)

I seem to remember October or Nov as the big wpasadi celebrity time last year. I remember go to Wdw in December during the first team challenge. :upsidedow

I see a lot of this at work...people not being able to afford to live. :sad2: It's when I hear of the lady that laid in her bed for 2 days under the covers for warmth because her furnace wasn't working. :sad1: or the person that had to choose between food and meds..:mad: ..It just drives me :crazy: that we as a country offer aid to other countries and we don't even take care of the precious lives we have here.

I'll keep your DSIL in my prayers and hope that it works out for her. Does MA have fuel assistance? VT has that for people to help with their heating bills in the winter......:confused3 Good Luck...

Oh and blow torch on the sofa??? When we were down before, DS mentioned sledge hammer. And when I was talking to the guy on the phone yesterday, he told me it's a great stress release to use a sledge hammer on it.:lmao: We're just gonna give the thing a try. We have nothing to lose!:thumbsup2

I don't know how it got leaky...he had internal bleeding. He wears a bag, and that's how he discovered it. He's also diabetic, and that doesn't help at all.

DH has a good sense of humor, tells lots of jokes, etc. That's one of the reasons we "found" each other...he's my balance.:love:

Poor man...that sounds pretty :scared:

And so to borrow a line from the Jerry Maguire movie ....he completes you.
Very nice...DH & I are "balanced" too...He's quiet, doesn't easily get upset, and I'm the same way. :love:

NOT! :lmao: Total opposites!

Oh and blow torch on the sofa??? When we were down before, DS mentioned sledge hammer. And when I was talking to the guy on the phone yesterday, he told me it's a great stress release to use a sledge hammer on it.:lmao: We're just gonna give the thing a try. We have nothing to lose!:thumbsup2

A sledge hammer will work on the wooden stuff...A blow torch for all of the metal stuff! :rotfl2: I do like the idea of the stress release part of it...:upsidedow

Good luck with that today.

Poor man...that sounds pretty :scared:

And so to borrow a line from the Jerry Maguire movie ....he completes you.
Very nice...DH & I are "balanced" too...He's quiet, doesn't easily get upset, and I'm the same way. :love:

NOT! :lmao: Total opposites!
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

God has a way of putting opposites together. Cause he KNOWS if he put LIKES together...we'd just be an endangered species!!!:lmao:

Growth plates? My grandfather, whom I never knew, apparently damaged his playing football, since his one leg was 5" longer than the other.

I should mention that this was in the EARLY 1900's. Just a bit before my time. :rotfl:

5"! :scared1: That's a big difference..Glad that the medical field as evolved over time. BTW, DD still has the screws that held it together..The docs put them in a jar as a souvenir..

A sledge hammer will work on the wooden stuff...A blow torch for all of the metal stuff! :rotfl2: I do like the idea of the stress release part of it...:upsidedow

Good luck with that today.
Thanks. It's sort of problem solving.:confused3 I like problem solving...but usually not this physical.:rotfl: Good thing is...there's 4 people of the MALE variety.:)

I guess I should start to get ready for work..NOT something that I'm looking forward to today...I want to be like Nanu...I want this to be my last day.

Have a good day Kathy but don't overdue it!

5"! :scared1: That's a big difference..Glad that the medical field as evolved over time. BTW, DD still has the screws that held it together..The docs put them in a jar as a souvenir..
That's kind of funny...but a reminder of her pain.:eek:

My grandfather had a special shoe for that leg. I think he also had a growth problem because of it. His Sunday School class gave him a nice rocking chair...and my parents still have it...they had it refinished.:love:

I guess I should start to get ready for work..NOT something that I'm looking forward to today...I want to be like Nanu...I want this to be my last day.

Have a good day Kathy but don't overdue it!
:wave2: Bye! I have to go too...gotta go over to DS's so I'm there by 8.

:woohoo: Congrats on the last day of work!

And Nanu...you're overprotective? Yep, cause you're the MOM!! It is hard to let them do things that could hurt them. Always will be. You may have missed my near nervous breakdown after DS14 broke his arm playing Lacrosse and needed several surgeries...then he wanted to play again!:scared1: Lynn had the same issues after her DS18s terrible accident. And letting my 16 year old drive alone for the first time.:scared: It's our job to keep them safe and to let them become independent--the two don't always go together very well!:hug:

AND CONGRATS ON YOUR LAST DAY!!:yay: :yay:

My back is sore below my shoulders from the stair express, but I'll survive.

That may be a little worse this morning. Say it after me....ADVIL!:hug:

I just finished watching Wild Hogs. I thought it was pretty funny and got a huge kick out of the credits.

:rotfl: Glad you enjoyed it too!

Had to post another because my post count was 8,666... :upsidedow: :lmao:

:scared1: pixiedust: pixiedust:

Good Morning! :sunny:

And today I was up normal time. But we left our laptop at DS's (we're in a hotel). :faint: So I'm in the lobby.

Today will be busy. WE found out having the furniture co. take apart that sofa will be $275. Uhhh...I think not. For that, we'll try it ourselves, and if we can't...oh well. We need to get DS's computer all set up in his room...without that sofa in there!

One thing went wrong so far...we had a wall and doors put up, and Home Depot ordered the wrong doors. So we have to straighten that out today, too.

Always something isn't there!:sad2: Hopefully Home Depot will be responsive.

There's always the issue of shoving the sofa out the window!!:rotfl:

Funny story, remember the friends whose home we visited in Grayton Beach? It was a three story (nothing really ON the first story) home, and the living area is on the top floor--they do that often near the coast because the view is better. But the stairways are in the middle of the house and fairly narrow. Rather than move the sofas, TV & armoire, big dining table, etc. up two flights of stairs, they got ahold of some sort of lift truck, lifted the stuff to the third level, and moved it in through the patio doors!:rotfl: I would have had to leave the house while all of that was going on, I'm afraid!

Aaaaww...hope he wasn't too scared to sit on your hand. I hate when birds fly into the windows...and with our sunroom, there's a LOT of glass!

Every once in awhile we find one that didn't know our window was a window...but usually there is no point picking them up...:sad1:

And CONGRATS on the last day of work!

That's the worst feeling! I remember when "broken arm boy" was a toddler and fell and needed stitches. I was in a meeting at work and nobody could find me!:guilty:

Thanks. It's sort of problem solving.:confused3 I like problem solving...but usually not this physical. Good thing is...there's 4 people of the MALE variety.

Ooooo! Lots of testosterone! It could take all day for them to agree on anything!:lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter