GOOD MORNING DIS! Whoopsidoodle Hangers On and Friends Meet Here Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read "14000 in CA without heat because of power" and I thought "so, its warm enough!" When I lived near Philly we'd have brown outs...but my parents don't have AC so it wasn't like we'd lose that.

So I want to buy those bride and groom mickey hats and somehow rig them up with a 5th anniversary on them for our trip. Any ideas? I was gonna see if someone could buy a set and send it to me, but I never got around to it. We'll get there 2 days before our anniversary, so if I buy them when we get there and bring the tools to rig them, I can just do it there. But I'm not sure what to do...any ideas?

I think they are having a sale on the Disney Design t-shirts on Disneyshopping.com Maybe get something personalized on the back of the shirts stating that it's your 5th anniversary! If you can't find something there I bet you could contact Patnl and ask her to design you something nice.

Here's a link to her website: http://www.patsdesigns.com/

So now I've got the sinus pain. And I can't do sudafed, so I'm stuck with the chicken soup-green tea route, and since its like 80 degrees in our house (I just turned on the air a minute ago) I really don't want hot beverages.

I was doing chores too. DH just admitted he hasn't been doing any of the housework recently to "save it for me" when I was done working.:rotfl: So today I did most of our bedroom, our shower, and the living room. He can do the kitchen instead of saving it for me.

Somehow his saving stuff for you doesn't seem fair :confused: You're still working until Tuesday or Wednesday right? Ahhhh...the kitchen...good place to leave for him...:thumbsup2 When he gets to the dishes (assuming that you have some to wash) start cleaning out the refrigerator! ;)

Sorry you're not feeling well..Sometimes just being in the cooler air will make me feel better...Good luck :hug:

Excellent sentence! I would love to show that last part to someone who thinks they're singing in tune or worse......whistling in tune to the music while I'm in the car with them. :headache: :rolleyes1

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: Luckily, for me, the person I travel with most :rolleyes1 prefers "air guitar" to singing along. Of course, that's also the person that is usually driving!:scared1:

As for the shirt thing...I've had to throw out so many shirts because, well, because I'm umm a little ummmm top heavy and THAT's the first place that food lands...I have those Tide pens in my car and at work...:rolleyes:

I knew that I should be eating more healthy! And if Terri doesn't mind I might even ask if she'd share a strawberry too! They do look yummy! But of course after my earlier blunder she might not want to. :sad2:

:hug: Terri will forgive you!

And I have the same problem with food landing "there." It was a nice change of pace when I was pregnant and food landed on my tummy!:rotfl: :rotfl:

Ok, time to go make the baked beans and throw them in the oven. I was just taking a short break to have coffee after we got home from painting. We're not done, but dh just decided he was done for the day. The red kitchen is looking pretty good. There's some touch-up to do, but nothing else except the wall border. I was surprised to see that he had shelves on the living room wall already......and then found out he couldn't sleep and had done them around 2:30 in the morning! :scared1: poor neighbors!

:wave2: Catch up with you later!

Does DS think it is a holiday or something!!:confused3

Don't forget the sizing before the border!!

I had a work friend years back that started me on peppermint herbal tea for sinus stuff...the peppermint seemed to make breathing better...or maybe it just seemed like it! You can get it at the grocery store, and I always keep some around for when I need it! I've never tried putting it over ice...:confused3

I've had the peppermint tea over ice...it's not bad...I had some fresh mint so I threw in one of the leaves and it was pretty good! :thumbsup2 It has to be ice cold though!

Ok, time to go make the baked beans and throw them in the oven. I was just taking a short break to have coffee after we got home from painting. We're not done, but dh just decided he was done for the day. The red kitchen is looking pretty good. There's some touch-up to do, but nothing else except the wall border. I was surprised to see that he had shelves on the living room wall already......and then found out he couldn't sleep and had done them around 2:30 in the morning! :scared1: poor neighbors!

:wave2: Catch up with you later!

I bet the border will look great with the kitchen color...It sounds like you and DH both needed a break...Did your DS say why he couldn't sleep? Maybe it was just being in a different place.. :confused3

Have a nice time at your picnic! :wave:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: Luckily, for me, the person I travel with most :rolleyes1 prefers "air guitar" to singing along. Of course, that's also the person that is usually driving!:scared1:

Yeah, that would be a bit hair-raising :scared1: I'm the "singer", my DH just sits there. :upsidedow

:hug: Terri will forgive you!

And I have the same problem with food landing "there." It was a nice change of pace when I was pregnant and food landed on my tummy!:rotfl: :rotfl:

Come to think about it....Maybe that is why I enjoyed being pregnant! :lmao:

Hi All! Sorry about the Abrupt leaving. Well, work was the same (Boring!), but I got through it. And then those Games got me before I could DIS, so Sadly It's another Post and Go I'm afriad..

See ya Tommorrow.. :wave: Hopefully I'll get up earlier and post more! :goodvibes

So for those of you who are having picnics today...do enjoy...I hope the weather is as nice there as it is here...It just dropped to 83F, nice breeze too...no picnic though...All the places that fill propane tanks are closed for the holiday....BUT...did I mention that DS showed up this morning at 10am with a frozen turkey??? :rolleyes: Let's just say that I explained to him that one does not roast a turkey when it's in the 80's outside and that one should not expect a frozen turkey to thaw in an hour or two...:lmao:

I will cook it on Wednesday when temps are supposed to be in the low 70's..

Hi All! Sorry about the Abrupt leaving. Well, work was the same (Boring!), but I got through it. And then those Games got me before I could DIS, so Sadly It's another Post and Go I'm afriad..

See ya Tommorrow.. :wave: Hopefully I'll get up earlier and post more! :goodvibes

Matt, Matt, Matt :sad2: Those games are just taking over your life! I can't imagine anything on the Internet that is sooo important that you pass up time with your friends.. ;)

Take it easy and maybe tomorrow we'll be seeing a longer post from you !

:lmao: :lmao:

:mad: ;)

So for those of you who are having picnics today...do enjoy...I hope the weather is as nice there as it is here...It just dropped to 83F, nice breeze too...no picnic though...All the places that fill propane tanks are closed for the holiday....BUT...did I mention that DS showed up this morning at 10am with a frozen turkey??? :rolleyes: Let's just say that I explained to him that one does not roast a turkey when it's in the 80's outside and that one should not expect a frozen turkey to thaw in an hour or two...:lmao:

Definitely NOT Turkey baking weather! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: (Well, at least he was sweet enough to think to bring something...he must like your turkey.)

Your weather sounds wonderful, though...:cloud9: We're back near 90 here, but it's still fairly pleasant. We're supposed to have highs around 90 all week.

I've got to get away from this computer...I've been sitting here playing for awhile now, flipping around on and off the DIS...

But hey, I tackled the closets earlier...a girl has to have SOME time to play.:rolleyes1

Oh dear! That could make for an interesting trip! ;)

It was like having an instant table when sitting in a recliner though! :cool2:

He worked all day and I think that was preferred over painting. :)
He still has to go buy one more roll of it before I start too. I want to make sure there's plenty in case of an oops. I've usually had no problem with it, but don't want to take a chance. He can just save the receipt and return any extra later.
I bet the border will look great with the kitchen color...It sounds like you and DH both needed a break...Did your DS say why he couldn't sleep? Maybe it was just being in a different place.. :confused3

Have a nice time at your picnic! :wave:
The border's nice if you like the little chef guys. He's already got them on pot holders and towels in the kitchen. He couldn't sleep because he was too keyed up at just moving in. He just told me now that the shelves are screwed into the walls and he didn't use loud nails. :thumbsup2 I raised him right afterall! :upsidedow

Yes dear......I'd like to have another child so I can have somewhere else to spill stuff............ or, I really miss that table effect, what say we have another child? :rotfl2:

Matt, think of my ds that just moved into his own place. He couldn't take the XBox 360 because it was a shared gift we gave to both sons and one still lives here. :scared1:

Turkey.......that's different for this time of year!
I've got to get away from this computer...I've been sitting here playing for awhile now, flipping around on and off the DIS...

But hey, I tackled the closets earlier...a girl has to have SOME time to play.:rolleyes1
And I fell down stairs, made cook out stuff, and painted. I can sit all I want now!.............except burgers are ready..

:wave2:

Definitely NOT Turkey baking weather! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: (Well, at least he was sweet enough to think to bring something...he must like your turkey.)

Your weather sounds wonderful, though...:cloud9: We're back near 90 here, but it's still fairly pleasant. We're supposed to have highs around 90 all week.

Not turkey weather...and it is beautiful outside...then why am I in here on the DIS??? I did get the gift I needed for the bridal shower as well as some crib/cradle sheets for DD. I've got laundry washing and included the infant car seat and the infant swing covers. I've separated all of the baby's clothes into sizes...(She's all set through size 12 months...now if she's a he I'll be doing some big returns :rolleyes: )

He still has to go buy one more roll of it before I start too. I want to make sure there's plenty in case of an oops. I've usually had no problem with it, but don't want to take a chance. He can just save the receipt and return any extra later.
The border's nice if you like the little chef guys. He's already got them on pot holders and towels in the kitchen. He couldn't sleep because he was too keyed up at just moving in. He just told me now that the shelves are screwed into the walls and he didn't use loud nails. :thumbsup2 I raised him right afterall! :upsidedow

Such a considerate neighbor! What a good guy! Nice job Mom :thumbsup2

Yes dear......I'd like to have another child so I can have somewhere else to spill stuff............ or, I really miss that table effect, what say we have another child? :rotfl2:

I'd throw the food on myself before I'd get pregnant again...:lmao: I enjoyed it twice but I wouldn't do it again :upsidedow

Matt, think of my ds that just moved into his own place. He couldn't take the XBox 360 because it was a shared gift we gave to both sons and one still lives here. :scared1:

Maybe the boys can have custodial weeks with it? :confused3 :)

Turkey.......that's different for this time of year!

And I fell down stairs, made cook out stuff, and painted. I can sit all I want now!.............except burgers are ready..

:wave2:

Time to take a break Lynn! Enjoy!!!

it is oh so quiet......:ssst: :ssst: it is ohhhhh so quiet

sorry, this song just popped into my mind :goodvibes
Just dropping by to say Hi but no one is around, boohoo :guilty:
I can't sleep, am too hyper cause planeticket prizes came out :blush:
I am ready to book but wonder if 10 months is not a long time to book ahead.... :rotfl: :rolleyes:

oh well.......................:hug:

I am ready to book but wonder if 10 months is not a long time to book ahead.... :rotfl: :rolleyes:

Hi Pat! Nice to "see" you! You can't sleep 'cause you're hyper! If that doesn't sound like a Disney commercial that I've seen once or twice! It is never too early to book ahead! If rates drop you can benefit from the lower prices (depending on the airlines) ...Did you win tickets? Did I miss something??

And it's funny that you post today...I had given your website address to Nanu...She'll be celebrating her 5th anniversary at WDW in a couple of weeks and I remembered all of your gorgeous designs and thought she might want to check on ideas with you...

It's pretty quiet over here because of it being Labor Day...last day of summer...My DH is working so no big deal to me...Lynn is having a picnic...Kathy is in FL moving DS into apt for school. 3P was here and there throughout the day...I'm not sure what Terri was doing today..or Nancy either..:confused3 Probably both spending time with family..

Hi Pat! Nice to "see" you! You can't sleep 'cause you're hyper! If that doesn't sound like a Disney commercial that I've seen once or twice! It is never too early to book ahead! If rates drop you can benefit from the lower prices (depending on the airlines) ...Did you win tickets? Did I miss something??

Hiya
How are you doing, hope you have been behaving while I was busy designing and filling requests. I need a break,lol!! :goodvibes

No ,I didnt win tickets, but I had planned to take DD to Orlando during summervacation next year.... for 4 weeks :scared1:
(normally we go in april or may, but then we don't go during summer, and she is bored silly cause all her friends are away so this time I told her we could go to Florida in sumervacation....)
We did not go on Holiday this year so I can save up some more for next..
Ticket prices outhere can not be changed without paying a huge penalty.
Most of the times they are non refundable, and changing them costs about 175 dollars.
Wish I had tickets though:rotfl:
All the prices so far have been about 1000 dollars per ticket, and the ones I found jsut about an hour ago, are 1000 for the 2 of us....
also it is a direct flight so no silly transfers.

Actually I so want to book this right now, but somehow I am scared to :confused3 :guilty:
ain't I weird :rolleyes:

it is 1 a.m but I am way too hyper to sleep, this is me right now :yay:

oh, and we don't do labor day over here :)

And it's funny that you post today...I had given your website address to Nanu...She'll be celebrating her 5th anniversary at WDW in a couple of weeks and I remembered all of your gorgeous designs and thought she might want to check on ideas with you...

It's pretty quiet over here because of it being Labor Day...last day of summer...My DH is working so no big deal to me...Lynn is having a picnic...Kathy is in FL moving DS into apt for school. 3P was here and there throughout the day...I'm not sure what Terri was doing today..or Nancy either..:confused3 Probably both spending time with family..

wow, busy people

Cool, I will wait to see if I hear from Nanu:goodvibes
Will gladly design something for her :thumbsup2
but since it is labor day there, Happy Laborday :grouphug:

And what did you do today??????????? :upsidedow
Goldfinch.jpg

And what did you do today??????????? :upsidedow
Goldfinch.jpg

Oh my gosh, what a beautiful bird!! it looks pretty with those nice color feathers....

DD went back to school today...:goodvibes
So I cleaned house, did some designing, watch tv, checked out ticketprices,lol!!
oh wow, it is 1:30 overhere already, I best get to bed , but I dont want to ....:guilty: :sad2: :sad1:

What did you do today????:goodvibes

Hi, I'm done with the grocery shopping, the soccer shoe (for DD) shopping, and the helping with yard decisions. Now I can sit until DH comes home and wants me to do something else. He shouldn't have days off anymore (so it's a good thing he's cashing in his vacation) because lately all he does on them is shop and spend money!

I knew that I should be eating more healthy! And if Terri doesn't mind I might even ask if she'd share a strawberry too! They do look yummy! But of course after my earlier blunder she might not want to. :sad2:
I'll gladly share with you, Tammy. I knew all along you'd made a typo. I thought it was funny! :lmao:

Terri, your DB has prayers going right out to him and his family! Are they thinking maybe a clogged artery? Or maybe a pinched nerve? Poor guy! He's young...Let us know how he does....:hug:
They're going to do a stress test tomorrow. Beyond that, I'm not sure what all else they're going to do. We'll probably have to keep after him to keep after the doctors to keep searching till they figure it out. Poor DB--he's got two big sisters that are going to be on his butt until he gets well.

Call me ahead of time if you're out driving this way! I'd like to see the dancing in the seat! :lmao:

Me, too! It'll go well with my drumming on the steering wheel! :thumbsup2 (I'm a loud-car-singer, too...)

You deserve MORE than a sit. You deserve a sit and...
tropical_Drinks.jpg

By the way, I'm still giggling at the image of you falling down the stairs saying "Oh crap" and "wth" all the way down! :lmao:

Also, your DS working hard in the middle of the night sounds a little bit like someone we all know...:rolleyes1

Hi Pat! Nice to see you again!:hug:

Oh my gosh, what a beautiful bird!! it looks pretty with those nice color feathers....

DD went back to school today...:goodvibes
So I cleaned house, did some designing, watch tv, checked out ticketprices,lol!!
oh wow, it is 1:30 overhere already, I best get to bed , but I dont want to ....:guilty: :sad2: :sad1:

What did you do today????:goodvibes
Sorry! I didn't mean to post and run, but dd called right after I sent her that picture! I was just sitting on my deck relaxing and watching the birds at the feeder and that poor thing flew right into the sliding glass door. It was completely knocked out when I picked it up, but 20 minutes later woke up and flew to a tree!!!:woohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter