GOOD MORNING DIS! Whoopsidoodle Hangers On and Friends Meet Here Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

ter-moo

DIS Veteran
Nah. I have a new method to my madness. I just realized this morning that my car mileage is running neck and neck with my posts. I'm still trying to figure out whether to up my driving time or slow my postings to balance them out. :confused3 :dance3:
That's pretty low mileage for such a high post count! :lmao:

Nah. I have a new method to my madness. I just realized this morning that my car mileage is running neck and neck with my posts. I'm still trying to figure out whether to up my driving time or slow my postings to balance them out. :confused3 :dance3:
That's pretty funny! :laughing: I say, post more, drive more! :thumbsup2

I spent the day in San Francisco today getting a visa from the Indian Consulate for DS for his upcoming trip to India. A friend (who's also going this summer) and I went in together. You have to wait in line (like at the DMV) for quite a while, submit passports and paperwork and then come back around 4 pm to pick up the visas and your passports that they've taken.

Soooo....between 10:30 and 3:30 we did a leisurely walk through Haight Ashbury. My friend has a S.F. Walks book and we followed one of the walks in it. It's the big 40th anniversary of the summer of love this summer, so the the Haight is definitely rockin'. We had lunch at a little hippie diner and then spent a while in Golden Gate Park before heading back to the consulate. It was a fun day (and MUCH cooler there!) and I felt almost back to normal for the first time in 3 weeks. I'm dizzy now, but at least I got myself back for the majority of the day! :love:

(Of course, I COULD have just FELT normal in comparison to all of the "characters" I saw in Haight Ashbury...:hippie:)

Well, I guess you all went off to bed...

...good night! :wave2:

AND GOOD MORNING, KATHY!!! :sunny:

And now for the really shameless post....

12,000!!!!!!!

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
:dance3: :dance3: :dance3:
Just put it out for a couple hours and see what happens? You'll probably get more people come by during the community sale than if you waited to do it by yourself.

You had to! You were so close to the biggie!:thumbsup2

There's nothing shameless about it! (except I think I'm the only other one here right now?:confused3 )
:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

What she said! I second that emotion!!!

I spent the day in San Francisco today getting a visa from the Indian Consulate for DS for his upcoming trip to India. A friend (who's also going this summer) and I went in together. You have to wait in line (like at the DMV) for quite a while, submit passports and paperwork and then come back around 4 pm to pick up the visas and your passports that they've taken.

Soooo....between 10:30 and 3:30 we did a leisurely walk through Haight Ashbury. My friend has a S.F. Walks book and we followed one of the walks in it. It's the big 40th anniversary of the summer of love this summer, so the the Haight is definitely rockin'. We had lunch at a little hippie diner and then spent a while in Golden Gate Park before heading back to the consulate. It was a fun day (and MUCH cooler there!) and I felt almost back to normal for the first time in 3 weeks. I'm dizzy now, but at least I got myself back for the majority of the day! :love:

(Of course, I COULD have just FELT normal in comparison to all of the "characters" I saw in Haight Ashbury...:hippie:)

That sounds cool, hip AND funky! Sooooooooooooo glad your dizzies are going away.

It's party day. I just realized...it's 7 adults + 6 children (under the age of 7) + us. I think.:confused3 I keep losing people.:rotfl: If you find them...send them to my house.;)

I keep sending stuff to DS's room...pretty soon we'll just have to close the door and NOT GO IN!!!:lmao:

Hi All.. :wave: Not much to say about here.. Things are Normal Around here.. Or as normal as things get for the UK now.. :lmao:

Today's Major news event will be the Two Year Anniversary of the 7/7 bombings. I can still remember the EXACT place I was when I found out.. As I can with September 11th.. Weird how my Memory fails me for the important things like knowing where my Lessons are. :lmao:

Catch you later, I'm off to the Cinema later so won't be on most of the afternoon.. :wave:

Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder.
This is how it manifests:

I decide to water my garden. As I turn on the hose in the driveway, I look over at my car and decide it needs washing.

As I start toward the garage, I notice mail on the porch table that I brought up from the mailbox earlier. I decide to go through the mail before I wash the car.

I lay my car keys on the table, put the junk mail in the garbage can under the table, and notice that the can is full. So I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out the garbage first.

But then I think, since I'm going to be near the mailbox when I take out the garbage anyway, I may as well pay the bills first.

I take my checkbook off the table, and see that there is only one check left. My extra checks are in my desk in the study, so I go inside the house to my desk where I find the can of Coke I'd been drinking.

I'm going to look for my checks, but first I need to push the Coke aside so that I don't accidentally knock it over. The Coke is getting warm, and I decide to put it in the refrigerator to keep it cold.

As I head toward the kitchen with the Coke, a vase of flowers on the counter catches my eye--they need water. I put the Coke on the counter and discover my reading glasses that I've been searching for all morning.

I decide I better put them back on my desk, but first I'm going to water the flowers. I set the glasses back down on the counter, fill a container with water and suddenly spot the TV remote. Someone left it on the kitchen table.

I realize that tonight when we go to watch TV, I'll be looking for the remote, but I won't remember that it's on the kitchen table, so I decide to put it back in the den where it belongs, but first I'll water the flowers.

I pour some water in the flowers, but quite a bit of it spills on the floor. So, I set the remote back on the table, get some towels and wipe up the spill. Then I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do.

At the end of the day the car isn't washed, the bills aren't paid, there is a warm can of Coke sitting on the counter, the flowers don't have enough water, there is still only 1 check in my check book, I can't find the remote, I can't find my glasses, and I don't remember what I did with the car keys.

Then, when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I'm really baffled because I know I was busy all day, and I'm really tired. I realize this is a serious problem, and I'll try to get some help for it, but first I'll check my e-mail....

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Hi guys, I lost the baby last night. I was in the hospital all day today. Sad, obviously. DH asked if I wanted to go to WDW next week to cheer up, but I declined...too crowded and hot.

:hug: Soo Sorry.

12,000!!!!!!!
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Lynn, I'm sure you'll catch up to me pretty quick! Gotta go again...the bedroom is calling me...too bad it keeps saying "clean me, clean me" :lmao:

:lmao:

12,000!!!!!!!

Wow, Nancy thats alot of Dising ! Hurray for 12,000! :banana: :cool1: :dance3: :yay:

Oh Nanu,
Sorry to hear about your baby.

Omg:eek: Next week i go back to work. The week after is my vacation to Ky.

Good morning everyone...that's right, today is 7/7/07

Hey guys. I am up and moving already this morning. It's block sale day! I'll be heading outside in a few to start the set up process. (I hate set up and take down.) I have way less stuff than usual, but more than I thought I would. I really went though and weeded out my closet/drawers and DH's stuff too. Got rid of anything that said large on it for size for him. PLUS, all the stuff that his Mom keeps buying him for gifts that he would never in a million years wear. Looks like it will be a nice day, but I better pop at least 1 allergy pill before I head out.

See you all later.

Wow...you folks are up early today!

I saw 7/7/07 7:07 AM.:rotfl:

Steve...Work...eh...Vaca YAY!!!

Hi Nanu!

Enjoy Nancy. May all you have displayed sell...EARLY!:wizard:

12,000!!!!!!!

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Lynn, I'm sure you'll catch up to me pretty quick! Gotta go again...the bedroom is calling me...too bad it keeps saying "clean me, clean me" :lmao:

th_congratulations.gif

12,000 POSTS!!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

Sounds like a great day for you! I'm so glad that you were able to enjoy most of it...and what a :cool2: place that must be to visit!

It's party day. I just realized...it's 7 adults + 6 children (under the age of 7) + us. I think.:confused3 I keep losing people.:rotfl: If you find them...send them to my house.;)

I keep sending stuff to DS's room...pretty soon we'll just have to close the door and NOT GO IN!!!:lmao:

I've got a bunch of relatives that :love: parties and get-togethers! If you can't find your "lost" people I can send some your way! :rotfl2:
BTW...I'm totally lost as to why you were having a party...was it for DS's graduation or someone's birthday?

I like your schedule! Work one week, vacation one week...:lmao: I'll have to see if my employer would set me up on a schedule like that. :rolleyes:

Hey guys. I am up and moving already this morning. It's block sale day! I'll be heading outside in a few to start the set up process. (I hate set up and take down.) I have way less stuff than usual, but more than I thought I would. I really went though and weeded out my closet/drawers and DH's stuff too. Got rid of anything that said large on it for size for him. PLUS, all the stuff that his Mom keeps buying him for gifts that he would never in a million years wear. Looks like it will be a nice day, but I better pop at least 1 allergy pill before I head out.

See you all later.

Good Luck Nancy on the block sale!

I gotta run to the store and get STUFF for the party. See ya later! :wave2:

Have a great day!!!

GOOD MORNING!

That's pretty low mileage for such a high post count! :lmao:
And my car is almost 5 yrs old!.........same amount of time I've been a member of DIS! Don't you hate weird things like that? :confused3 :rotfl2:

I'm glad you were able to enjoy 'normal' for a while. You deserved a break!:hug: It's funny, because the only picture of Haight Ashbury that comes to mind is one that's in a puzzle game I've done online.....definitely a different kind of place. ;)

You planned it right......return to work for a week and then take vacation! :woohoo:

See you all later.
I'm willing to be you keep going back in your house during the sale to find more stuff to put out! We've done that before. Good luck with it!

I was awake, too, but I didn't think of it...I guess I'll have to wait until next year for 8/8/08 at 8:08
Me too and didn't realize until I read about someone's wedding in the paper.

BTW...I'm totally lost as to why you were having a party...was it for DS's graduation or someone's birthday?
I'm glad you brought that up. I was trying to figure it out too. Did Kathy forget to tell us??:confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter