GOOD MORNING DIS! Whoopsidoodle Hangers On and Friends Meet Here Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, they don't like McD's. Maybe they just won't get hungry. :)

Ooh ooh I have a great idea! :idea:

They did an experiment on dogs where whenever food was put in front of a dog a metronone was played. Eventually, the dog figured out that when the metronone was played, food was to come. However, it worked in reverse. No Metronone, no hunger!

Brillent, though you need food first to do it!

No ideas here. We're having meatloaf...or 3 of us are.:rolleyes:

I've never had Meatloaf before! It's the kind of thing that never comes over here! From TV that did came over here, I heard it's bad.. :lmao:

Do you get Yorkshire Puddings over there? I love them! My mother makes the best Yorkie Puddings ever! :goodvibes They are sort of like a little hollow cakey like thingy that is made from similar things to (and tastes similar to) a pancake!

Hard to explain, just google it! :lmao:

I've never had Meatloaf before! It's the kind of thing that never comes over here! From TV that did came over here, I heard it's bad.. :lmao:

Do you get Yorkshire Puddings over there? I love them! My mother makes the best Yorkie Puddings ever! :goodvibes They are sort of like a little hollow cakey like thingy that is made from similar things to (and tastes similar to) a pancake!

Hard to explain, just google it! :lmao:
My mother makes Yorkshire pudding, but she calls it suet pudding, cause that's what she makes it from.:lmao: But you really shouldn't tell anyone what it's made FROM. They should like it and NOT KNOW!!!:lmao:

The meatloaf plan may have changed...DS tells me he won't be home.:rolleyes:

Meatloaf is just s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d hamburger that is baked. It's hamburger mixed with bread crumbs, an egg, some milk, and ketchup. (That last one is probably what you find strange Matt.)

Hi everyone! :wave:

Lynn, it's Friday night--have PIZZA!

(Guess what we're having?:goodvibes )

I had a wonderful birthday breakfast with 5 great friends this morning. They made me wear a tiara throughout the breakfast. If the picture gets sent to me (someone took one), I'll show you guys. I felt loved.

Then, I came home and there were a dozen roses IN A VASE FROM THE FLORIST from my husband. This man has NEVER given me roses in 20 years of marriage. I almost keeled over. Too bad we're leaving on vacation in two days and they'll die while we're gone!!!:rolleyes1

Even though I've got a couple of days to go till my birthday, I feel it's been well-celebrated!:love:

Kathy are the drugs kicking in? Are you feeling any better? YOU can't be sick on Easter!!!!!! :scared1:

I'm the resident hippo.:lmao: They're kinda short. A bit on the "hippy" side.:lmao: And I'm HUNGRY. Trying to figure out what to eat with my big mouth.:rotfl2:

Marbles? ;)

I'm back! The kids are in bed, the dog has been walked, the dinner dishes can wait until the morning (if I say so, and I do!), and I can DIS in peace!

Lynn, how about shepherd's pie? That's easy and filling. Mmm, shepherd's pie ...

Grilled cheese sandwiches? Cheesy things? (That's an old family favorite -- slice of bread spread with mustard, then topped with slices of onion and tomato and finally a slice of cheese and put into the oven until the cheese is bubbly ... mmm, cheesy things!) Pancakes?

Shoot, now I'm getting hungry again. Although I'm still a bit queasy from having raided the kids' Easter candy supply before. Drat that temptation!!

Shoot, now I'm getting hungry again. Although I'm still a bit queasy from having raided the kids' Easter candy supply before. Drat that temptation!!

Don't you HATE that? I did that for lunch today since I wasn't "hungry" after a big breakfast. Now I'm all shaky...

Howdy, ter-moo! You're a girl after my own heart -- I would wear a tiara every day if I thought I could get away with it! I take it that it's a bit early to wish you a Happy Birthday, but let me wish you a very Merry Unbirthday!!

Hi everyone! :wave:

Lynn, it's Friday night--have PIZZA!

(Guess what we're having?:goodvibes )

I had a wonderful birthday breakfast with 5 great friends this morning. They made me wear a tiara throughout the breakfast. If the picture gets sent to me (someone took one), I'll show you guys. I felt loved.

Then, I came home and there were a dozen roses IN A VASE FROM THE FLORIST from my husband. This man has NEVER given me roses in 20 years of marriage. I almost keeled over. Too bad we're leaving on vacation in two days and they'll die while we're gone!!!:rolleyes1

Even though I've got a couple of days to go till my birthday, I feel it's been well-celebrated!:love:
Happy early birthday!!!! It sounds like you had a wonderful day!!!

Don't you HATE that? I did that for lunch today since I wasn't "hungry" after a big breakfast. Now I'm all shaky...

Yes! And the sad thing is, I was off the sugar for most of Lent, but I hit a rough patch stress-wise and decided that it was best to put off restricting my eating until everything calmed down. I bought the Easter stash a few days ago and had it nicely hidden, but thought I'd best 'organize' it tonight :rolleyes: and realized that I'd gotten far too much for my poor children, and so I selflessly threw myself on the grenade of sugariness and snarfed down a bag of chocolate eggs. Oog. What was I thinking??

Happy early birthday!

Anyway, I found some interesting information online as I was researching various universities.

Did you all know that there is a "Muhlenberg College?" One of our own is famous!!! I looked it up, and it seems to be a pretty good school. Average SAT score is 2013 and the average GPA is 3.44.

Yes! And the sad thing is, I was off the sugar for most of Lent, but I hit a rough patch stress-wise and decided that it was best to put off restricting my eating until everything calmed down. I bought the Easter stash a few days ago and had it nicely hidden, but thought I'd best 'organize' it tonight :rolleyes: and realized that I'd gotten far too much for my poor children, and so I selflessly threw myself on the grenade of sugariness and snarfed down a bad of chocolate eggs. Oog. What was I thinking??
That's the part I love about the baskets!! You have to keep evening it out if you have more than one to fill!!! ;) As long as they all get one piece, it's still ok!!!:rotfl:

Oh, I used up the grilled cheese idea a few nights ago. I guess I'll go play in the pantry for a while and see what I can come up with for dinner.
:wave2: Bye all!

Happy early birthday!

Anyway, I found some interesting information online as I was researching various universities.

Did you all know that there is a "Muhlenberg College?" One of our own is famous!!! I looked it up, and it seems to be a pretty good school. Average SAT score is 2013 and the average GPA is 3.44.

Hey, cool! It doesn't surprise me about the scores -- only the cream of the crop for our Muhlenberg! :)

Say, that reminds me -- I just read an article in which they referred to the 3 sections of the SAT, but in my day, roughly contemporary with the time of the pterodactyl, there were only 2 sections, math and verbal. Does anyone know what the 3rd section is and when it was added? :confused3

I know all about it, having taken it in all of its annoying 3.5 hour glory. :rolleyes: As of 2005 they changed it to 3 sections: Critical Reading (verbal) Math, and Grammar/Writing. Each is worth 800, and a perfect score is would be 2400. Only 20 in 100,000 people get that eah year.
Grammar is the newest, and it comprises an essay (scored 2-12) and a set of grammar questions. Essay scores of 9 and up increase your score, 8 keeps it the same, and 7s and below lower it.

Happy early birthday!

That...is my Alma Mater!!!:love: But THOSE are NOT my scores!!! :rotfl: And yes...it's a very good school. I should get commission for this. The school is the reason for my screenname. :) I have managed to make many people curious!:)

Dinner at our house has turned into ordering from the deli. A steak sandwich for me with NO CHEESE!!! DS informed me he won't be here for dinner.:rolleyes:

I thought of you the moment I was it. I was wondering, did she go there? Now I know. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter