Good bye Pounds, Hello Disney ***Tinkerbell 2013 here I come

I'm going to try bumping it up a bit to 1 min run and 1 min walk intervals. We';; see how that goes

Monday: walk or XT
Tues: run 20 mins (10 intervals)
Wed: walk or XT
Thurs: run 20 mins (10 intervals)
Fri: off
Sat: 2 mile
Sun: Swim

My jog didn't work out the way I planned today. I *think* I did about 8 mins running total. But I accidently hit the emergency stop cord part way through my workout and totally lost track from there. I also had to add in some walk time as after about 5 intervals of run 1 walk 1 I was feeling like 1min wasn't long enough.

I don't know if I should change my intervals for Thursday or try 1 and 1 again.

I'm going to try bumping it up a bit to 1 min run and 1 min walk intervals. We';; see how that goes

Monday: walk or XT
Tues: run 20 mins (10 intervals)
Wed: walk or XT
Thurs: run 20 mins (10 intervals)
Sat: 2 mile

Did the full 10 intervals of run 1 walk 1 tonight:cheer2: It was a challenge.
Including warm up and cool down it was 1.7 miles in 35 mins.

I think for my 'long' run on saturday I'll do run 1 walk 2, as I don't think I'm ready for more than 10 intervals at 1 and 1!

at this point I can't even imagine 13.1, as I haven't mastered 2 yet. eek!

Did the full 10 intervals of run 1 walk 1 tonight:cheer2: It was a challenge.
Including warm up and cool down it was 1.7 miles in 35 mins.

I think for my 'long' run on saturday I'll do run 1 walk 2, as I don't think I'm ready for more than 10 intervals at 1 and 1!

at this point I can't even imagine 13.1, as I haven't mastered 2 yet. eek!

Just one step at a time. Many of us started where you are and over time built it up. You are doing great! Just follow the plan, and it is ok to challenge yourself! You may surprise yourself to find that you ARE doing it.

My Learn to Run started like this last year:
Week 1: 1 min run: 2 minute walk x 6 sets (do three times in one week)
Week 2: 1:1 x10 sets
Week 3: 2:1 x6 sets
Week 4: 3:1 x5 sets
Week 5: 4: 1 x4 sets
Week 6: 5:1 x3 sets
Week 7: 6:1 x3 sets
Week 8: 8:1 x2 sets + 2:1 x1 set
Week 9: 10:1 x 2
Week 10: 10:1 x 2

Week one was hard but doable. Week 2 felt like a lot and thinking forward to 10:1s I was sure I couldn't do it. I found Week 3 to be brutal, and weeks 7 and 9 to be really hard. But I was able to go up each week if I did 3 runs in the week at that pace. But I was able to go up just barely: it was not comfortable.

The best advice I got was this: it won't get any easier.

At first I though, "that is terrible advice!" but now I think about it a bit differently. I had to get used to the idea and sensations of working hard. Of working near my maximum effort. And that I survived each time. And while each step got easier, I upped my goal and worked at 90-100% of effort to meet that new goal. Now I am comfortable in my head with working really hard, of huffing and puffing and feeling wiped out. Some days I enter this zone more than others - somedays I just want a good workout and other days I want a challenge. But that is usually in my head as a response to emotional stuff - my body is usually game for a hard challenge. Even marathon runners are working HARD. It isn't easy.

If it wasn't hard it wouldn't be great.

The body is stronger than the mind. Your mind will tell you to stop, that it is too hard, that you won't make it. With a sensible plan, you CAN do it. I was a very unfit 265# woman when I started. Watched my weight climb to 270 with the new muscles I built and watched as each week I could do more.

Take your time to build this up. Tell yourself you can do it. Don't think too far forward. And don't listen to your brain. Watch how you body responds to the activity each time and how you have some reserve left. Feel your muscles getting stronger.

I've been following your progress and you are doing great. Congratulations! 1.7 miles is LONG!!!!! Drive it in a car sometimes. :cool1:

Hope this helps. :hippie:

Just one step at a time. Many of us started where you are and over time built it up. You are doing great! Just follow the plan, and it is ok to challenge yourself! You may surprise yourself to find that you ARE doing it.

My Learn to Run started like this last year:
Week 1: 1 min run: 2 minute walk x 6 sets (do three times in one week)
Week 2: 1:1 x10 sets
Week 3: 2:1 x6 sets
Week 4: 3:1 x5 sets
Week 5: 4: 1 x4 sets
Week 6: 5:1 x3 sets
Week 7: 6:1 x3 sets
Week 8: 8:1 x2 sets + 2:1 x1 set
Week 9: 10:1 x 2
Week 10: 10:1 x 2

Week one was hard but doable. Week 2 felt like a lot and thinking forward to 10:1s I was sure I couldn't do it. I found Week 3 to be brutal, and weeks 7 and 9 to be really hard. But I was able to go up each week if I did 3 runs in the week at that pace. But I was able to go up just barely: it was not comfortable.

The best advice I got was this: it won't get any easier.

At first I though, "that is terrible advice!" but now I think about it a bit differently. I had to get used to the idea and sensations of working hard. Of working near my maximum effort. And that I survived each time. And while each step got easier, I upped my goal and worked at 90-100% of effort to meet that new goal. Now I am comfortable in my head with working really hard, of huffing and puffing and feeling wiped out. Some days I enter this zone more than others - somedays I just want a good workout and other days I want a challenge. But that is usually in my head as a response to emotional stuff - my body is usually game for a hard challenge. Even marathon runners are working HARD. It isn't easy.

If it wasn't hard it wouldn't be great.

The body is stronger than the mind. Your mind will tell you to stop, that it is too hard, that you won't make it. With a sensible plan, you CAN do it. I was a very unfit 265# woman when I started. Watched my weight climb to 270 with the new muscles I built and watched as each week I could do more.

Take your time to build this up. Tell yourself you can do it. Don't think too far forward. And don't listen to your brain. Watch how you body responds to the activity each time and how you have some reserve left. Feel your muscles getting stronger.

I've been following your progress and you are doing great. Congratulations! 1.7 miles is LONG!!!!! Drive it in a car sometimes. :cool1:

Hope this helps. :hippie:

Thanks, for the advice. I would be nice if it got easier:rolleyes1 but I'm doing this to challenge myself, right? So I'll keep plodding away!

Well, what I mean is that running is hard - but you get better and run faster and longer. Most people want to progress and so keep up the intensity level, but are seeing so much better performance. Sure, if I ran 1:1s at a slow pace my heart wouldn't get very excited, so in that sense it is easier. But, for most runners the experience stays intense. But you like it more!!!!

Well, what I mean is that running is hard - but you get better and run faster and longer. Most people want to progress and so keep up the intensity level, but are seeing so much better performance. Sure, if I ran 1:1s at a slow pace my heart wouldn't get very excited, so in that sense it is easier. But, for most runners the experience stays intense. But you like it more!!!!

:thumbsup2 I knew what you were getting at. I'm looking forward to the progress. I like challenge too.

I forgot to update last night that I did 2.4 including warm up and cool down! Today was swimming day, and I had a relaxing swim. It's almost like a rest day, as I don't feel like I work that hard but it's like a treat to get to go to the pool and the hot tub!

Here's this week's plan. Adding in arm exercised on Monday and Wednesday. Looking forward to the 3 mines on Sat.

Monday: Bike and arm weights
Tues: run 20 mins (10 intervals 1:1)
Wed: Bike and arm weights
Thurs: run 20 mins (10 intervals 1:1)
Sat: 3 mile (1:2 intervals)

I'm so tired this morning I didn't want to get up. :faint:This weekend was the third weekend in a row that I've worked. I hope to be done the project I'm working on by Thursday/Friday and I'm so looking forward to finally getting a weekend off and sleeping in!

Looks like a great schedule. :banana:
Thanks!

Gym was ok tonight, 40mins on the bike then some weights. But there were a group of 5 teenage boys playing around on the weights tonight:headache: They were doing all kinds of weird things and egging each other on so very noisy.

Had good 'run' tonight. 1.6miles in 32mins including warm-up and cool down. Total 10mins ran, just as planned.

Tired now, it's bed time!

I didn't go to the gym yesterday because I didn't get off work until 8:30 and was just too tired.

But I went tonight. Had a good 'run'. Including warm up and cool down I did 1.54 miles in 31mins with 10 mins of running total. :thumbsup2

I never did make up the missed work-out on Wednesday :confused3 but had a great long ‘run’ yesterday and nice, relaxing swim today.

Here’s the plan for next week:

Monday: bike and arm exersize
Tues: run 24 mins (run1:walk1- 12 intervals)
Wed: bike and arm exersize
Thurs: run 24 mins (run1:walk1- 12 intervals)
Sat: 3 mile (run1:walk2)

Today's run was a tough slog. I did the total 12 mins running but the last 4 intervals I ran 1- walked 1:30. Glad I kept going, though.

Had problems getting on to Dis this weekend so posting this a little late.

I didn't even leave the house yesterday, since it was a holiday my work-out routine got messed up so it turned into a 'rest day'

I ran tonight. Felt tired, ate to close to running so my stomach was too full and the room was too hot and my calves were tight. Lots of excused! So made it through 24 intervals, even though in my head I was shooting for 26. Oh, well. I hadn't posted my plan yet. So now I have and I'm on plan :rolleyes1

This week:
Monday: off
Tues: run 24 mins (run1:walk1- 12 intervals)
Wed: walk or bike and strength training
Thurs: run 26 mins (run1:walk1- 13 intervals)
Fri: walk or bike and strength training
Sat: 3 mile (run1: walk1.5)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter