Good bye Pounds, Hello Disney ***Tinkerbell 2013 here I come

DisNorth

DIS Veteran
Hello, I just joined Dis and am starting a WISH journal to help to accountable for my goals!

First a bit about me, I’m turning 30 in the fall of this year (2012):scared1:! I have been struggling with my weight all of my life and I am now at my heaviest. I’m obese and it put limits on my life so I want to change! I live in a small town in northern Canada so I don’t get out much. I’m single, childless but I have two nieces (age 2 and 3) and one nephew (1 year old) that I love. I want to be able run around with them and take them to Disney and go on all the rides without worrying if I will fit.

So my goal for myself is to overall lose 160lbs! This is a journey, not a race but part of this journey will be a Disney Half Marathon. I hope to work up to running and lose enough weight to do the 2013 Tinkerbelle Half Marathon. When I started my lose weight/be healthy plan I thought I would use a Disney trip as my reward when I lost all 160lbs. But I learnt about Disney Marathons and I knew that I had to work for the Tinker bell! I might not lose all 160 by January then but it will be a motivation!:cheer2:

I started last week, with the goal of starting to track what I eat and go to the gym 3x. I'm tracking using fitday, it's free!:goodvibes

I've been doing pretty good. I went to the gym and did 35mins on the elliptical on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday.I tracked all my food and didn't overindulge. And I’ve lost 5lbs :banana::banana::banana:

I walked for 25mins today, I wanted to go longer but I was getting blisters.:eek: It’s really frustrating I paid a lot of money for my shoes but I was too rushed when I went to get them so they are not very good. They are fine on the elliptical because there is no lifting the foot, just gliding. But walking it was terrible, I now have blisters on my heels.:mad: I had to go to the drug store and get some blister bandages. I don’t know if I need to ‘break-in’ the shoes more or what? But I think I will just go back to my old runners, luckily I still have them.

Had a great weekend of no over eatting.

This week I'm going to start Jeff Galloway's 5K training. I'm going to try 1min run 3 min walk intervals to start and see how that goes.

I'm switching around the days a little bit, because I like going to the pool on Sunday, Saturday will be the 'long run day' and Friday my off day. I'll do 30-40mins of walking or elliptical on Monday & Wednesday for my cross-training.

So this is the plan:
Monday: walk or XT
Tues: run 12 mins (4 intervals)
Wed: walk or XT
Thurs: run 12 mins (4 intervals)
Fri: off
Sat: 1 mile
Sun: Swim

I also want continue tracking food and stay between 2500 and 3000 calories.

Yesterday was ok, had a chocolate craving but managed to still keep in my calorie range. Went on the elliptical for 35 mins. Today is a run day :scared1: I'll check in after my run. But now it's a smoothy for breakfast and then off to work!

My first run of the plan went well. :cool1:Only 4mins of running (more like jogging at 4miles per hour) in total but that makes me work at this point!

I got new runners, and although they aren't broken in yet they are much better than my other ones. My blisters are healing up a bit so my feet weren't totally happy but at least it wasn't pure agony. My next run day is Thursday. I’m feeling a little impatient for progressing but I know I need to follow plan so I don’t hurt myself or burn out.

Cross training day today, did 35mins on the elliptical. Eating was a little bit of a struggle again today, didn’t eat as healthy as I should. :confused3 I stocked up on some fruit today to try to help deal with the sugar cravings in a healthier way.

Today food-wise was terrible. My co-worker brought in pie and ice cream this afternoon. :headache: I couldn't say 'no, I'm on a diet' it would be to embarrassing for me. And of course there was the temptation, with everyone eating and I love ice cream.

I did do my second ‘run’ day today. It was good, but knees a little sore, not painful but just a little twinge. I’m not ready to pick up the pace, I really don’t want to injure myself.

Tomorrow is a rest day, so that’s exciting, although I’ll really have to make sure I don’t over eat.

It’s also weigh-in day, which is scary:scared1:.

HEY!! I'm glad you've started your journey off well. It sounds like you have a really good plan.

How do you like the elliptical? DH and I have been looking at one for a while but I can't seem to get the hang of it. My kids love them though.

I'm also looking at the Tink 1/2 and the Princess 1/2 next year. I'll be turning 40 and those are 2 goals for me. Not sure if I'll make it only because DS15 wants to go to Ireland on a class trip but we'll see, gotta pinch those pennies.

HEY!! I'm glad you've started your journey off well. It sounds like you have a really good plan.

How do you like the elliptical? DH and I have been looking at one for a while but I can't seem to get the hang of it. My kids love them though.

I'm also looking at the Tink 1/2 and the Princess 1/2 next year. I'll be turning 40 and those are 2 goals for me. Not sure if I'll make it only because DS15 wants to go to Ireland on a class trip but we'll see, gotta pinch those pennies.

Hello! And thanks for the encouragement!

I really like the elliptical. I find it’s a lot easier on the joints than walking/running yet great cardio. It’s great for cross training.

The Think and Princess, what a great goal! :banana::banana:

Last week the training was good, I completed all my runs and cross training. The food didn’t go so good. Was a little over on calories on Thursday and got completely derailed on Friday. So hopefully I can do better this week on the eatting.

I’m going to step running up to 1 min run and 2 min walk intervals. I found last week’s runs a lot less challenging than expected so I’m cutting down the walking to 2 mins. I also am going to up the ‘long run.’ Week 2 of the plan is supost to be 1 mile, like the first. But I ended up doing 1.4 miles (not including warm-up/cool down) on Saturday so upcoming Saturday I’m going to go for 1.5 (not including warm-up/cool down).

Monday: walk or elliptical
Tues: run 15 mins (5 intervals)
Wed: walk or elliptical
Thurs: run 15 mins (5 intervals)
Fri: off
Sat: 1.5 mile
Sun: Swim

Continue tracking food and stay between 2500 and 3000 calories every day.

Way to go on the 2 pounds lost!!!

You're week 2 fitness schedule sounds great!

Thanks for the input on the elliptical. We'll see how income tax checks pan out, we might go ahead and buy one. In the mean time the kids have discovered roller skating so they want to do that every other weekend. I used to skate in my teens but last night was the first time in 20 years I had skates on! :scared:

Way to go on the 2 pounds lost!!!

You're week 2 fitness schedule sounds great!

Thanks for the input on the elliptical. We'll see how income tax checks pan out, we might go ahead and buy one. In the mean time the kids have discovered roller skating so they want to do that every other weekend. I used to skate in my teens but last night was the first time in 20 years I had skates on! :scared:

Oh, roller skating, that's a workout! And a Challenge!

I’m going to step running up to 1 min run and 2 min walk intervals.

Tues: run 15 mins (5 intervals)

Had a great run today :tigger:
The run 1 walk 2 seems to be a good pace for me right now. Just challenging enough.

I find getting consistent exercise is making me feel better, and giving me more energy though out the day. I need too keep working on the eating part, I find tracking what I eat more challenging that the running training! :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter