good bye - I can't take it any longer

The version I had of Leisure Suit Larry was when he went on a cruise. Maybe that's why you seemed familiar when I met you on the ship in May???

Hilarious ;)

BTW, I'm playing burgertime right now!

I loved Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego!

I loved that game too Don! It was fantastic :thumbsup2

I remember the thrill of playing games on my Commodore 64 as a kid and loading games off a cassette tape (before the large floppeies even :scared1:).
- Bill

We had a 64, the only problem was when it would ALMOST be loaded. And would then fail. You would then have to start it again :surfweb:.

Roy

IMG_3672.jpg

I want this one! I think it's cute :love:

I can not get the visual of someone walking into someone elses house and saying to them....

"Oh my! What ugly drapes!"

"Uhhhh...thanks....we bought them last week."
::yes::

People are more than free to criticise my drapes. I am renting and they come with the house, and they are UGLY!!! :lmao:

Kids nowadays have no idea that we once got interent through slow dial-up and had only "so many" minutes per month.

I remember that! (even though I am still a 'youngster' on the boards at 20) I remember having to go and ask my dad before going on to the internet to play games etc.

A homeschool family I know has "unlimited" internet service. They use the internet for school work. They were told they are using "too much". Don't know who their provider is.

We have unlimited here too, but it is subject to a fair usage policy, if we stream or download too much they reduce how much we are allowed for the rest of the month, so it can get a bit slow, but we are talking 20 meg, so its not that bad.

I think my DH is going to think I finally went over the Disney deep end once I start listening to the podcasts. :lmao: I loooooooovvvvvveeeee WDW planning. He just likes going to my highly organized trip ;)

I'll need to read the stickies now to get all the info.

The podcasts did really push me off the Disney deep end! I am loving the swim though! :goodvibes

I remember sitting for hours and playing "PONG" on the Atari . . . :bored:
WHAT WAS I THINKING :laughing:

I do remember this little tank game though - it was sooooo much fun - there was one level I could never do though - but I did try a lot

It's just not the same. You can't replace the Atari. LOVED that thing. We also had ours until a few years ago and my mom sold it. The controllers weren't working very well by that time.

Yeah I know. I miss the joystick from the atari. The thumb stick is just not the same. But it is better than nothing at all.

It is funny to watch my mom play with the xbox controller-she uses two fingers and trys to use it like the old joysticks. LOL

Too bad you still can't buy at least the controllers since they were first to go on it.

Kids nowadays have no idea that we once got interent through slow dial-up and had only "so many" minutes per month.

Some of us were building "teh interwebs" when most of you didn't even have modems...

Aw, crap...dating myself again... :(

Yeah I know. I miss the joystick from the atari. The thumb stick is just not the same. But it is better than nothing at all.

It is funny to watch my mom play with the xbox controller-she uses two fingers and trys to use it like the old joysticks. LOL

Too bad you still can't buy at least the controllers since they were first to go on it.

What's funny is I used the Atari joystick much like the thumbstick today...right thumb on top, left thumb on button. Took apart a few to glue the plastic parts back together a few times too...they broke easy.

There is a video game system that has a whole bunch of the old Atari games in it, that is essentially the joystick that just plugs directly into the TV...

Does anyone remember that weird version of Dungeons and Dragons played on generic Atari?

Does anyone remember that weird version of Dungeons and Dragons played on generic Atari?

You mean "Adventure"? Where you get chased by giant ducks - I mean, Dragons - looking for a chalice. Or if you knew the secret, the "magic dot"...

What's funny is I used the Atari joystick much like the thumbstick today...right thumb on top, left thumb on button. Took apart a few to glue the plastic parts back together a few times too...they broke easy.

There is a video game system that has a whole bunch of the old Atari games in it, that is essentially the joystick that just plugs directly into the TV...

Yeah I saw that but it takes batteries. My parents had some of those plug and plays like that and went through tons of batteries for them. But not bad if that is all you can get. For us the next best thing was the game for the xbox. Lets us play without having to replace batteries all the time.

Are you thinking of Mattel's Intellivision version of D&D? I LOVED ::yes:: that game, and might even still have a copy laying around for the sake of nostalgia. Mattel got out of electronic games soon afterward.

Are you thinking of Mattel's Intellivision version of D&D? I LOVED ::yes:: that game, and might even still have a copy laying around for the sake of nostalgia. Mattel got out of electronic games soon afterward.

YES!!!!! I LOVED that! I'm so glad someone else remembers it!!!:dance3:

I remember we had a Commodore 64 and then a Commodore 128 (I think the 128 was the upgrade) . My dad subscribed to this magazine I think it was called RUN. In it you would find all these very cool scripts that could be typed into the computer and upon completion one could save the program and run the super cool game. The problem was after hours of typing the scripts in and trying to run the program there was almost always a SYNTAX error. Sometimes it was a typo but often it was an error in the magazine which of course would be corrected in the next month's issue. :scared1:

I also remember my parents sent me to a week long (day) camp to learn how to do some basic programming. I think I was in 6th grade summer going into 7th. I really did not want to go. I have always had trouble fitting in, making friends, being accepted , getting all that social stuff. Anyway, After begging not to have to go, I had to go anyway. Hated every stinkin minute of it. I don't remember too much about the programming other than I was able to make words scroll across the screen I do however remember that not only were social situations painful for me (and still are) but they also had an hour of soccer every day. Did I mention that I lack sports ability on any level? Yes it was a truly horrible week for my 12 year old self.:sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter